1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I just watched the video and wow! I thought the show was decent but not good enough to get me to spend money on it, but just as a figure this is phenomenal. It has some presence. I may pick it up and hope I enjoy season 2 more. If I hate season 2, I just sell the figure. This is a great figure and May sell out quickly.

I think this one will end up being really sought after. I think a lot of people might have held off on this for the Beskar version and now that the Season 2 armour is very similar to Beskar v1, those don't seem as special in terms of uniqueness.

I just re-watched the Mando trailer as it popped up in my feed.

Just watching it took me back to that feeling last year when we were waiting for it, and the anticipation. It looked so cool. Would it suck ??

Just gets me even more excited for Season 2 !!

This is nice. I luv that I was blindsided more or less. Didn't think it would suck; more like some nice "filler" until MCU series and whatever Disney stuff I could now watch for "free".

Plus I'd idly read posts from SW collectors and smugly think at least I dodged THAT bullet $$$$$$$$$$$.:monkey3:lol

funkmando.jpg

At least I talked myself out of the ANOVOS helmet.:cool:

I think this one will end up being really sought after. I think a lot of people might have held off on this for the Beskar version and now that the Season 2 armour is very similar to Beskar v1, those don't seem as special in terms of uniqueness.

Agreed. My feelings on the show aside, I think this figure came out better than anyone could have ever imagined and might be a lot of people's figure of the year. It looks that good.

I'm in a FB group for female Star Wars fans. Recently someone got ALLLLLL upset about someone else who shall remain nameless, having the temerity to use artwork showing Oola from RotJ kneeling while offering a drink. I mean, she really got bent out of shape over this exploitation, as she called it.

Well, I said, in the movie she WAS a slave. Slavery is everywhere in SW, along with all the other stuff you mentioned above. Is this the hill you wanna die on? Because I have a funny feeling, serving drinks was the very-very least of the things expected of Twi'lek females. I mean, think about it. Despite interspecies differences, Jabba for one seemed very salacious toward anthropoid females. How would that even work?! And UGH. Trandoshans were notorious slavers. How did they treat the anthropoid women they held captive before they were put up on the slave vendue on Nal Hutta or wherever...? Yeah.... hmmm. Perhaps these are more important issues than serving drinks.

Some people have trouble differentiating fantasy from reality, though.

/end threadjack

As you say, this is the type of thing expected of a slave and unfortunately for her, that is what Oola was. This is sci-fi fiction for **** sakes. But this is the type of outrage I would expect in an all female Star Wars group, no offense intended. I don't personally have any problem with such a group, but imagine the outrage triggered by starting an "all men" Facebook group. I guess most pretty much already are by default :lol

Interesting that all the armour is attached by velcro, as though HT are allowing for customisation between figures, or potential upgrades.

It also allows for some repositioning of the thigh armour if you decide to tuck the trousers further into the boots to reduce the bagginess.

The velcro reveal sorta welcomes some interesting possibilities such as custom battle damaged armor parts post mudhorn poach:)lol) and some folks I imagine will go crazy EU Mandalorian. Or even just go full custom Beskar.

Agreed. My feelings on the show aside, I think this figure came out better than anyone could have ever imagined and might be a lot of people's figure of the year. It looks that good.

I placed my order this morning. I was trying not to get sucked in but it always happens!

Sideshow the last US retailer still taking preorders I believe. Wait for the MudtrooperX5-esque frenzy when this goes waitlist before shipping...leading right into the season 2 premiere

The velcro reveal sorta welcomes some interesting possibilities such as custom battle damaged armor parts post mudhorn poach:)lol) and some folks I imagine will go crazy EU Mandalorian. Or even just go full custom Beskar.

I wonder if it's due to Boba Fett, some times people got chest pieces that were misaligned and you can't move those. Vader uses lots of that micro velcro on his armor pieces too right?

Where is the cheapest place to get this in US or is SS the only way? I have kind of been out of the loop and notice they charge tax now.

Judging by the blogger shots and the MRC review you can tell HT put a lot of love and care into this figures design: Minimal hands - can hold tracking fob AND hold/load the blaster rifle ammo into the rifle!? Fabric and tailoring look great! Does need some extra weathering though. Awesome job HT :clap

********* why do I want everything lol. Honestly the biggest thing that's making me want him is all the little details and bullets or whatever that can be pulled out the belt and even his rifle scope. It looks like the rifle can open up too.

This is actually one time where the blogger pics really sold me on the figure.

Wow, judging from that review this might easily be the coolest looking SW figure HT has made yet.

Yeah Im really starting to lean that way myself. Here I thought this years best SW HT was Mudtrooper but no longer. This might not only hold figure of the year but of the entire SW line.

I think there's a pretty good chance this ends up getting the same treatment as recent SW releases; especially considering that this armor is already last season's fashion and they're soliciting the Beskar armor now.

********* why do I want everything lol. Honestly the biggest thing that's making me want him is all the little details and bullets or whatever that can be pulled out the belt and even his rifle scope. It looks like the rifle can open up too.

This is actually one time where the blogger pics really sold me on the figure.

I have ordered a second. It just looks so damn good. With a little added weathering it's near perfection.

As you say, this is the type of thing expected of a slave and unfortunately for her, that is what Oola was. This is sci-fi fiction for **** sakes. But this is the type of outrage I would expect in an all female Star Wars group, no offense intended. I don't personally have any problem with such a group, but imagine the outrage triggered by starting an "all men" Facebook group. I guess most pretty much already are by default :lol

Its really not an outrage-y kind of group, its more of a safe space away from male fans who, lets be honest, can be very judgey and gate-keepery especially with new fans. New fans should be encouraged, not shamed. There is nothing wrong with asking questions and seeking knowledge. Most SW groups are 98% male IMO. And thats fine, you just go in knowing what to expect.

But we did have this one chick just suddenly flip out about Oola and slavery. HELLO. THIS IS SW. Upset about that? What about Jabba throwing her to the rancor like a frat boy tossing an empty red Solo cup into the trash...? Much worse IMO. But then, Jabba was an equal-opportunity guy: he threw Luke right down there, too. :wink1:

dukefett: ********* why do I want everything lol.

I feel your pain.

Back