1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, definitely those "rocket scientists" are missing something.

Once again confirmed why I don't watch that SS Youtube channel.....

Yeah, the actual discussions and setups are pretty boring, but the detailed look at the fig was really nice. Damn, there's just too many posing options. Even the half-a@@ pose he did at the end with the rifle looked awesome. Can't wait to get this guy :)

I can't believe they wank-on for nearly an hour... :slap

I cut it off way before that.

I think what needs to happen is, set the figure upright and then assemble the base. THEN you can go through all the twickety little parts, such as going on about the Amban rifle for what felt like ten minutes. CAN WE SEE THE FIGURE in 360 degrees? Cool. Then futz around with his accessories.

Sounds like SS Marketing/videos dept. has some work to do! I didn't watch the live stream personally, so I just skipped all the yapping to get to the good bits. But yeah, they could definitely structure their reviews a lot better.
Anyone watching Man of Hot Collectibles? His stuff is really well shot. He does Posing vids as well. I like it. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzs2Km_0F8l0nik1sz8m0A

382bc41e55ccc2438f8b828a69cdf0a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don?t get how the figure has baggy pants but the leg articulation is still minimal

Didn?t HT watch the show on how he was always running , jumping , crouching etc, in extreme movement for a man in armor in the first two episodes ( or at least in this version of the armor ) :dunno

There is a very obvious answer actually. Fatsuit. They keep using that stupid fatsuits instead of making proper bodies for characters.

There is a very obvious answer actually. Fatsuit. They keep using that stupid fatsuits instead of making proper bodies for characters.

It's cause a new body requires expensive injection moulding tooling for tens of thousands of dollars. A fat suit is made for a fraction of that.

Plus an inner suit allows better representation of someones actual body, also fine tuning etc.

It's cause a new body requires expensive injection moulding tooling for tens of thousands of dollars. A fat suit is made for a fraction of that.

Plus an inner suit allows better representation of someones actual body, also fine tuning etc.

Cant say i agree. They charge at least $240 for a figure. I'm sure they can make 15-20 different body types that cover every human character's proportions. They made an awesome Neo figure and it doesnt have a fatsuit. Thanks to that articulation is also great.

Mandalorian figure is an awesome figure too but it looks a little bit fat. Also articulation is not so great. All because of fatsuit.

Cant say i agree. They charge at least $240 for a figure. I'm sure they can make 15-20 different body types that cover every human character's proportions.

As Hoody999 wrote, bodies cost a lot to produce.

Case in point, Nanjin Tam's Polaris body:

nanjin said:
I spent 30k+ on the body.

Multiply that by 15-20, plus it's a lot of moulds to store and look after until you require them for a specific figure.

As Hoody999 also wrote, fat suits can give a better representation of a body. They can eliminate unsightly joint lines that might otherwise show through clothing.

There are characters that they know they will likely be making for a long time. Those characters should get unique body molds. Like Captain America. They’ve made a bunch of those over the past decade.

As Hoody999 wrote, bodies cost a lot to produce.

Case in point, Nanjin Tam's Polaris body:

Multiply that by 15-20, plus it's a lot of moulds to store and look after until you require them for a specific figure.

As Hoody999 also wrote, fat suits can give a better representation of a body. They can eliminate unsightly joint lines that might otherwise show through clothing.

Those amounts you've mentioned is nothing for a company like Hot Toys. Plus you can hide the elbows and knees easily with cloth. Fatsuit is just killing the movement.

Some Mezco One:12's have great articulation. Do you think Mezco's bodies better than Hot Toys? No they are definetely not. But they dont have fatsuit under cloth.

Those amounts you've mentioned is nothing for a company like Hot Toys. Plus you can hide the elbows and knees easily with cloth. Fatsuit is just killing the movement.

Some Mezco One:12's have great articulation. Do you think Mezco's bodies better than Hot Toys? No they are definetely not. But they dont have fatsuit under cloth.

Haha fatsuit is killing the movement. I have a feeling you're in the minority mate.

There are characters that they know they will likely be making for a long time. Those characters should get unique body molds. Like Captain America. They?ve made a bunch of those over the past decade.

Agreeing that HT MORE than has the financial ability to have as many body types as they want to mold. They can start with more female bodies.

This place is charging up to $300/figure. They don't get to credibly claim poverty.

Agreeing that HT MORE than has the financial ability to have as many body types as they want to mold. They can start with more female bodies.

This place is charging up to $300/figure. They don't get to credibly claim poverty.

Hot Toys aren't charging those prices though, retailers are for profit. Aren't the prices significantly cheaper direct from Secret Base?

Hot Toys aren't charging those prices though, retailers are for profit. Aren't the prices significantly cheaper direct from Secret Base?

This does not change the fact that HT is a HUGE company, selling tens of thousands of figures every year and those figures start out at a minimum of about $240 and go up from there. They more than have the wherewithall to have anything molded they want. They just sorta seem to not feel like doing that.

This does not change the fact that HT is a HUGE company, selling tens of thousands of figures every year and those figures start out at a minimum of about $240 and go up from there. They more than have the wherewithall to have anything molded they want. They just sorta seem to not feel like doing that.

Any huge company also has huge costs and overheads. Business cases for each figure are calculated separately. So allowing for a new mould for almost every figure obviously doesn't make business sense otherwise they would have done it already.

Back