The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a DiD Gimli today for $32 shipped off eBay :rock

And the TB Ringwraith came last week... really not as bad in person as I expected. Definitely think its a workable base.

:rock

I like the Ringwraith too. It's good height and a good base I think.

Definitely want to see Mikey's when he gets to it.

At the end of the day, it's the only villain we got from LOTR in 1/6th.

it's a shame. LOTR customs are gonna be hard or impossible just cuz of the detailed outfits. and i'd hate to lose that detail in a custom cuz then it would cease to be LOTR to me. if that makes any sense. we really need some custom 1/6 tailors on this board.

Well Kevin Ellis is a member here and he created a lot of the SSC LotR stuff - perhaps he wants to start a little side cottage industry?

I have the UC raith sword. I think I might add 1/2 to the TB raith and take off 1/2" of the sword. Sword looks to cool not to use.

How big/tall are the Moria Orcs since they came from elves right. I figure close to Gimlis size as I'm hoping to use my exe. hs from Boromir.
Thoughts?

I have the UC raith sword. I think I might add 1/2 to the TB raith and take off 1/2" of the sword. Sword looks to cool not to use.

How do you take 1/2" off the metal sword????

If you raised the wraith, and shortened the sword, I'd like to know how because I'd love to do the same thing.

Hi all, first post here :)

Pictured here is the Orc Captain, Shafragh of Mordor, already battle tested in the battle for Osgiliath, he's about to lay siege to Gondor with the rest of Sauron's hordes.

He wears a Warg pelt on his shoulders to indicate his status, and the heavy spiked mace of his rank, his ornate leg armour is of human origin from some long forgotten age of men, scavenged long ago by one of his Orc brethren, he wears a tough leather hauberk over a mail shirt and his pitted helm is of ancient Orc manufacture.

I made him a while ago as a mish mash of different orcs from the films, more of a generic character than an actual one.

The face was sculpted onto a Dragon 1/6th head using Fimo, I cut off the nose first [ I smell manflesh ! ]

The clothing is a mix of Ignite and Dragon, with a lot of scavenged bits of cloth and some rabbit fur doubling as a Warg pelt ...The helmet is two Dragon German helmets sawn in half then the same halves glued together and textured with a dremel, the nosepiece is sculpted.

The whole thing was heavily weathered and dirtied using paints and pigment powders.

Thanks for looking :)
1-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

11.jpg

Welcome aboard and what a brilliant first post!

That looks killer.
Now, will you do one for me?

It's usual custom here at the Freaks boards that you have to give the first person who welcomes you whatever they ask...

:D

Very killer. Nice bash. I have seen your stuff b4 maybe over at lordoftheringsguide or fantasy net I think. I am collecting pics and parts for my moria orc. So keep posting those customs and welcoem from all of us here.

That is exactly what I would like to try to do with an Orc. There are some good armor pieces out there that can be assembled on the cheap. But you really did an awesome job getting yours together... perfection :clap

Many thanks guys, you're all very kind

MY next LOTR custom will be Gandalf the gray...just waiting for him to arrive...I will really enjoy repainting the sculpt and adding dirt and wear to his robes...

WELCOME!

Beautiful ORC! I also seem to remember seeing similar figures -- several like this but all different -- on ebay long ago. You don't happen to be that seller. are you? I've been keeping an eye out for those ever since.

So you got any more figure? They're really nice. :)

Hi all, first post here :)

Pictured here is the Orc Captain, Shafragh of Mordor, already battle tested in the battle for Osgiliath, he's about to lay siege to Gondor with the rest of Sauron's hordes.

He wears a Warg pelt on his shoulders to indicate his status, and the heavy spiked mace of his rank, his ornate leg armour is of human origin from some long forgotten age of men, scavenged long ago by one of his Orc brethren, he wears a tough leather hauberk over a mail shirt and his pitted helm is of ancient Orc manufacture.

I made him a while ago as a mish mash of different orcs from the films, more of a generic character than an actual one.

The face was sculpted onto a Dragon 1/6th head using Fimo, I cut off the nose first [ I smell manflesh ! ]

The clothing is a mix of Ignite and Dragon, with a lot of scavenged bits of cloth and some rabbit fur doubling as a Warg pelt ...The helmet is two Dragon German helmets sawn in half then the same halves glued together and textured with a dremel, the nosepiece is sculpted.

The whole thing was heavily weathered and dirtied using paints and pigment powders.

Thanks for looking :)
1-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

11.jpg

Awesome job!!

Now, if I send you two or three Gimlis, can you bash them together and make me one? :D

;)

Hehe I wish I had the time to take on custom commissions....sadly boring real life jobs get in the way...

I wasn't that ebay seller, this is the only Orc I've ever made...

Thanks again !

Many thanks guys, you're all very kind

MY next LOTR custom will be Gandalf the gray...just waiting for him to arrive...I will really enjoy repainting the sculpt and adding dirt and wear to his robes...

OMG.....are you a pie rat? Fly the flag son!! :D

Aaaarrr laddie...tis me in me pirate tricorn...

Actually the hat is my friend Tony's, the eyepatch and missing tooth are photoshopped..

The abundance of hair and stupid face are all mine ;)

Last edited:
Figured I should post this here instead of the Gimli thread:

Howes would probably do a Merry/Pippin head commission, if there's enough of ya.

Someone needs to start a list of those interested to see if you got enough guys.

Here's a comp to see what outfit parts you got.

MPwardrobe.jpg

I think Frodo's wardrobe works for Merry -- bleach and dye the vest yellow, similar coat just needs to be dyed greenish.

Pippin needs jacket from somewhere else -- maybe DiD -- because the Sam sweater just won't work.

Back