The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have many swords. Those are just photos on my phone right now. I have a Aonion Crecy, the Discerner (Excalibur), the Beastmaster sword, Motohara katana, etc. Have fun. Not interested in a flame war.
Hmmm that second pic looks a lot like Darryl’s workshop of Texas Steel Props. I have a few of his swords.

E8C6C0A2-58B5-44D2-816D-5DAE6696F177.jpeg

I’d love to see your Albion’s. Got some pics? Is the Beastmaster one from the run the movies makers son did a few years ago or is it a knockoff replica?

I understand not wanting to get into a flame war but when you base your argument in the physics of a sword but your physics of the sword is wrong I’m just trying to help you understand your error.

If you don’t like the look of the sword that’s fine, but don’t make false claims on how a sword may or may not swing just to make your dislike sound more genuine.

Imagine nitpicking the practicality of a sword in a world with dragons, orcs, dark lords, wizards and other mythical creatures.
Exactly my point. He’s applying real world physics to made up metals and super powered elves. However he doesn’t even have the real world physics right. And blaming his dislike of the show on that.

On-line sword experts personified...

HJSbkc.gif

That said, I'm eager to get to some sword fighting in this show.
man...I remember when this kid got smashed on the net back in the day.
Poor guy.
Some of the videos that have come out of it are gold though!!😊

On-line sword experts personified...

HJSbkc.gif

That said, I'm eager to get to some sword fighting in this show.
Not sure if that’s directed towards me or not.

Im not making a claim of being a expert, I just have some knowledge because I practice HEMA and read the historical manuals. Less online expert and more real world experience.

I will get a pic of the Beastmaster that I got from his son. I currently have it in a gun case since my office is being worked on. It is heavy and not really a fun sword to swing. You would have to be Marc Singer’s size to swing it. He even cut his leg with it when they were filming the movie his son told me. It is purely a fantasy sword. I just like my balance point closer to the guard. Easier to switch directions. All just personal preference. Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!

I completely agree

If I was Bezos, that would have been a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, I get not wanting to contradict the films by Jackson and not changing established canon, but the entire situation is too limiting.

It forces the show into situations like Warrior Galadriel, which will only start to incite some hard core fans.

Unfortunately it appears, by rumor, that some ugly family blood with Christopher Tolkien (now deceased, son) and Simon Tolkien (grandson) may have been part of the overall larger conflict about what is allowed to be released or not. Maybe someone here with more on that can enlighten the rest of us.

Yeah, considering the ridiculous money that has been spent, it's a shame that this show is so handicapped from the ground level. No matter how good the show could be, there will always be a sense of missed opportunity for me, knowing certain things have been altered not for a better story but for arbitrary copyright reasons. Lame. There's already so many gaps to fill as it is.

I will get a pic of the Beastmaster that I got from his son. I currently have it in a gun case since my office is being worked on. It is heavy and not really a fun sword to swing. You would have to be Marc Singer’s size to swing it. He even cut his leg with it when they were filming the movie his son told me. It is purely a fantasy sword. I just like my balance point closer to the guard. Easier to switch directions. All just personal preference. Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!
The Conan sword is super heavy too. I got to play with the one Albion made a few years back. I think it’s like 8 or 9 pounds. My Spadone is only a little over 5lbs and it’s bigger then the Conan sword.

Exactly my point. He’s applying real world physics to made up metals and super powered elves. However he doesn’t even have the real world physics right. And blaming his dislike of the show on that.
Swords and rubber armor are some the least of the problems with the show. Dialogue is way more of an issue. I think I am out though. Never thought I would find middle earth boring. You can forgive anything if you love the story and the characters that much. It’s the power of love like Hughie Lewis says.

The Conan sword is super heavy too. I got to play with the one Albion made a few years back. I think it’s like 8 or 9 pounds. My Spadone is only a little over 5lbs and it’s bigger then the Conan sword.
Arnold could not weld that sword effectively. I love that film so much that I bought that sword too (Marto).

Hmmm that second pic looks a lot like Darryl’s workshop of Texas Steel Props. I have a few of his swords.

View attachment 598149

I’d love to see your Albion’s. Got some pics? Is the Beastmaster one from the run the movies makers son did a few years ago or is it a knockoff replica?

I understand not wanting to get into a flame war but when you base your argument in the physics of a sword but your physics of the sword is wrong I’m just trying to help you understand your error.

If you don’t like the look of the sword that’s fine, but don’t make false claims on how a sword may or may not swing just to make your dislike sound more genuine.
8593F1D8-A6A5-4EFA-9008-68F014DA5329.jpeg

Yeah, I can play show and tell too. Plus you can see some of the Tolkien books. Not all of the books but most of them. Sorry I don’t google for information to make myself seem smarter nor look look up sword makers. But whatever.

Attachments

• 3C44BFDC-D125-4C9E-8F67-19E7ADC90B1D.jpeg
    3C44BFDC-D125-4C9E-8F67-19E7ADC90B1D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DB8572A8-644E-4F23-BB0D-D705D74EE816.jpeg
    DB8572A8-644E-4F23-BB0D-D705D74EE816.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Late to the party but I’m really liking RoP thus far! I’ve adore the Hobbit and LotR, love the Jackson trilogy, and I’m really happy with what I’ve seen thus far.

View attachment 598175
Yeah, I can play show and tell too. Plus you can see some of the Tolkien books. Not all of the books but most of them. Sorry I don’t google for information to make myself seem smarter nor look look up sword makers. But whatever.

You earn points for the Beastmaster sword, but gotta dock them for the Twilight books.

You earn points for the Beastmaster sword, but gotta dock them for the Twilight books.
Those were my wife’s. Sorry I share a house with a woman and two kids. She didn’t finish the first book. But that is fair. They should have been burned like a proper vampire. Please don’t dock me for Pokémon cards, but whatever.

Attachments

• 8C2837F6-523A-4EAB-914E-009A29DF08BF.jpeg
    8C2837F6-523A-4EAB-914E-009A29DF08BF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • F54B0067-B5B2-4C6D-86BB-159BBCD10A66.jpeg
    F54B0067-B5B2-4C6D-86BB-159BBCD10A66.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
View attachment 598175

Let me be the first to say that the willingness to defend your Twilight books to the death, up to and including beheading people, is really gangster.

Those were my wife’s. She didn’t finish the first book. But that is fair. They should have been burned like a proper vampire. Funny the Dune books didn’t spark your interest but it was the Twilight books.
Let me be the first to say that the willingness to defend your Twilight books to the death, up to and including beheading people, is really gangster.
I wonder if I can use that excuse for self defense? I was only protecting the honor of my wife’s twilight books!! She was reading Nicholas Sparks!! And yes, she still reads those Sparks books. Also Redeeming Love. Perhaps her favorite.

Last edited:
I wonder if I can use that excuse for self defense?

Can't throw you in prison if there is no body and no evidence.

By the way, the large neighborhood cookout idea is very generous of you. All those fresh hamburgers you were just giving away for free to everyone.

"Don't you want to eat one of your own burgers, Harlockfan?"

"I became a vegetarian a week ago. Have another."

Speaking of Twilight, the original choice by the author was actually Emily Browning, who turned it down. ( She was last in, IIRC, American Gods and most people here remember her from Sucker Punch)

Can you imagine Browning's career trajectory if she took Twilight?

Same for Haley Joel Osment, the rumor is he was, at one point, offered Harry Potter. Or multiple executives kept pushing HJO as a front runner to JK Rowling.

Can you imagine the money stacks for HJO then?

But who am I to criticize, I turned down a role in Magic Mike.

Even if you liked Twilight, so what. I watched all of Sex And The City when it was on HBO. I still enjoy Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Back