The Platinum Coin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't political or race related, it's just pure human stupid.

The fact that these are our "financial geniuses" says it all. We're ****ed and better learn Chinese.
That's what I meant when I said it doesn't have to be political. I don't care what party came up with the idea. It is stupid and it is dangerous.

At least your idea makes some monetary sense. The Platinum coin not so much.

The coin would be worth about $1500 in reality. If they think that calling it a trillion dollar coin will make it worth a trillion bucks, I'm going to send them a $10,000 penny to pay my back taxes. I'll even let them keep the change.

The coin would be worth about $1500 in reality. If they think that calling it a trillion dollar coin will make it worth a trillion bucks, I'm going to send them a $10,000 penny to pay my back taxes. I'll even let them keep the change.

Mind if I take those green bits of paper off your hands? They're only worth a few cents, but I sure do like a good portrait of Benjamin Franklin :wink1:

Brilliant. The elegance of that solution is that it can be applied to any denomination - and the number of zero's added can be adjusted to the fiscal conditions of the day.

Back