The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Death Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow now has this as in stock since last night. Just used the majority of my SS RP's for my free Death Trooper... :) Can't wait to have this guy on the shelf with my Shadow Trooper. :yess:

Missed out on the last RO regular version for procrastinating for too long. Only thing I miss is that HT didn't included the big rifle the last one came with, although I wouldn't have used it anyway. I like the unique blaster he comes with. But, that's the HT way. Re-release a figure, take stuff away, and then raise the price $15.. :lol

Curious how long this will be around and if prices will get ridiculous once again after it's gone.

Sideshow now has this as in stock since last night. Just used the majority of my SS RP's for my free Death Trooper... :) Can't wait to have this guy on the shelf with my Shadow Trooper. :yess:

Missed out on the last RO regular version for procrastinating for too long. Only thing I miss is that HT didn't included the big rifle the last one came with, although I wouldn't have used it anyway. I like the unique blaster he comes with. But, that's the HT way. Re-release a figure, take stuff away, and then raise the price $15.. :lol

Curious how long this will be around and if prices will get ridiculous once again after it's gone.

Congrats on the freebie DT, Loki!

I just paid yesterday for the December payment plan for my two DTs and have one payment left. I think I'll just pay it off now and get them in sooner.

That factor is solely contingent on the release of Moff Gideon, just like previous scenario with Orson Krennic. But one noticeable element should be taken into account at the same time is the appearance of Dark Trooper in SS2's finale.

Another factor is that many are picking up one (or two) to display with their Krennic.

So you've got the Mando displays and the Rogue One displays being satisfied as well.

Not sure where to post this but since theres been some talk about Toys Buying Agent in here thought I?d let people know they no longer have ANY Hot Toys listed on their site.

According to TBA Sideshow has ?sent warning messages to HK sellers?. Guess they must have realised a bunch of people arent buying from them anymore and instead are going direct to HK.

Apparently its why Toys Wonderland no longer uses official HT promo pictures for their listings and instead use their own photos from Secret Base.

TBA said he is going to try and use his own pictures for listings now.

No existing preorders should be affected though he says.

Hopefully he figures, pun not intended, something out as he is probably one of the best HK sellers imo.

If anyone knows a better place to post this let me know or share it yourself.

If that's true about SS cracking down on Hong Kong sellers then that's the end of the collecting game for me and a few others I'd imagine. I'd never pay the extortionate amounts that UK sellers charge. With Bumbling 'Mini Trump' Boris causing his usual destruction then buying directly from Europe is also no longer going to be a very appealing option.

EDIT: Yessssss, the sig works!!! Thanks again greygoose.

Sideshow tried this before, and for a while a certain retailer used to state on their order pages that Hot Toys weren't available to the UK.

I'd even forgot about that until now, because in reality nothing ever changed.

With Bumbling 'Mini Trump' Boris causing his usual destruction then buying directly from Europe is also no longer going to be a very appealing option.

Deal or no deal, there will be 20% VAT liable on purchases from the EU, plus customs duty if the item's valued over ?135.

The sub ?15 VAT-free threshold is also being abolished, so the only way to avoid tax (and Royal Mail fees) is to receive 'Gifts' valued at less than ?39.

How can Sideshow intimidate Hong Kong sellers in this way? I understand Hot Toys could as it's their product but don't see what it has to do with a US retailer like Sideshow.

I'm done with HT if I can't get them from HL. UK retailers too slow and too expensive.

I'm done with HT if I can't get them from HL. UK retailers too slow and too expensive.

There's at least one UK retailer who's been receiving some HT deliveries even before Hong Kong.

They said they'd given out tracking numbers for Death Trooper deliveries in the UK on the same day mine had only just reached the Hong Kong post office. I don't know how they manage it.

Not sure where to post this but since theres been some talk about Toys Buying Agent in here thought I?d let people know they no longer have ANY Hot Toys listed on their site.

According to TBA Sideshow has ?sent warning messages to HK sellers?. Guess they must have realised a bunch of people arent buying from them anymore and instead are going direct to HK.

Apparently its why Toys Wonderland no longer uses official HT promo pictures for their listings and instead use their own photos from Secret Base.

TBA said he is going to try and use his own pictures for listings now.

No existing preorders should be affected though he says.

Hopefully he figures, pun not intended, something out as he is probably one of the best HK sellers imo.

If anyone knows a better place to post this let me know or share it yourself.

Thanks for sharing. Noticed earlier that no Hot Toys were listed on the site anymore and that TBA Facebook page hinted at technical issues. Seemed odd as other parts of the store were running ok.

I have a dozen PO with TBA and i'd hate it if the store were to stop selling Hot Toys altogether. At least, i'm hoping all former PO will be honored otherwise it will cost to find a plan B.

If that's true about SS cracking down on Hong Kong sellers then that's the end of the collecting game for me and a few others I'd imagine. I'd never pay the extortionate amounts that UK sellers charge. With Bumbling 'Mini Trump' Boris causing his usual destruction then buying directly from Europe is also no longer going to be a very appealing option.

EDIT: Yessssss, the sig works!!! Thanks again greygoose.

Yep if HK sellers get pushed out of the game, so will I. I don't use Sideshow unless I get a good deal or rack up Reward Points over events, or literally as a last resort. Not paying their shipping fees then the customs/import fees on top of that. You end up paying the USD price in GBP.

Deathtroopers.jpg

How can Sideshow intimidate Hong Kong sellers in this way? I understand Hot Toys could as it's their product but don't see what it has to do with a US retailer like Sideshow.

Hot Toys and Sideshow work together a lot, they probably sell WAY more Hot Toys through Sideshow than their own Hong Kong or Japanese distribution. If Sideshow asks them something, they'll probably agree to do it.

Back