1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the figure today. Really is exceptional, still find the helmet to be a bit too small in person, especially from profile, but seems to work okay on lower shelves. [...]

Interesting. I know the Mandalorian's helmet is significantly smaller by design, for a more heroic look amongst other things, apparently...and I did notice when DR37 removed the padding from the upper body it brought the shoulders more in line with the size of the helmet, or so I thought, but you're one of the few who still think it's under-sized ...

Interesting. I know the Mandalorian's helmet is significantly smaller by design, for a more heroic look amongst other things, apparently...and I did notice when DR37 removed the padding from the upper body it brought the shoulders more in line with the size of the helmet, or so I thought, but you're one of the few who still think it's under-sized ...

I think that's the point, if he were a slightly smaller figure (shorter neck, narrow shoulders) then the proportions advantageously change and the helmet starts to work better. I think everyone who has taken out the fat suit commented that it helped with the appearance of the helmet.

But to me it still looks acceptable and it's probably one of those things like Han not looking like a dead ringer for Ford or old Ben or Farmboy Luke looking off where you can get used to it a bit (I have none of those figures on display :lol). Anyhow, I'm not feeling the need to rush and fix it at the moment, fun to enjoy it on its own merits and see if it bugs me longterm. All the mods so far have been improvements though, IMO.

Got the figure today. Really is exceptional, still find the helmet to be a bit too small in person, especially from profile, but seems to work okay on lower shelves.

I think they used a shorter body on the prototype, as the helmet, chest part, and belt seem closer together in the original pics. Might consider a body swap at some point but for now I'll just enjoy the figure, still looks great as is.

Obligatory pic.

View attachment 498052

That looks pretty awesome to me TonTon! The helmet might be a tiny bit small, but at least in pics it's barely noticeable. And it's always looked fairly small on the show as well, and like it must be a pretty tight fit on him.

IMG_20201023_163212.jpg
mando.jpg

Despite the low res, that first pic is good for comparison. From that similar angle the figure's helmet looks a bit pinched. Straight on that's not as apparent. Mandalorian helmets on figures always suffer from different angles though (from screen reference anyhow).

347bb9ad607be54054a3b9b686a71522.jpg

Been playing with mine for a few days now, really am tempted to get another one, but I want that haslab razor crest pretty badly too. Can't believe how well done this guy is, such a prescence in my toy room. It's weird cause I was a huge fett fan, and the Bobas HTs did were instant buys for me, but when I got them I felt kind of meh with them, like the wookie braids sucked, the heads seemed too big, especially next to jedi luke, and the way the armor all sat over their true types jsut didn't look like what we see on film. This guy though is so good, the armor can easily be adjusted, the head looks amazing, the paint deco is so nice, everything just feels so much better, makes me want to collect hot toys more seriously again.

The only thing I think that bugs me is the base is from after he gets his beskar, so it'll need to be donated to Beskar Mando when he comes, but that's pretty minor

I agree, he’s so well done, I love this figure!
I have the beskar version on order too and there will be some swapping about between versions when it comes in. Base, beskar container, child in the pod. One time when I am looking forward to both!
I adjusted the fat suit, slightly bigger holes at the top of the thighs and removed the shoulder sections. Kept the look overall, slightly smaller shoulders scale better with the helmet and articulation is WAY better. And having the TrueType uncovered allowed me to free up the shoulder rotation that was crazy tight too.
Easy and well worth it.

C9CB27F5-D673-4806-BF6F-C8260E1A3491.jpg

Despite the low res, that first pic is good for comparison. From that similar angle the figure's helmet looks a bit pinched. Straight on that's not as apparent. Mandalorian helmets on figures always suffer from different angles though (from screen reference anyhow).

[...]

That seems to be what's been nagging at me. The Boba Fett helmet is bigger and has a pronounced flare, but the Mando helmet appears (I could be wrong, just going by a handful of stills) to be subtly wider all around when compared to the HT rendition. I guess I'm off to watch some Season 1 so I can see if I'm imagining this or not.

Shouldn?t be too hard for someone with a 3D printer to make a more accurate size. Maybe we?ll get lucky and someone can make them. Kinda like the one in the beskar thread with the chrome paint

Shouldn?t be too hard for someone with a 3D printer to make a more accurate size. Maybe we?ll get lucky and someone can make them. Kinda like the one in the beskar thread with the chrome paint

I don't envy whoever tries to model that thing. So many weird curves and angles.

Been playing with mine for a few days now, really am tempted to get another one, but I want that haslab razor crest pretty badly too. Can't believe how well done this guy is, such a prescence in my toy room. It's weird cause I was a huge fett fan, and the Bobas HTs did were instant buys for me, but when I got them I felt kind of meh with them, like the wookie braids sucked, the heads seemed too big, especially next to jedi luke, and the way the armor all sat over their true types jsut didn't look like what we see on film. This guy though is so good, the armor can easily be adjusted, the head looks amazing, the paint deco is so nice, everything just feels so much better, makes me want to collect hot toys more seriously again.

The only thing I think that bugs me is the base is from after he gets his beskar, so it'll need to be donated to Beskar Mando when he comes, but that's pretty minor

I actually sold my ESB Fett in anticipation of this Mando figure. Sacrilegious I know, but this one had more of a man-in-suit vibe when those blogger pics showed up, seemed like an easy figure to put in a solid variety of realistic poses.

I agree that the helmet on Boba seemed a bit oversized, especially compared to the chest armor or shoulders, dunno exactly, but something was amiss. I found Fett to be a frustrating figure at times -- whether it be the puffy chest, oversized gauntlets -- and it seemed to take more work than necessary to get him to look good. They learned a lot by the time of this release.

It's probably just me but to as of right now straight out of the box no mods. The helmet is fine and looks accurate. Only thing I will probably mod is remove the padding on the shoulders.

Also, for what it is worth, you can achieve a much more natural walking pose with the M33 body too.

I got the idea from UnrealToys, here is a shot of his in a walking pose on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGJR7oGp6GD/

This is a really great idea. However, just a warning, a quick search on eBay for the M33 threw up several interesting attachments (or should I say enhancements?) for the Phicen body. I'll never look at the Mando the same again after that.

Don't know why, but this figure is so cool. I really enjoy shooting this guy.
Body is TBLEAGUE M33 (phicen) and custom wired cape of course... :lol

MANDALORIAN (1090) ed1a SR UC.jpg

MANDALORIAN (1453) ed1a SR UC.jpg

MANDALORIAN (1463) ed1a SR UC.jpg

Amazing shots! Saw a video of the last one on Facebook earlier. If possible can you upload the video here, please, so people can see the full diorama?

That seems to be what's been nagging at me. The Boba Fett helmet is bigger and has a pronounced flare, but the Mando helmet appears (I could be wrong, just going by a handful of stills) to be subtly wider all around when compared to the HT rendition. I guess I'm off to watch some Season 1 so I can see if I'm imagining this or not.

Not gonna touch mine *shrug* for now $$$. I figure between the multiple helmets used in the show (based on reading collector forum comments about the ANOVOS helmet and visor width/accuracy etc) and what seems to be "heroic" HT body + padding, the original HT helmet proportion is probably accurate. One thing I noticed rewatching - a lot of the other Mandalorian helmets seem more sleek/smaller as well. Like when Din D'jarin is kneeling in front of the pile of armor. It's a contrast between the bulkier Boba and even Stormtrooper helmets - like the Death Squad looks more sleek than Stormtroopers.

The Phicen body mods look great:clap; maybe one day. I would've liked to be able to do a genuine Mando-shooting-Jawas pose. Even then not sure if the hands/head can be positioned correctly.:dunno

Meanwhile I gotta pay on my second Mando V1 fig:cool: - this is one fig am happy to get a second. There's a lot to work with here, even without the knife and flame effects. Really like being able to display original/original with pauldron+baby/beskar + everything, eventually.

Just a great figure - haven't been able to make myself put him in cabinet yet.:lol

Don't know why, but this figure is so cool. I really enjoy shooting this guy.
Body is TBLEAGUE M33 (phicen) and custom wired cape of course...

Amazing work:clap. Someone posted this figure is "expressive" and it IS. Even out of the box. Favreau and Filoni must have killed themselves coming up with the costume design.

Some really amazing shots there Unrealtoys! Usually the proportions on that M33 body look a bit weird to me, with its overly broad shoulders and long arms, but it seems to work great here.

Back