The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never could quite get over the flaws on this piece...so I finally got the balls to do something about it. I removed his jacket and pants and paint-washed them both, then dusted them up. Repainted the hat and touched up his 5 o' clock shadow.

The only problem is...my ex-wife "lost" his idol and whip during our separation of possessions...so if anyone would be willing to sell me a cast of both that would be great. Irony of ironies...I finally get this piece to where I like it...and he's incomplete...

IndyPF007.jpg

IndyPF008.jpg

Well my Indy just arrived today and I have to say I am very impressed with this PF. I scored him off eBay, mint with box, for a grand total of $185 shipped :horror I have been wanting this PF for a long time and I couldnt pass him up at a price like that :rock.

I never could quite get over the flaws on this piece...so I finally got the balls to do something about it. I removed his jacket and pants and paint-washed them both, then dusted them up. Repainted the hat and touched up his 5 o' clock shadow.

The only problem is...my ex-wife "lost" his idol and whip during our separation of possessions...so if anyone would be willing to sell me a cast of both that would be great. Irony of ironies...I finally get this piece to where I like it...and he's incomplete...

Have you tried contacting Sideshow to see if they have spares you can purchase?

RJ, good job on the touch ups! And try asking Sideshow about the missing pieces. They've helped me out more than once.

I just pulled the trigger on this piece & should have it in a few days. I saw it at a shop in Orlando FL & have being drooling for it ever since, but it was almost $350 there...I found it for a decent price at Razors Edge ($275 dlvd) and couldn't resist. Boo-yah! :banana

I just pulled the trigger on this piece & should have it in a few days. I saw it at a shop in Orlando FL & have being drooling for it ever since, but it was almost $350 there...I found it for a decent price at Razors Edge ($275 dlvd) and couldn't resist. Boo-yah! :banana

Mike is at the top, grats man! :rock

That one seems to have a VERY close match in the colors of the face and hands. The best I've seen yet. Is this because of the flash or is it really as close as it seems?

Does anyone know where is the thread about a Indy PF repaint?

It was where the person talked about stripping the paint and show photos of it before it was painted.....It was a while ago.....

Thanks

Bear

I'd call RJ.... And if the first person doesn't help I'd try the next day with a different employee. SS are pretty helpful overall but some individuals are more then others.

Man they finally got back to me, and said they're going to ship me replacement parts if I pay the shipping ($10)

Allegedly, if I had purchased it from their site they would've covered the shipping too. I've done my share of SS bashing in the past...but this certainly atones for everything (except the proto pics of the PF Rambo).

Much better than the "we send you new peg! Leave now, fat American!" reply I got from HT about my Dutch's broken wrist-peg.

RJ is pleased....

Well, it has happened, Indy is going to be my 2nd PF. :chew The first was Grievous. Glad to be getting Ford. This one looks great, and I'm a big Raiders fan. :gun

Well, it has happened, Indy is going to be my 2nd PF. :chew The first was Grievous. Glad to be getting Ford. This one looks great, and I'm a big Raiders fan. :gun

Awesome! As a 'big' Raiders fan, What took you so long to get this one??? It's fantastic, you'll love it. Still my fave all around PF...but I may be biased since Raiders is probably my favorite film of all time and I'd only been waiting 27 years for a statue like this. :lol

My Indi Pf:love:love
IMG_0547.jpg

Congrats! If I can make a quick suggestion, it will make the overall piece look even better! If you pull the back of the jacket collar up to meet the neck and tug the bottom down on each side (by the zipper in front of each large pocket), it will make the jacket hang better, instead of looking like it's falling off at the back.

Also, if you swing the satchel over to the side (under the whip hand) and tighten the strap a bit by pulling the top carefully through the buckle, it'll look more like Indy on film rather than having it hang in front like it does now.

Enjoy him, he's a GREAT PF!

Back