The Original Lurtz Figure by Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
021202lotr05gd8.jpg

Here is another pic of Lurtz. Also, there is the original Isildur bust with him looking down.

Wow, theres a flash from the past, not seen that pic for years.
I wish Weta would have done more and continued the line, ah well, we will have to see what the Hobbit brings us :rock
x :peace

I have recently found an image of the Prototype Lurtz :uruk-hai in armor statue by Weta, however the Statue was altered and changed into Ugluk Uruk-Hai Captain. I think this was a mistake :monkey2 even though the picture is small you can get the idea that it would of made a great statue. I mean the Newborn Lurtz is a good statue and Sculpt but I would have preferred an armored Lurtz, don't get me wrong I have the Newborn Lurtz and it would defiantly be one of my favorites I just think that an Armored Lurtz would make a better Statue :uruk-hai

Here is a link to the page
https://groups.msn.com/LosJinetesNegrosdeNazgul/coleccionas.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=212

What are your guys thoughts on it?
Man, that's a shame. I would have loved to have that as part of my "lurtz collection" There's no telling what deep dark prototype secrets weta has, hidden away from the light of day! Just imagine, what all we’ll never know about. The surfacing of this proto lurtz make you wonder. I was never really impressed with the new born lurtz

Man, that's a shame. I would have loved to have that as part of my "lurtz collection" There's no telling what deep dark prototype secrets weta has, hidden away from the light of day! Just imagine, what all we’ll never know about. The surfacing of this proto lurtz make you wonder. I was never really impressed with the new born lurtz

I have the Newborn Lurtz Statue, its a good statue but an Armored Lurtz would of been a lot better in my opinion :banghead

I can’t disagree with you there, a nicely done armored Lurtz would be the panicle of any Lurtz fan’s collection. I guess the new born Lurtz is o.k., and honestly, as a collector I should own it simply because it is Lurtz. I guess the reason why I’m not terribly impressed with it is because it doesn’t really depict Lurtz in all his fierce glory in my humble opinion.

I can’t disagree with you there, a nicely done armored Lurtz would be the panicle of any Lurtz fan’s collection. I guess the new born Lurtz is o.k., and honestly, as a collector I should own it simply because it is Lurtz. I guess the reason why I’m not terribly impressed with it is because it doesn’t really depict Lurtz in all his fierce glory in my humble opinion.

I suppose that is what they made the 1/4 Scale bust for too depict Lurtz diferently :monkey3

I have a list somewhere of Sideshow Weta's proposed statues and busts for FOTR that was first announced at ToyFair 2001. It included the great looking Lurtz in armor prototype, and a "shire" Pippen which I heard was made, but which I've never seen. Also included were statues of Barliman, Celeborn, and Gwaihir. Not sure if prototypes of these statues were ever made though.

Hi, Can you upload these photos please.

Thanks

I still really want this Lurtz in armor prototype. It has to be somewhere and I have the cash. Someone must know! If you can help me get it, a $100 finders fee to you too! Anyone? Thanks! PM me please.

It's probably at SS offices or Weta's. I'd say you got a snow ***** chance in heck of getting it.

It was changed into Ugluk holding a severed Orcs head from the scene near Fangorn. The prototype was never released so won't be available :lecture

Is that worth $50? :lol

Back