1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don?t think so, given HT?s track record. I?d love to be dead wrong about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m not saying in the year to come (would be great!) but possibly down the road as they did with Krennic who I never gave up on.
I?ll just keep my faith that they will :pray:
In the meantime send emails and plan out custom versions as others have mentioned before :D

Yeah, I doubt we'll get the whole main cast of the show. I'd pick up Cara, Gideon and the Armourer happily.

Also off-topic but why does this site insist on turning apostrophes into question marks?

Yeah, I doubt we'll get the whole main cast of the show. I'd pick up Cara, Gideon and the Armourer happily.

Also off-topic but why does this site insist on turning apostrophes into question marks?

I think it's the Tapatalk app on iPhones. I know it does that to my posts when I post from there. I've started posting photos from my phone and then editing the post on my laptop to avoid it. It's a pain.

I'm not happy about the lack of OT stuff left on the horizon but there has been some great looking SW figures recently. Between V1 Mando, Krennic, Mudtrooper, Wicket, and even Kenner Fett there has been some killer releases over the past 3 months. Too bad I'm not nearly as excited for 2021.

Honestly I think Kuiil has a good chance of happening. In if we take the Bluurg out of the equation, he's effectively a head, hand, and foot sculpt from a tooling standpoint, and they get to reuse the Jawa/Yoda/Ewok parts to capitalize on those tooling investments.

What they need to do is put him in a two pack with the upgraded pram he builds, another Child, and some new Child expressions. Maybe put the frog into the set too. There's your set in a nutshell imo. And it uses a good amount of existing manufacturing costs so it's an appealing item in and of itself.

Honestly I think Kuiil has a good chance of happening. In if we take the Bluurg out of the equation, he's effectively a head, hand, and foot sculpt from a tooling standpoint, and they get to reuse the Jawa/Yoda/Ewok parts to capitalize on those tooling investments.

What they need to do is put him in a two pack with the upgraded pram he builds, another Child, and some new Child expressions. Maybe put the frog into the set too. There's your set in a nutshell imo. And it uses a good amount of existing manufacturing costs so it's an appealing item in and of itself.

I actually fully expect a $350 Bluurg Deluxe version of Kuiil. In general the Hot Toys Mandalorian line has been super easy for them. Reusing Stormtrooper and Death Trooper bodies and then everyone else has no headsculpts.

We discussed this a while back on the podcast I co-host sometimes (quickplug for Dorklair podcast/youtube/instagram); but it's a little funny that so far Hot Toys has the deepest Mandalorian toy line yet out of all the companies including Hasbro's lines. I really hope they keep it up. Now that they've got some time on their hands without movies, I hope they're working on Cara, Moff, Kuiil, and Greef!

I actually fully expect a $350 Bluurg Deluxe version of Kuiil. In general the Hot Toys Mandalorian line has been super easy for them. Reusing Stormtrooper and Death Trooper bodies and then everyone else has no headsculpts.

We discussed this a while back on the podcast I co-host sometimes (quickplug for Dorklair podcast/youtube/instagram); but it's a little funny that so far Hot Toys has the deepest Mandalorian toy line yet out of all the companies including Hasbro's lines. I really hope they keep it up. Now that they've got some time on their hands without movies, I hope they're working on Cara, Moff, Kuiil, and Greef!

I appreciate your expectations. I wouldn't be against it by any stretch. I wonder if they could do it as a rotocast item; bring the cost and weight down in the process. It's not like the bluurg has to do karate. Heck it might as well be a static piece all things considered.

I'll have to check your podcast out when time permits! Thanks for sharing!

I agree there but he does give a good in-depth look at the figures he reviews. The peg on the rifle strap breaking off inside the slot is an issue I haven't seen yet until this video.
I think if my hole is too tight I'll loosen it up a little before sliding the peg in all the way. I'll start with just the tip to get a feel for it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Kind of disappointing the arm articulation is not double jointed and despite the baggy pants..his legs are still limited in articulation :lecture

The other video I watched the dude slipped it right in with ease but he didn't pull out at the end.

It seems like a haphazard system. I imagine a lot of the weight is relying on that teeny tiny little plastic peg to hold on. Also not keen on the pleather. Would rather they use plastic or actual lesther.

This figure looks phenomenal. I actually like it more than the look of the Beskar.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I appreciate your expectations. I wouldn't be against it by any stretch. I wonder if they could do it as a rotocast item; bring the cost and weight down in the process. It's not like the bluurg has to do karate. Heck it might as well be a static piece all things considered.

Yeah in reality the Blurrg is easier than say a Darth Maul Speeder Bike, and really not much different to the Gonk in some ways. Static upper body perhaps with some rotatable legs. I'd be fine with just a statue Blurrg to stand behind him, although a lot of people would probably complain at that.

The headsculpt is always the bottleneck. It's 50/50 to me if they started on him, and then may have stopped when they learnt his fate, or continued ??

But taking a step back he's not a big enough character to warrant a headsculpt and a big accessory. You've got to be Maul or Anakin to get that sort of treatment. However I'll be happily proved wrong though on that point.

Never even considered getting this over the beskar version but after it released, but this looks much more like it's ripped straight out of a TV screen than the beskar. Looks so realistic. Unfortunate that the accessories of the beskar are a no-brainer, probably not gonna go with this because of that.

Never even considered getting this over the beskar version but after it released, this looks much more like it's ripped straight out of a TV screen than the beskar. Looks so realistic. Unfortunate that the accessories of the beskar are a no-brainer, probably not gonna go with this because of that.

IronManConnoiseur has declared..."one figure per character" :lol

Back