The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of my indy pf!
indy016.jpg

indy015.jpg

indy017.jpg

These pics were taken before I painted the hat, but the face is all done. I just need to dullcote & gloss, which will help bring things together more... but I figured I'd show these (virtually) finished pics. It'll be done by the end of today.

(these were taken last night when it was dark, and the fluorescent light on my work desk hides the sunburned look I gave him... but I'll take better daytime ones when it's all together. It gives an idea of how it looks though.)

have to say I'm really happy with it :)

Lakincomparison1.jpg

Lakincomparison2.jpg

Lakinpic3.jpg

Great job, Darren!

You seriously have a heap-load of painting talent!!

Beautiful...:gun

Fantastic re-paint. Seeing how realistic and well done the 5 o'clock shadow looks on your PF compared to mine makes me realize how much more Sideshow could have done. That being said, they still did a great job. I love my Indy =D

Alot of great work on here. I'll be getting my statue soon. I hope it comes in looking good, because I'm no where as good at painting as what I've seen here. Keep up the good work guys.

Heads up Freaks...Figuremaster Les' VERY FIRST PF repaint of my ROTLA Indy will be IN-HAND as of tonight!!! Watch for pics on the boards later on y'all!

:rock :rock :rock

PFIndy006.jpg

Well, I was 'supposed' to get pics up last night. Whoops! I spent the better part of an hour talking to Les on the phone, thanking him for doing this for me, and talking at length about the art and the hobby. It was fantastic conversation. Les is truly an amazing and cool guy! Thanks for the great conversation Les. :gun

He knows what a huge Indy fan I am and what a grail piece this is for me, so he took that into account when getting this guy all painted up. Let me tell you, it has FAR exceeded my wildest imagination! It must be seen IN PERSON to take in the shear brilliance and detail. The Raiders tan, the perfect stubble - intricately built up, the sweat lines, the additional hair wisps coming out from under the hat, the eyes, MAN, the eyes, the brows, and the hat, that amazing hat. Les built up the detail using powder in many, many layers to give it that 'felt' look. It's INCREDIBLE.

More pics to follow (when I can), but for now, this beauty shot captures the essence of the piece for me. Thanks again Les, truly. Enjoy the fruits of your labor now fully rejoined with the rest of the statue:

4445912254_0b18f28638_o.jpg

P.S., Please don't inundate Les with a flurry of PM's asking him to paint up your Indy PF. This was a (semi) one-time thing that Les has been working on for me for the better part of a year.

...And for those curious about the 'upgrades'...the belt and holster is MFisher, the sidebag was a custom from another fellow Freak and MFisher helped with the strap. Just need a replacement jacket (eventually) and Indy will be COMPLETE!!! :rock :rock :rock

final finished pics of my first Indy PF repaint taken this evening. This is one of the photos, the rest are in my customs thead *HERE*

customs012Large.jpg

(oh, and just wanted to say that I'm not trying to get people into my thread or anything by posting the link lol... I don't get any benefit from that... I just couldn't be bothered posting all the photos in multiple threads. I takes enough time to do just once lol. And on my blog. And on my facebook. - so, um... yeah, just wanted to make sure none of you were thinking that) :eek:

After seeing the great job you guys have been doing I bit the bullet and gave my PF a repaint, pretty scary the price these things cost and trying a repaint. I'm glad I did looks tons better. I didn't use a flash so the picture is too dark and the ceiling light was reflecting off the TOD poster behind the PF.
picture.php

wow! i wish i was brave enough to try a repaint on this figure. great job on these repaints!

Back