The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ! the background comes from an old Sci Fi magazine promo Advertisement. I photoshopped the words out and inserted our Rocketeer !

The Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 has boots that are the same as the Rocketeer movie boots...can't believe I didn't see it sooner. They have the correct laces on the front/top and side. Picked up a pair and painted them with brown tones for my Medicom Figure.
1209211938.jpg

1209212303.jpg

The Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 has boots that are the same as the Rocketeer movie boots...can't believe I didn't see it sooner. They have the correct laces on the front/top and side. Picked up a pair and painted them with brown tones for my Medicom Figure.
1209211938.jpg

1209212303.jpg

That looks pretty good:hi5:, did you do a body swap as well? Could you post pics of the entire figure? I'd love to see what it looks like.

That looks pretty good:hi5:, did you do a body swap as well? Could you post pics of the entire figure? I'd love to see what it looks like.
At t his point I'm still working on it...smaller buckles on the sleeves to be finished. Right now it's on a soldier story body but I may replace it with a TTL body as the pegs will fit into the boots better. We'll see.
1209212408.jpg

Good eye, McHaley, those boots look ace! Your figure looks excellent overall with the changes you've done thus far. :clap

That looks fantastic, thanks for posting pics. Did you swap out the head underneath the helmet too?
This is what was posted a ways back:
Used a Soldier Story body, new boots, changed out the sleeve buckles. Took all the buttons & snaps off the shirt...too much bulk. Still want to add laces tot he boots at some point.
Feb0152.jpg
Feb0192.jpg

Feb021.jpg
Feb0222.jpg

Your Rocketeer is top notch Mark! I was hoping to do some customizing with the Captain Action Rocketeer figure, but I don't know what the status of it is. I really hope it gets released.

Have another Rocketeer sketch card commission in the works. Looking forward to that.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

(curls into a ball crying)

Such a shame too. It was a promising figure.

I was at Disney California Adventure yesterday and they have this mannequin in one of their shops.

dl07082012_0200.jpg

Also poking around, one of the store fronts has "fake" mailboxes. This name was on one of them:
dl07082012_0206.jpg

Hrm. Not sure if those were leftover costumes from The Rocketeer in the Disney archives/ costume shops or now. The mailbox tag is also coincidental. Maybe someone there is a Rocketeer fan.

wow....a rocketeer appreciation thread with more than 100 pages....i feel like home already.....since we have a lot of rocketeer fans here...ill add some cool content soon

there are a few disney imaginears that are huge rocketeer fans which explains the rocketeer goodies around the park

the jacket is a replica.....you can tell by the buttons and the color of the jacket...especially since the jacket next to it is the same material...

the mail box is pretty cool....i must had missed it.....technically....it should had been A. Peabody for Ambrose Peabody....maybe they meant Peevy Peabody

a few other goodies in california adventure.....once you enter the park...they are in the stores and cafe to the right side....

Bigelow Air Circus
get-attachment-6aspx.jpg

South Seas Club
Screenshot2013-01-03at31919AM.png

Do you have pics of your collection? We'd love to see them if you do. :D

guess there is a 10 picture limit on each post....i tried uploading the majority of my collection on one post but i guess 57 pictures is way too much haha

I'll just post 10 for now....and post ten later on today....

my collection consist of production props, screenused props, replicas and a ton of memorabilia

a little preview for now: Pictures of my old room....

5a81000b.jpg

41979ec3.jpg

8a088f4b.jpg

a922a291.jpg

6cb46ce4.jpg

Cirrus X-3 Acme pack

da8ba6ee.jpg

Faux Bowen, Electric Tiki statue, Bronze bust limited to 200, and The Real Bronze Bowen Statue limited to 50

IMG_3324-1.jpg

Prototype/marketing Master Replicas Helmet (aka the same one used in their misleading marketing ads) and the MR Prototype Rocketeer Statue that never went into production

3b4d9f37.jpg
IMG_3607.jpg

Great collection ER!

I was looking at the cobra figure that kato did the outfit for, the jacket sure looks similar to the rocketeer jacket. It would be awesome if he did a set of rocketeer outfits to upgrade our medicom figures. A guy can dream right?

thanks for the compliments....

i need to check it out....im not sure if i had seen the cobra jacket....does anyone know if the captain action rocketeer outfit is similar to the medicom 2.0? maybe that can be used as an upgrade....

some more pictures:

Screen-used/Production Props:

Design Setters Production Helmets. These came from the original mold. Painted with the same paint as the screen-used helmets. Everything is original. These were made during the same time as the Hero helmets.The helmet to the left is the raw casting from the original mold and helmet to the right is a fully finished helmet. They came from a design setters crew member. The lenses are kept in a box for safe keeping.

3d49e2f8.jpg

Production-Used Lower Harness Buckle. I got this buckle directly from a Crew member that worked on the film.

0a5b1ad5.jpg

Two Screen-used Parachute Rocketpacks from the air circus scene!

b9d0d44b.jpg

Lothar Production head by Rick Baker :)

5812a911-1.jpg

Production Lucky Lindy Maquette
28e66b54-1.jpg

Production Model Bulldog Café with pieces from the MGM Bulldog Café. Also, a HERO-Screen-used Bulldog Café Menu.

687b51d9.jpg

The Conquests of Casanova Screenused book- This book was used by Timothy Dalton and Jennifer Connelly. The book was the switch that opens the hidden room in Neville Sinclair's layer....

a5258f65.jpg

Two Movie Prop Paintings. These paintings were used in Neville Sinclair's Layer..The painting on the left is the painting used in the radio room scene where Jenny discovers neville is a nazi. The painting on the right is seen in the background where eddie valentine is threaten by neville with his sword aka the scene where neville reveals the package is a rocket to eddie valentine and his two mobsters...The painting covers my whole wall. It is about 10 feet wide...

IMG_3588-1.jpg
IMG_3589-1-1.jpg

Back