The next Rob Zombie remake is... The Blob!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously,
somebody should tell this hack to stick to music... ughh!!

Check this out:

Rob Zombie, whose Halloween II opens today, will write, direct and produce a remake of the 1958 horror classic The Blob, which starred Steve McQueen.

In the original, an object from space crashes into a field, containing a red blob-like substance that absorbs the humans it contacts and grows exponentially.

"My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing -- that's the first thing I want to change," Zombie told the trade. "That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

Zombie will produce with Genre Co.'s Richard Saperstein and Brian Witten; original "Blob" producer Jack H. Harris; and Judith Parker Harris of Worldwide Entertainment Corp. and Andy Gould.

They are developing the project as an R-rated film that will cost around $30 million to make.

Production will begin next spring.

SiskoAnimated.gif

the blob will now be a walt hudson sized redneck who fell into a toxic lake and rapes men and woman with its blob appendages...and it has many appendages. the only way to kill it is to swallow it whole and then hack yourself to death with a halved can of pabst blue ribbon.

"My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing -- that's the first thing I want to change," Zombie told the trade. "That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

If the movie isnt relavant to todays audience and you cant really make it frightning without changing the concept entirely then I dont see why its worths it

Yeah i was just guna post regarding this. we already knw the cast list, so aint no point in spreading rumours on whos in it and who aint, his same old cast will be in it. i like sid haig etc but man does it get boring seeing the same ppl in his films, i feel like im watching another adam sandler flick,lol. and yeha we all knw his good old wife will be a main character, she'd no way get any acting roles if she wasnt married to him lol. she sucks, and so does her acting lol.lol

Expect it to star:
WWSS_SheriMoon3.jpg

And the other thing, if you're going to pimp and whore out your own wife in all of your trashy R-Rated movies... at least make her get naked.

Nepotism + Lack of Talent + Prudishness? GTFO.

won't see it in the theater, but I look forward to seeing what comes of it ... :monkey1

I heard somewhere that in robs remake the blob is an ill looking kid who has a fasination with turning things in to a blobs. The first half of the the film is about the blob as kid and ends with him turning a bully into a blob. In the second half he's grown up and he straps chainsaws and knives to his body and runs at prostitutes and ill looking men with beards, creating unatural levels of blood. But then the blobs dead mum (played by Robs wife) starts appearring in the blobs dreams, but then the blob accidently flips a car on himself and ends up riding a white horse into a bright light.

At least thats what i heard somewhere :monkey1

Last edited:
since its going to be a trilogy, i think all the versions are going to be done.

I can see the origin of the "blob" now. Zombie is going to zoom the camera on Sheri's ass and this thing that looks like a turd will come out and it will eat her and become The Blob!!!

Let me take a wild guess.

Some redneck is 600 pounds and people made fun of him his whole life.

Now he goes around brutally murdering people by suffocating them with his fat.

I've got a movie. This washed up musician, hack director goes around ruining classics and being made fun of until he snaps and brutally murders people...

Back