The Legend Of Zelda The Skyward Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is to be discussed further, open a thread in the "Other Topics Thread" and it can be discussed there. These forums are for discussion, but highly contentious issues shouldn't belong in regular collectible threads. I see that it was a mistake to post the original question and there is nothing I regret posting, but I didn't expect my original question to blow up the way it did nor did I expect the animosity directed towards my viewpoint on how to raise my children. I tried to be as respectful as possible in my replies, but this is obviously a topic that enrages and divides the collector community.

Batman wouldn't have any problems because he would already have all the gadgets in his belt and wouldn't need to run around a dungeon.
:wink1:

This and the outdated graphics have been our only complaints; I know the little bomb things have annoyed my wife, but that isn't really a complaint. She blows herself up trying to aim the things. I would have liked to see the shadow lady from the last game (Twilight Princess?) show up to guide Link instead of the blue-robot-lady.

My wife has this theory that this Hyrule is Hyrule pre-Windwaker. The cloud cities are now the islands in Wind Waker and the underwater is the land from Skyward Sword (did that make sense?).

This is, officially, the first in the Zelda series' timeline, so everything you see here is a precursor to everything in the previous games. This game follows the birth of the Master Sword, the creation of Hyrule, and the establishment of the cycle of Link, Zelda and Ganon fighting over the land and Triforce.

Batman wouldn't have any problems because he would already have all the gadgets in his belt and wouldn't need to run around a dungeon.
:wink1:

This and the outdated graphics have been our only complaints; I know the little bomb things have annoyed my wife, but that isn't really a complaint. She blows herself up trying to aim the things. I would have liked to see the shadow lady from the last game (Twilight Princess?) show up to guide Link instead of the blue-robot-lady.

My wife has this theory that this Hyrule is Hyrule pre-Windwaker. The cloud cities are now the islands in Wind Waker and the underwater is the land from Skyward Sword (did that make sense?).

Well she's part right. This game is supposed to take place before any other Zelda game

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think I retracted anything other than to say that everyone deserves a "safe educational environment free of bullying and discrimination" and that everyone has the legal right to live life as they deem appropriate. I notice that you did not judge Cultoskaro for his "hateful epithet(s)" regarding people who disagree with him; particularly religion. Again, freedom of speech/expression only seems to go one way.

Oh spare me your false equivalency. Calling people general insults like "nutjob" or "lunatic" (quoting CultofSkaro) is hardly comparable to words used to disparage a specific minority group. Your "shim" remark is exactly like calling a black character a "n___". If you cannot see that, then that I feel sorry for you.

I did not even know that word until today, but thanks to you I now know more about the ways people find to hate those who are different.

Otherwise CultofSkaro and others demolished you as well as I could.

If you have a beefy enough computer, you can fix that:

irY2U23qBZY7m.png

ibpFaW6fYWLpwt.png

https://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=19897

Nice! :rock

Oh spare me your false equivalency. Calling people general insults like "nutjob" or "lunatic" (quoting CultofSkaro) is hardly comparable to words used to disparage a specific minority group. Your "shim" remark is exactly like calling a black character a "n___". If you cannot see that, then that I feel sorry for you.

I did not even know that word until today, but thanks to you I now know more about the ways people find to hate those who are different.

Otherwise CultofSkaro and others demolished you as well as I could.
Not to mention that my insults weren't actually directed at this specific guy. I just said that I expect that there are nutjobs out there who are on the far, far extreme end of homophobia. Though homophobia is homophobia, it sucks regardless of its degree.

Present your view and back it up with sound reasoning, logic and evidence and I'm up for respectfully disagreeing. The reason people like this guy get so wound up is because the 'respectful' bit of the disagreeing pretty much goes out the window the minute they start spouting their vile homophobic remarks. Fact is, there ISN'T any logical reasoning to being anti-gay. Hence I can't 'respectfully disagree' with any anti-gay person, because I base things on facts, and give no credit to anything of this nature that is not based on facts (so, for example, religion itself and the invisible pink unicorn I mentioned earlier).

Not to mention that my insults weren't actually directed at this specific guy. I just said that I expect that there are nutjobs out there who are on the far, far extreme end of homophobia. Though homophobia is homophobia, it sucks regardless of its degree.

Present your view and back it up with sound reasoning, logic and evidence and I'm up for respectfully disagreeing. The reason people like this guy get so wound up is because the 'respectful' bit of the disagreeing pretty much goes out the window the minute they start spouting their vile homophobic remarks. Fact is, there ISN'T any logical reasoning to being anti-gay. Hence I can't 'respectfully disagree' with any anti-gay person, because I base things on facts, and give no credit to anything of this nature that is not based on facts (so, for example, religion itself and the invisible pink unicorn I mentioned earlier).

I will play devils advocate for a second here. There is a logical reason for being what you would call anti gay. It is called human nature and the desire to reproduce. Obviously gay people cannot traditionally keep the family line going by bearing children. So yes to some people that bothers them. They may not even know why to be honest. However it is in our nature to reproduce and want to extend our families.

If I'm being completely honest here it is. I just had a daughter. She is 2 months old. If she comes to me and says dad I'm gay. I will be bummed. I want her to marry and have babies in the traditional way. Call me old school, call me a bigot, call me whatever. I am who I am and I deserve the same respect as everyone else for MY beliefs.

That said if she wants to be with a woman I will support her 100% and love her all the same. Same as if I had a boy that wanted to be with men. I also support gay marriage. I have no problem with it. To each their own.

I'm not bringing religion into this but again I see the human nature involved in what some see as anti gay. :peace

I'm enjoying the game a lot, but one big thing bothers me... Link's responses to people. He either will respond like a *********, a moron, or heroic. I know that none of these answers will affect the game such as in a game like Mass Effect, but sometimes the ********* answers make me feel bad for the people link is dealing with. example...

Spoiler Spoiler:

My priorities are so messed up. :rotfl

Just finished this, i got say i really enjoyed it. Somehow though it still felt like they could have did better. More side quests maybe. I like the lightning dragon trial and hero mode, but for a shield.....

Had the wife translate some. Basically, still no Samus even, but the blog will announce as soon as both are released.

Back