The Industry has spoken : Hulk and Cap,best statues of the year !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Cap is so much better than why isn't it worth as much as Doom?? Answer, cause Doom is in higher demand cause it's the better piece.

I absolutely love the Captain America PF, but I would agree that Doom MAY be better due to the insane amount of detail in it. Sadly, I think Doom may also be effected by the smaller number. Though, there are 1500 total Doom and 1975 total Cap's so it SHOULDN'T make too much of a difference. I think it may just be the fact that Doom put Sideshow's Marvel license on the map, and that's why the piece is in much more demand. But yeah, it could just be the fact that it's so much cooler.:monkey3

Wrong. Doom is still the best.

If Cap is so much better than why isn't it worth as much as Doom??

For the same reason that the movie that makes the most money in any given year isn't necessarily, and in fact often isn't, the "best" movie. And then of course there's Doom's smaller ES.

If you paid $1000+ for Doom and need reassurance that it was a wise investment, don't worry, there's 1,499 other guys who I'm sure will rush to console you. The rest of us will just enjoy the superior masterpiece that is the Captain America PF. ;)

If you paid $1000+ for Doom and need reassurance that it was a wise investment, don't worry, there's 1,499 other guys who I'm sure will rush to console you. The rest of us will just enjoy the superior masterpiece that is the Captain America PF. ;)

I paid retail direct from Sideshow. :lol

What's your next excuse? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Don't be jealous cause you don't have one. ;)

Doom blows away Cap easy. The detail in the throne alone is better than anything on Cap.

As a collector who owns both Doom and Cap exclusives I must agree that Doom blows the Captain America PF out of the water- no question about that! Doom is as close to art as these things can get. There is so much detail everywhere on the Doom PF. The Captain America PF while nice does have some big issues like the hot pants and the way the fabric doesn't seamlessly blend together on the piece.

Plus I have to admit, Captain America is a preppy wuss. Give me the evil raw power of Doom's character any day!

As a collector who owns both Doom and Cap exclusives I must agree that Doom blows the Captain America PF out of the water- no question about that! Doom is as close to art as these things can get. There is so much detail everywhere on the Doom PF. The Captain America PF while nice does have some big issues like the hot pants and the way the fabric doesn't seamlessly blend together on the piece.

I disagree. I think the mixed media blends beautiful together.

Why was the Doom PF even mentioned? It's a moot point which PF is better since this is in regards to PFs released in '07!

*smacks Rory*

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Well said.

Rory you are a smart man. :rock

I disagree. I think the mixed media blends beautiful together.

Why was the Doom PF even mentioned? It's a moot point which PF is better since this is in regards to PFs released in '07!

*smacks Rory*

The mixed media works OK but I still think it fails at many points. The material used for the pants and legs doesn't seem appropriate when considering how Captain America's costume looks in the comics- I mean they feel like sweatpants, gross. Plus the fabric doesn't mesh well with the polystone chest area, boots and gloves- something seems out of place.

The reason mixed media works so well on Doom is because his armor is naturally made up of a hard substance that the polystone can replicate very well. His throne looks perfect made of stone. The only Fabric on Doom is his cape and tunic which is perfect because it creates a nice contrast for his armor. He looks as though he got zapped out of the comic books and straight onto my shelf.

4be86937.jpg

89358b6d.jpg

Ok, so here is what I am talking about. Is he going for a Sunday morning jog in those sweatpants? And what's up with the little shorts that he is wearing over his regular pants? Also, what is that finger doing just dangling by its lonesome on his right hand? Plus the belt is always droopy.

All these things have bothered me. I can't think of one thing on Doom that looks out of place or is tacky.

Now granted Captain America is a great PF but definitely not the best PF ever made- not by a long shot.

Last edited:
You can NOT take issue with that finger.

If the hand was just relaxed, he would look as if he were posing.

This finger by itself makes him look all tense and ready to pounce.

No, seriously -- don't dissect the pieces, look at the whole. The Captain really is a statue that completely captures both the character and the appearance. And the double pants thingy probably has a strict canonical explanation, too.

As a collector who owns both Doom and Cap exclusives

I have a friend who owns both The Fantastic Four and Transformers on DVD. He prefers The Fantastic Four. :lol

I must agree that Doom blows the Captain America PF out of the water- no question about that!

Just the fact that in your opinion Doom "blows Captain America out of the water" shows how irrational you are. ;) They're both great in their execution; the preference for either will probably have a tendency to come down to which character itself is favored. That and how much someone paid for it. :D

Its fun to watch you Doom fanatics get riled up sometimes. :naughty

I have a friend who owns both The Fantastic Four and Transformers on DVD. He prefers The Fantastic Four. :lol

Just the fact that in your opinion Doom "blows Captain America out of the water" shows how irrational you are. ;) They're both great in their execution; the preference for either will probably have a tendency to come down to which character itself is favored. That and how much someone paid for it. :D

Its fun to watch you Doom fanatics get riled up sometimes. :naughty

Irrational?! :lol I seriously find that offensive. Just because you are a super Captain America fanboy and can't see past your love for the character makes you completely irrational.

It's also fun to watch you gnay Captain America fanboys get riled up. Captain America is probably one of Marvel's lamest super heroes ever created. He doesn't do anything but come off as a by the book, can do no wrong, tool. :monkey4:lol

Captain America= Gay. (No offense to any gay people. There is just no other word to describe a hot pants, camel toe wearing wuss.)

You can NOT take issue with that finger.

If the hand was just relaxed, he would look as if he were posing.

This finger by itself makes him look all tense and ready to pounce.

No, seriously -- don't dissect the pieces, look at the whole. The Captain really is a statue that completely captures both the character and the appearance. And the double pants thingy probably has a strict canonical explanation, too.
I CAN take issues with the finger because it looks completely awkward and unnatural. IT makes no sense. NO ONE stands like that with their hand flexed that way, NO ONE! Plus, he is posing, NO ONE stands on a battlefield like that because they will get blasted away. Only a complete retard would stand there like an eagle scout in the way of fire.

I am glad Captain America is dead now because seriously his little Goody Two Shoes act was annoying and dated. Hopefully he will come back with a pair of balls so he can fight evil the right way. :monkey1

Irrational?! :lol I seriously find that offensive. Just because you are a super Captain America fanboy and can't see past your love for the character makes you completely irrational.

It's also fun to watch you gnay Captain America fanboys get riled up. Captain America is probably one of Marvel's lamest super heroes ever created. He doesn't do anything but come off as a by the book, can do no wrong, tool. :monkey4:lol

Captain America= Gay. (No offense to any gay people. There is just no other word to describe a hot pants, camel toe wearing wuss.)

Your making fun of Captain America's outfit? :confused:

What about Doom??? He walks around in an Iron suit all day. He is lounging around sitting on his throne encased in metal. He is probably starring at that goblet wondering how I am going to drink this without spilling all over the inside of my mask. Where is my straw!!!. And whats with the little green robe? Is he trying to stay warm? Is it to be inconspicuous? It is pretty hard to sneak around clanging around in a full suit of armour. :google

Your making fun of Captain America's outfit? :confused:

What about Doom??? He walks around in an Iron suit all day. He is lounging around sitting on his throne encased in metal. He is probably starring at that goblet wondering how I am going to drink this without spilling all over the inside of my mask. Where is my straw!!!. And whats with the little green robe? Is he trying to stay warm? Is it to be inconspicuous? It is pretty hard to sneak around clanging around in a full suit of armour. :google

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Hey at least it looks cool and strikes fear in the heart of naysayers! :rock

I can tell you who wont win statue of the year in 2008....Stealth Iron Man..:lol

Last edited:
Back