The new Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are racist

No, this is racist:

Debuting in Green Lantern Issue #0 in September:

GL_Cv0_PREVIEWS_final2_0.jpg

He's packing heat and he has a boss arabic tattoo. Because that's, like, totally baller and ____. He's eXtreme!!!

White author. Black character with guns, tats, fingerless gloves...probably has a grill when he smiles. Sigh.

Seriously this is the ____ that happens when comicbook companies rely on the same tiny pool of authors for decades.

A woman at Emerald City Comic Con pointed out how absurdly few female writers there are at DC or Marvel. The DC response: women writers do not submit enough work. The Truth: DC has a policy against open submission.

Why the ____ would a Green Lantern ever need to carry a gun? Seriously I wonder what the ____ is going on over at DC lately, they are jumping into "Zero Hour" again and I'm sure the next Crisis is on the horizon.

I love how there has been a need for a teenage GL for decades not to mention a Earth woman and instead they're going to go with something mindnumbingly stupid

Why the ____ would a Green Lantern ever need to carry a gun? Seriously I wonder what the ____ is going on over at DC lately.

Simple. Just look at the masthead (who is in charge and making the big decisions) and the problem is painfully visible:

Dan DiDio
Jim Lee
Geoff Johns
Bob Harras

Basically, these guys are a confederacy of dunces. Let's do a head count:

Former (and current) hack writer and all-around meat head. Check.

Overrated artist who epitomizes style over substance and is stuck in the 90s. Check.

Overrated writer who's style is a knack for writing to the lowest-common demonitator. Check.

A Senior Editor who was partially responsible for the worst era in comics (the early 90s) that nearly destroyed the industry for good and who is the main reason utter hacks like Rob Liefeld still see lots of work. Check.

Yeah, good times.

Also, it's no surprise that it took this feckless group to fondle the WATCHMEN sacred cow. This is what happens when you have a dearth of ideas, leadership or strong ethical values.

We're lucky it's not even worse than it is.

No, this is racist:

White author. Black character with guns, tats, fingerless gloves...probably has a grill when he smiles. Sigh.

Seriously this is the ____ that happens when comicbook companies rely on the same tiny pool of authors for decades.

A woman at Emerald City Comic Con pointed out how absurdly few female writers there are at DC or Marvel. The DC response: women writers do not submit enough work. The Truth: DC has a policy against open submission.

I COMPLETELY agree, the comic book authors these days are so out of touch with everything. When they think diversity, they think just writing about a stereotype or something. Makes me want to burn all of their books.

Back