The Official Batman Movies Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BANE is awesome , could really work well in the new movies.
He should play a bigger part in the next movie though and I wouldn't like him to be as dopey and obeyant as he was. He was like a damn slave to that +++++ ! :lol

A common misconception. He is after all the man who broke the Bat ;)

No, that is what I am saying he would have to be to be in the Nolan Batman films. The whole Venom thing just wouldn't work. Bane is no doubt impressive for breaking Batman's back, but the guy is an idiot when it comes to his strength AND weakness. Just cut the hose that is clearly visable on his arm and head, and BAM, he is helpless. He really should have thought that through better.

And Yes, Two-Face is confirmed to be in the Dark Knight (a few glimpses of Mattel's figure of him have been on the net since Toy Fair, although none of them have a good shot of his face). From what we know, he just seems to be geared toward perhaps a minor plot point toward the end and mainly saved to be the main villian of Batman 3. I don't think Nolan is stupid enough to kill him off like Venom was. Plus with Heath dead, the Joker is technically all but killed off now unless they can get someone amazing to recast him.

If they could tweak the Knightfall story, I think a modern, realistic Bane could be posible. Might not even need those hoses.

Which would just make him a really buff guy on steroids ;)

Yes, but an intelligent, cunning buff guy on "special" steroids. That's more than enough. Again, tweak Knightfall and you'd get a perfect Bane story.

For everyone who hasn't read Knightfall and still think Bane is nothing more than some big idiot, well, read it.

The only problem is most audiences will think:

Buff guy = an idiot

Smart Buff guy = who is he working for?

I just think people would buy that he is anything but a dumb musclehead even if he IS portrayed as smart. They would just think he is still working for a "boss" and only appears smart because he is "in" on the plan.

Plus unless he is unmasked, he will just end up looking like a Mexican wrestler, which just wouldn't work in Nolan's Batverse. Batman vs Nacho Libre just shouldn't happen. So I think Bane is definately out of consideration at this point.

Top contenders to co-star with Two-Face in Batman 3 are:
-The Riddler
-Catwoman

-Black Mask (just a personal guess that I think could work, but he is lesser known)

I would add the Penguin, but Nolan himself already shot him down.

Talia Al Guhl (wasn't introduced with Ra's so it would seem too unrealistic in the Nolan setting for her to just show up)

QUOTE]

the animated series was the best depiction of batman, but anyways, did ra's mentioned that he had a wife and family? or was it just wife? I forgot.

Talia Al Guhl (wasn't introduced with Ra's so it would seem too unrealistic in the Nolan setting for her to just show up)

the animated series was the best depiction of batman, but anyways, did ra's mentioned that he had a wife and family? or was it just wife? I forgot.

I don't think they mentioned ANY relatives in the film. They hinted at his immortality through "cheap parlor tricks," but nothing about Talia was even hinted at. I too think that Animated series has been the best thing Batman for a long time.

I must admit most of my Batman knowledge is from that show. I can't honestly say I've really read many Batman comics. I've read the Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke, but not many others. But I must say, I like my Batman DARK. I always have loved the silhouette look with the white eyes. I also like when Batman will do just about anything but kill to get what he needs. So both Dark in apperance and in character.

If Nolan and crew could hint in the future Batman 3 trailer that Batman's back is broken sometime in the movie, that's more than enough of a draw for most audiences, and I'm being as general as possible here. (Don't think I'm spoiling Batman:Knightfall, because it's pretty much displayed on the cover of the books).

And what better than for Nolan to re-invent Bane and to change how "most audiences" thought of the character? Although it will take some work, Shumacher almost ruined the character.

I really don't want to see another Riddler interpretation. In this day and age, after seeing the past live-action Riddlers, the thought of a sinister version would come off as Joker-light.

Catwoman is welcome any day of the week.

If Nolan and crew could hint in the future Batman 3 trailer that Batman's back is broken sometime in the movie, that's more than enough of a draw for most audiences, and I'm being as general as possible here. (Don't think I'm spoiling Batman:Knightfall, because it's pretty much displayed on the cover of the books).

And what better than for Nolan to re-invent Bane and to change how "most audiences" thought of the character? Although it will take some work, Shumacher almost ruined the character.

I really don't want to see another Riddler interpretation. In this day and age, after seeing the past live-action Riddlers, the thought of a sinister version would come off as Joker-light.

Catwoman is welcome any day of the week.

I think Nolan could definately change Bane into a believable character, but I just don't think he would want to spend that much time and piss off fanboys at the same time for changing the character too much. But I must admit the "Batman's back is broken" line would definatley spark interest in just about any casual observer. And no, you aren't spoiling anything there. If anybody really cared enough about that story to be spoiler-free, they should have read it by now. I say one year limit on Spoilers, but that is just a personal opinon. You do know Darth Vader is Luke's father right? ;)

I think you are right about the Riddler. He and the Joker are actually quite similar. Just replace Riddles with Jokes only funny to the Joker.

To be honest. I've never been a Catwoman fan. Plus Nolan would have to work even harder on her than Bane for audiences to accept her again after what Berry did.

I think Nolan could definately change Bane into a believable character, but I just don't think he would want to spend that much time and piss off fanboys at the same time for changing the character too much. But I must admit the "Batman's back is broken" line would definatley spark interest in just about any casual observer. And no, you aren't spoiling anything there. If anybody really cared enough about that story to be spoiler-free, they should have read it by now. I say one year limit on Spoilers, but that is just a personal opinon. You do know Darth Vader is Luke's father right? ;)

I think you are right about the Riddler. He and the Joker are actually quite similar. Just replace Riddles with Jokes only funny to the Joker.

To be honest. I've never been a Catwoman fan. Plus Nolan would have to work even harder on her than Bane for audiences to accept her again after what Berry did.

remeber at the training in the mountains

and after bruce fell into the cold water

ra's mentions how he wasn't always here in the mountains?
something "once I had a great love"

?!??!?!?

remeber at the training in the mountains

and after bruce fell into the cold water

ra's mentions how he wasn't always here in the mountains?
something "once I had a great love"

?!??!?!?

Hmmm.. it has been a while since I last saw Batman Begins and I didn't pay very good attention to the dialouge in that scene, so you are probably right. But in that case if they did introduce Talia, she would end up his wife or ex-girlfriend or something like that. Remember how differing even the slightest bit gets fanboys angry. Just look at the inital reactions to the Joker just wearing make-up.

Vader is Luke's father?! no. nooo. noooooooooooo! :D

I thought the choice of villains in BB was refreshing. Not many people outside of the Batman fandom would recognize characters like Ra's Al Ghul, Mr. Zsasz, or Falcone (I think most people know Scare Crow). I'm actually hoping for Batman 3 to introduce (or re-introduce) little known bad guys.

But I'm starting to think Two-Face will be the prominent antagonist of B3, which makes sense on many levels. A) He's a character many fans love, B) He'll definitely attract an audience (well, those who haven't been scared off by Tommy Lee Jones), which in turn will lead to great box-office earnings.

At this point in time, I just hope TDK won't disappoint.

I had to think for a minute who you meant by "Berry"... I had totally forgotten about that piece of crap movie. I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

I'm a big fan of Catwoman. Nolan could do a great job with her. I just don't see her being able to carry off being the main villain.

And I think Black Mask would be great to bring to the big screen.

Hmmm.. it has been a while since I last saw Batman Begins and I didn't pay very good attention to the dialouge in that scene, so you are probably right. But in that case if they did introduce Talia, she would end up his wife or ex-girlfriend or something like that. Remember how differing even the slightest bit gets fanboys angry. Just look at the inital reactions to the Joker just wearing make-up.

Not really Talia could be their love child.

Also, I don't think they'd have to work hard to make Catwoman right.

Yes, but an intelligent, cunning buff guy on "special" steroids. That's more than enough. Again, tweak Knightfall and you'd get a perfect Bane story.

For everyone who hasn't read Knightfall and still think Bane is nothing more than some big idiot, well, read it.

Exactly. He was off the venom for a long time, and still made for a formidable opponent. He was very strong before it, and when he volunteered to be experimented on with it, it was just a way to get off the prison island he was born and raised on.

Vengeance of Bane shows what a tough s.o.b he is, and why for me he's one of Batmans best Rogues.

In a Batman movie, I don't know if I'd even bother to include the Venom gimmick. Maybe make it that he's introducing it into the country, as a top drug lord or something. But I would rather showcase him as a paradox to what someone like Batman would be like if he weren't a good person, and grew up with the same drive and determination but in a hellhole surrounded by criminals. I think that would make for an interesting movie.

As for audiences and buying the dumb musclehead guy as a lead villain...I gotta say buttmunch your feeling on that sounds a little old. Reminds me of when back in the late 70's everyone told Arnold he would never be a star, because of pretty much the same reason. Write a good story, and they'll buy that just as much as they bought a guy that dresses like a bat to fight crime :D

Why did Batman Begins & The Dark Knight get a gurnsey??? Begins was better than Possible 2 & 3-4... Generally regarded as the best Bat-Film to date.

Batman returns is much better than begins (script, direction, acting, art deco), clearly the best batman movie. Also 89 batman is way better than begins. Batman begins is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated.

Keaton beats Bale anytime.

Last edited:
hell no:emperor

Begins has a terrible script by a terrible writer Groyer. Groyer can only write trash. A guy that dresses up like a bat belongs to goth culture (Burton) not to bladrunner sets (Nolan). Bale has muscles but he doesn't have the stare and the voice. Bale's batsuit looked like it came from the powerangers. Plus he is just a spoiled yuppie who dresses up. Keaton batman clearly has psychological problems and can't decide who or what he is, batman or bruce wayne, a near schizo. A very interesting character and much much more hardboiled.

hell no:emperor

I agree with you , I think Bale destroys Keaton.
He brought Batman back to life. If Burton would of done this one I don't think it would of been as big as it was. To be honest I'm not a burton fan but I am grateful Batman and Joker wern't singing all the way through the movie :lol:lol

Back