The Next Indiana Jones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should be the next Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
Hardy can do comedy. He can play the hard man and inthinknits be believable as e really puts a lot of effort into his roles. I think rather than a replacement he would make an interesting alternative.

Dr. Jones should just be left alone.

If anything, bring back Raiders, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade to theaters for a new generation of movie goers.

Tom Selleck was going to be the original Indiana Jones, so someone like that with his personality could be a good choice. He got the part for a reason, so I'm not sure if there's someone like Tom Selleck now, but it could be interesting.

My bet if hollymorningwood makes a new Indy they'll put Hugh Jackman in, fit, intelligent, can do extreme rage, just put stubble and the fedora I'm sure Disney would go for it. :lol

I'm British and even I agree no Europeans for Indy. I'd go Pratt for Indy, Cooper for Drake without a doubt. Although if Pratt was unavailable/unwilling for Indy, possibly Chris Pine........

I voted Ford, of course, but I think it's a weird poll. If you leave Ford in the list, he's sure to come first.

And how fickle is the audience! Just because Pratt is in a blockbuster at the moment, he gets to come in second... Weird...

That's not the logical solution. Especially if you've just spent hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the rights to a blockbuster film franchise. Investments are supposed to create a return. They're in the business of selling entertainment ... not being unpaid protectors of your childhood memories. Re-releasing 30-year old movies that most everybody already owns won't make much money.

Sitting on a property like this wouldn't be logical at all. Somebody'd get fired.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I voted Ford, of course, but I think it's a weird poll. If you leave Ford in the list, he's sure to come first.

And how fickle is the audience! Just because Pratt is in a blockbuster at the moment, he gets to come in second... Weird...

Agree. Just because Pratt suit the role of Star Lord so well doesn't mean he can do Indy. Indy isn't a comedian. He's serious as all hell with some moments of levity, not the kind of hero who's cracking one liners left and right. That's a big part of what I didn't like about Last Crusade. They strayed way too far into light comedy action. Raiders is dead serious with some small sprinklings of humor and I love it for that and resent the sequels that pulled it so far away from that.

Sure - but if their sole aim is to milk & provide token tribute as a byproduct, then that's not worth having something to say about it?

Say what? They should sit on their hundred-million dollar property and not 'milk' it for more money? Please. There isn't a person here that'd voluntarily not-profit from something that valuable to preserve the 'integrity' of a 30-year-old movie series.

There sole aim is to make movies that people will pay to see. People will pay to see Indiana Jones. So, that's what they'll make.

No guts, no glory. Can't make money without making movies.

SnakeDoc

Disney shouldn't make more Indiana Jones movies because they will erase your childhood memories!! Also, once the reboot comes out, Disney will burn all the copies of the originals so that no one can watch them again, therefore erasing history along with your childhood!!

Remember when the Robocop reboot came out this year and it ruined the original film and how the 1987 film has a different ending now because of the new movie? How the studio burned all the copies of the original Robocop movies and how there is no more merchandise of the 1987 Robocop available? We have to stop this madness!! Remember Dawn of the Planet of the Apes...oh wait...that's a GOOD reboot, so that's OK to get a new version.

Back