The new Dr. Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
"Girl in the Fireplace" was written, of course, by Steven Moffat of Coupling fame who also wrote two of my favorites from season one: "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances."

Oh, and "Doctor Who and the Curse of the Fatal Death" parody.

Empty Child and Doctor Dances were indeed two great episodes from season one. hope he writes more episodes.

congerking said:
Empty Child and Doctor Dances were indeed two great episodes from season one. hope he writes more episodes.

I read that he hopes to write one per season.

I just started watching Dr. Who and "The Girl in the Fireplace" was really good, yet really sad.

Sideshow Q said:
I just started watching Dr. Who and "The Girl in the Fireplace" was really good, yet really sad.

One of my favorite episodes of the season/series. Not only was Sophia Myles VERY yummy, but it had a great story. Just wait for the rest, it's amazing.

Sideshow Q said:

Yeah, it reminds me of that Harlan Elison Star Trek: THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER.

I love this whole season, and it only gets better from here. Ah Mickey...

"No, your not keep the horse!"
"I let you keep Mickey."

LOVE IT! This was just a brilliant episode made even better the second and third time round. And Tennant is dating the actress that played Madam de Pompadour... lucky so and so.

"Who in the hell are you?"
"I'm the Doctor... and I just snogged Madam de Pompadour! " :rotfl

Good news if they're showing them in the same order Rise Of The Cyberman is episode 5 so it should be next week. In the UK the end of each episode has a little trailer for next week's show, don't you get the same thing at the end of each episode in the US?

Nope, the trailers are cut. Which I miss dearly and it's an off cut at that because the music just doesn't sync right. Also we have no notice to go over to another channel for Doctor Who Confidential either. HA. :lol

Memnoch21 said:
Nope, the trailers are cut. Which I miss dearly and it's an off cut at that because the music just doesn't sync right. Also we have no notice to go over to another channel for Doctor Who Confidential either. HA. :lol

the copy that I a while ago has the trailers, but mine probably came from UK.

I feel sorry for you guys, the trailers are the best part of the show, gets you all excited for what's coming up next week. I remember after World War Three in season one, they did the trailer for Dalek, it was well exciting loads of running around corridors and the Doctor screaming "why don't you just die!" You didn't see the actual Dalek until the end of the trailer, I'm sure the trailer will be on YouTube though and if I can find it I'll post it so you guys in the states can enjoy it.

In fact if nobody objects and I can find the trailers for further episodes of season two I'll post links to them as well:D.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I feel sorry for you guys, the trailers are the best part of the show, gets you all excited for what's coming up next week. I remember after World War Three in season one, they did the trailer for Dalek, it was well exciting loads of running around corridors and the Doctor screaming "why don't you just die!" You didn't see the actual Dalek until the end of the trailer, I'm sure the trailer will be on YouTube though and if I can find it I'll post it so you guys in the states can enjoy it.

In fact if nobody objects and I can find the trailers for further episodes of season two I'll post links to them as well:D.

dunno..i sometimes hated them as they showed for too much of the next episode

yeah, I always changed channel before i saw those trailers as I always picked up SOMETHING about the next episode, which wouldn't mean anything... until i was actually watching the next one then I'd go "ohhhh, thats why i saw xxxxx"

the gf always wanted to watch them though, lol

Ah I love em, spoilers or no. Damn near started cryin during the trailer for Army of Ghosts they showed at the end of Fear Her.

About the trailers, I always shut it off before they came on. Here in the states we have a show called Battlestar Galactica (great, great show) and they edit trailers for the upcoming episode INTO that show's opening credits. I always avert my eyes during that part of the credits.

yeah we get that too, exactly the same...... with that though... the chop it together edited really quickly... and its so fast that you almost cant see anything... they dont show any full scenes. But with other teasers i find they actually give things away many times.

those battlestar ones.. it's just like 3 seconds of super excitment... without actually seeing anything, but yeah... always the chance i guess.

Back