The New Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the modified version much better. The collar still bothers me though, it needs to be lower like on the Reeve suit.

There is something odd about that picture... look at the color of the cape between his legs; it is a brighter red. I've looked at the large image carefully, and it doesn't appear that it is just the inside of the cape that is the brighter red, only that area between his legs! Could it be that the color is off in the image? Maybe it will look more like Hulkfan's version when we see more pics! Anybody else see what I'm seeing? :dunno

Actually, it looks like they've just spray painted the guys body blue. There's a SUIT??? :x 8o

-----------------------------------------------------------
There, doesn't this look better??!!
supescostume9tj.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey Hulkfan!! You fixed Superman....now can you work on Brent???

The new suit looks like poo. You made it look better Andy, but it still doesn't look as good as the comic style suit Reeve wore. While it's certainly gone through changes over the years, cape length, size of the shield, etc., it's remained very, very similar for more than fifty years to the suit in those earlier Superman movies, and that isn't an accident. The suit looks right and fits the character.
In my opinion the 3D chest plaque is very gimmicky and innappropriate to the character. Remind anyone else of the android character in that episode of "Lost in Space"? At least it isn't attached to a neck chain.
Superman wears trunks, not panties.
The dark colors of the costume are rediculous and out of character. This isn't the "Dark Knight" you Warner Bros. design schmoes, it's "The Man of Tomorrow", and the colors should be bright and optimistic, like the man himself.
The person who said this looks like one of those costumes from a cheezy 70's made for TV movie got it just about right. I guess there trying to "Spiderman" it. Add 3D effects to the costume and "update" it. Well, it worked a lot better for Spidey than it appears to be working for Superman.
Why do they do this stuff?

Like Frozone would say:

Where is my super suit?

WHERE_IS_MY_SUPER_SUIT?!?

I NEED IT!

TELL ME WHERE THAT SUIT IS!!!

pb.jpg

Eurgh.. too corny looking.

Now he's gotta make up for the tacky suit with some acting ability!

:thud

I was hoping that with new times there would be a new suit. I never was a huge fan of superman and the suit is just rubbish. So why didnt they just make a new modern suit, like they gave Jennifer Garner a new Electra suit? This just looks utter utter crap! Either stick with the old or make up something brand new. Dont try to fiddle the old suit and then screw it up.

Althought the new red picture is better, I agree with all by saying "what were they thinking"?

Superman is an icon that you cannot mess with.
Everyone knows what he is supposed to look like.

Time to go back to the drawing board on this one.

I was thinking, the material is supposed to be Kryptonian - maybe it's like the white Kryptonian suits in the original film - it needs movie lights on it and then it sort of glows?

I know - I'm grasping at straws....:rolleyes

Back