The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Death Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think ht is going to milk the mandalorian like iron man. Every iteration they can think of. Ot and pt are collectors are screwed.

I think ht is going to milk the mandalorian like iron man. Every iteration they can think of. Ot and pt are collectors are screwed.

They'll definitely milk it, but surely not to the extent of Iron Man. That Beskar steel is expensive for a lowly bounty hunter. Tony Stark is a billionaire with unlimited resources, it's harder to justify a Mandalorian bounty hunter having multiple costume changes throughout a season. Sure I see them doing a diecast version, a headsculpt version, a battle-damaged version, and, eventually, a 1:4 scale version, but beyond that? Where they can milk it is with doing other cameoing Mandalorians, such as the Armorer, Death Watch Mandalorian etc. The OT, and to a slightly lesser extent the PT, are guaranteed cash cows for Hot Toys. The Mandalorian is as popular as it is because it's playing off those OT designs and nostalgia. Hot Toys need to have a steady stream of new material releases. The Mandalorian is the only new material for the next year or so.

Yes this is a straight reissue of the mms398 version of the Deathtrooper minus one rifle. The only pleather issue is the holster for the blaster. If you use it to hold the blaster just leave it and don?t mess with it and you?ll be fine. Both of mine the holster has worn out from messing with it but that won?t stop me from buying 2 more of these. They?re awesome looking on the shelf.

Thank you - very much. If anyone has any other anecdotes about the old release they are very welcome!

They'll definitely milk it, but surely not to the extent of Iron Man. That Beskar steel is expensive for a lowly bounty hunter. Tony Stark is a billionaire with unlimited resources, it's harder to justify a Mandalorian bounty hunter having multiple costume changes throughout a season. Sure I see them doing a diecast version, a headsculpt version, a battle-damaged version, and, eventually, a 1:4 scale version, but beyond that? Where they can milk it is with doing other cameoing Mandalorians, such as the Armorer, Death Watch Mandalorian etc. The OT, and to a slightly lesser extent the PT, are guaranteed cash cows for Hot Toys. The Mandalorian is as popular as it is because it's playing off those OT designs and nostalgia. Hot Toys need to have a steady stream of new material releases. The Mandalorian is the only new material for the next year or so.

Not sure what the point of a diecast version would be since all they do is just the legs.

That is what I meant, not just the man himself, but the show. They will release all of the other mandalorians and trooper repaints. We only get one sw release per month and sometimes not even that. With season 2 in October, that is a lot of mandalorian and not as much ot and especially pt.
I have to rewatch the show and hopefully get into it.

Death RS.jpg

Yes this is a straight reissue of the mms398 version of the Deathtrooper minus one rifle. The only pleather issue is the holster for the blaster. If you use it to hold the blaster just leave it and don?t mess with it and you?ll be fine. Both of mine the holster has worn out from messing with it but that won?t stop me from buying 2 more of these. They?re awesome looking on the shelf.

I thought the belt was a little different could be wrong though

Im curious if anyone here has successfully come up with the alternative to replace the disintegrated holster strap, on the RO version of course.

I feel lucky with that my holster strap still looks like new

I checked my Death Troopers awhile back and the holsters seem OK. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the holster of my old Sideshow Commander Praji, I went to move and repose him and the faux leather belt loops crumbled to dust. Need to find some thin leather to replace.

Did they move up the release date on this? Sideshow now says "Est. Arrival: Dec 2020 - Feb 2021." I thought the original estimate was Q3 2021.

Back