The JP Dio Vs Dinosauria Dio Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the Better Dio?

• The JP Dio

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • The Dinosauria Dio

Votes: 39 48.8%

• Total voters

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay so now we are have had a good look at both the Dinosaur Dioramas what do you think is the Better, I'm not talking exclusives just the Dioramas
I think both Dios rock but I will let the General Public decide which is better
And now I will leave it up to you guys to decide
This is a straight forward Poll with no pansy ass "They both look good too me" or "I can't choose" I'm getting straight too the point here

I would say the The Dinosauria Dio just because it looks like 2 bada^^ titans going at it.

The JP dio looks like fleas attacking a Pit Bull.

I would go with the Dino Dio just because it seems to have more of a presence to it.

If I was going to get either it would be the JP, mainly because I am a fan of the movie and don't really have a strong interest in a generic dino license. Besides that, I think the base of the Dinosauria looks a little funky and the sculpts are so closely intertwined that I don't know if there's an angle at which you can see both animals really well.

I would prefer not to choose either. On one hand, I was ecstatic about the announcement of the JP license and when the first dio premiered, I was indescribably pleased... even more so now having seen pics of the final paintjob. It's something I've been hoping and waiting for since 1993.

When I heard the announcement about the Dinosauria license, my reaction was one of frustration, dismay, and confusion; however, when the teaser premiered showcasing the T.rex head sculpt... my fears were quashed. Even though I remained apprehensive about the future of the JP license, I became confident that SS could pull off a very good, and very accurate, paleo sculpt. Now with the dio actually revealed, I have fallen in love with it in the way that I have the JP dio. The greatest of paleoartists strive for accuracy and manage to keep the menace of the ancient creatures, and that is exactly what they achieved. One doesn't have to compromise savagery for paleontological accuracy. Sideshow managed to create an accurate dio with a T.rex and Triceratops which we see rendered as two doomed combatants locked in mortal combat.

Again, as a fan of JP and a dino freak, I can't choose between them because both are truly spectacular respectively and achieve what the artists set out to accomplish - depicting a classic scene from Jurassic Park that played out to raucous applause on movie screens across the world, as well as a classic scene from prehistory that I wager most of us have played out in our imaginations on countless occasions. They're dreams come to life... for me at least. Simply awesome.

I think that in all honesty the JP line is dead no news no nothing on the JP line in ages, while the Dinosauria line could go the same way has more potential than the JP line as they could just put any cool Dinosaurs together and make a cool Dio/Statue/Maquette :D

dinosauria looks better but sideshow still suck.
I want a t-rex maquette and some sort of raptor statue.
Imagine a diorama of the raptors in the kitchen with the kids. :rock

dinosauria looks better but sideshow still suck.
I want a t-rex maquette and some sort of raptor statue.
Imagine a diorama of the raptors in the kitchen with the kids. :rock

Yea Raptors in the Kitchen with the kids would be cool
But so would the JP3 T-Rex vs the Spinosaurus :rock

yep , that would be awesome. :rock
Always thought though since the T-rex was the sort of dinosaur hero of the first two movies a group of t-rex's should of came back at the end of JP3 and ripped apart the spino.
Would of made a better ending I think . :rock

Always thought though since the T-rex was the sort of dinosaur hero of the first two movies a group of t-rex's should of came back at the end of JP3 and ripped apart the spino.

That might actually have helped redeem the failings of JPIII. ;) I'd be down for a JP Raptors and kids in the kitchen dio.

Yes then a giant Ape could swing down and fight them all down a cliff and rip the last standing T-Rex's jaw apart with some over-dramatic music playing in the background!!!!!

.....oh wait....that sounds familiar. :dunno

Dinosauria, because those two are my favorite Dinos, duking it out. ( what can I say, the kid in me never dies, that's why I'm here)

JP hold great appeal to me because that movie inspired a great many of my interests that i hold to this day.

Yes then a giant Ape could swing down and fight them all down a cliff and rip the last standing T-Rex's jaw apart with some over-dramatic music playing in the background!!!!!

.....oh wait....that sounds familiar. :dunno

The V-rexes from Kong don't count... they were a bunch of inbred monstrosities. :D

Based solely on the current dio I voted JP because I think its a very iconic scene from the movie. However when thinking about the possibilities for each line I think the Dinosauria line is going to be better (assuming JP line isn't dead, but I think it is).

I would buy the JP dio over this one, however I can't wait for Sideshow to do something with a stegosaurus which is my favorite dinosaur. I always feel like a kid in elementary when I see one.

I would buy the JP dio over this one, however I can't wait for Sideshow to do something with a stegosaurus which is my favorite dinosaur. I always feel like a kid in elementary when I see one.

Allosaurus VS. Stegosaurus would be a dio I'd very much like to see.

Back