The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They let you use company gear to shoot videos for your collectibles or are they going to include this in a story or something?

I'm part of a video group, and some of us had some free time, so we decided to shoot this...or course I cut it later...

Honestly, this statue is the best collectible I've purchased in a long time.
I couldn't agree more, Chris, only I think it is THE Indy collectable.

The only thing I don't understand is why they chose certain colours - the hat and jacket DO have a slightly green tint to them (especially when compared to the colours of the real Herbert Johnson Fedora that I have on my mannequin next to the PF display. The pants are also a very different shade compared to the real "officers pinks" that was used for the originals. Still, the overall impression of the statue is superb and I just can't stop looking at it (or photographing it).
The hat, jacket and pants honestly don't bother me a bit but what does are the two different strap colors. If you look back a page at your pics and the pics of easports08's pics you can see the difference in color of the straps. One (like yours and mine) is more of a puke-green and the other a medium brown as it should be. What is your impression of this, Chris?

did anyone recieve the regular and was happy with his face color ?

Mine's a wee bit too dark for my taste, but it doesn't bother me. I'm satisfied with it. Not sure if that counts as happy or not. The jacket and hat bother me more than the face.

Hi Jason,

Do you think the strap is actually a different color on some statues or is it just a difference in cameras / lighting?

I had to fight my inner "perfectionism" when I first pulled the statue out of the packaging. Being honest, the color of the hat, jacket, pants, bag strap, gunbelt and boots are all incorrect (this is painfully obvious when you see the statue right next to the full size, accurate costume components like we have on our mannequin displays). However, those feelings soon passed when I just stood there looking at the statue. The actual quality of the tailoring on the miniature costume parts is fantastic and the likeness just helps to blow it out of the water. I figured there's no point worrying about all the strange color choices because at the end of the day, the statue IS Indy when you see it displayed.

Chris

I couldn't agree more, Chris, only I think it is THE Indy collectable.
The hat, jacket and pants honestly don't bother me a bit but what does are the two different strap colors. If you look back a page at your pics and the pics of easports08's pics you can see the difference in color of the straps. One (like yours and mine) is more of a puke-green and the other a medium brown as it should be. What is your impression of this, Chris?

Chris,
If you go back through this entire thread and look through the pics and you'll see there are two different colored straps. I've done this many times and also asked a few other members what their strap looks like - a greenish-tan or a medium brown. Also, check out the gallery on the SS website as well and you can see it is a flat brown where we have a greenish-colored strap, almost the color of the bag itself. As you said the other colors work when judging the statue by itself. They all seem to blend perfectly...except the puke-green strap. IMO, it stands out quite a bit. It IS the best Indy collectible to date and I plan to have it on display indefinitely so I'd like to get ahold of one of the correct colored straps, otherwise this may bother me forever. I can look past all the other stuff you mentioned but the strap does bother me. I'm sending mine back and requesting they check to see I get a strap that matches the color on their own website before shipping a new one back.

I had to fight my inner "perfectionism" when I first pulled the statue out of the packaging. Being honest, the color of the hat, jacket, pants, bag strap, gunbelt and boots are all incorrect (this is painfully obvious when you see the statue right next to the full size, accurate costume components like we have on our mannequin displays). However, those feelings soon passed when I just stood there looking at the statue.

What happened to the bright red gun holster? :wacky

Got mine today....best figure EVER! Amazing
I have owned 3 other PF's ANH Luke, Vader, and Obiwan, but since have sold them off they just weren't good enough for my taste...especially the Vader and Luke. Hopefully SS revisits Vader with ESB or ROTJ, and we get a ROTJ Luke. Will post pics when I have more time, but if you are on the fence about getting this figure...Get it!

mike

My contributions. Not my best shots so I may retake some when the light is better.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Awesome pics Josh!!! I think I'll buy this PF. Much better than Cinemaquette's version - that one looks like Clive Owen

I think it's an awesome piece. First PF and I can't wait for more from Sideshow.:whip

My contributions. Not my best shots so I may retake some when the light is better.

IMG_1013.jpg

I see your still using that white doily like in your previous shots Josh, I think the ones that stand out in my mind were your pics of the Gandalf the White PF. :lol

I see your still using that white doily like in your previous shots Josh, I think the ones that stand out in my mind were your pics of the Gandalf the White PF. :lol

Yeah, I hadn't used a doily for a bit. This one I used today for Indy was given to me by Wetanut and its from Belgium.

Back