The Hulk movie Blue Ray recall!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTH!!! I opened mine and a small vietnamies child popped out and started reinacting the movie scene by scene. Damn Asian piracy! :horror

I rented the new film, giving it a second shot as I didn't care for it in theaters, and yeah, it's definitely not a good movie. Some of it is quite decent, like the beginning showing Banner controlling his inner demons, but the rest of it was extremely mediocre and bland and at times just plain dumb. Call Ang's film a downer and too serious, but the film is genuine and honest and stylish and beautiful. And it has a depth to the psychology of its characters that the new film can't hold a candle too. Also, on a purely superficial level, the new Hulk pales greatly in comparison to Ang Lee's film. First off, Ang's film had much more action and the action we got was much more dynamic and visceral, not to mention the effects were far more believable and detailed. The new Hulk, aside from in the Kong scene in the rain atop the mountain, looked like a bad graphic from a PS3 game. There was no depth or texture or fluid motion to the new digital creation. It just looked bad. But I guess it suited the film quite well in that respect. ;)

Last edited:
I have to agree with Krypto and Scubasteve
The first Hulk improves with repeat viewings and for me is the better movie. I still enjoyed the new Hulk movie and I hope there's a sequel.

I have to agree with Krypto and Scubasteve
The first Hulk improves with repeat viewings and for me is the better movie. I still enjoyed the new Hulk movie and I hope there's a sequel.

I agree with ALL of you. I really enjoyed Ang Lees Hulk. I also really enjoyed the new movie. I'm really hoping they can put together a sequel as they just tapped the surface of the Hulk.

Are you people's serious??
Ang Lee's movie fails big time once those dogs turn in to Milo the Dog...
I mean, some things that work on comic books, DON'T on live action movies...

HulkDog1.jpg

I liked the new one way better...

Yeah, the new Hulk was far better IMO... Ang Lee's had some good bits, but not much.

Glad my Hulk BR had the right movie in it and not the old Hulk... :google

The fight with the dogs was great I thought. Mutant dogs is no more silly than a man who grows into a 15 foot green monster when he gets angry. And the sequence was quite beautiful with some epic shots in the redwoods. And Hulk lifting the hind legs of the one dog and punching him in the balls - such a cool moment. They tried for similar moments in the new film, but there was little impact and the action sequences (especially towards the end) came off as something more like a video game than a feature film.

I'm doubtful there will be a sequel given the somewhat lackluster performance of the new one. It cost more than Lee's film and sold less tickets. Hulk will probably show up next time in Avengers and I wouldn't get my hopes up for Norton to return given all of the problems he had during post on the new film.

got mine late friday, watched a couple of times really like it as well as the first hulk movie.
it's hard to compare blu-ray to reg dvd, without having them side by side, but blu-ray sure looks good.

Lee's had little action. Look, for a Marvel movie, I expect these things.

Good story.
Good Action
Good Characters.

You miss ONE of those, and its a fail for me.

Ghost Rider/FF2 missed all of those.

Lee's had little action. Look, for a Marvel movie, I expect these things.

Good story.
Good Action
Good Characters.

You miss ONE of those, and its a fail for me.

Ghost Rider/FF2 missed all of those.

yeah i have to agree, both GR/FF2 both did nothing for me. GR more than fan four.

Lee's had little action.

No it didn't. It had more action than Incredible Hulk on a purely minute-by-minute basis. The desert/San Francisco sequence which is nothing but a roller coaster ride of one action sequence after another is nearly 30 minutes I believe. And the fight with the mutant dogs, the breaking of the lab, the fight with his father, etc. The movie is very action packed, yet still maintains its characters and themes. You should watch the film again. ;)

Also they made a big deal in the new one that the Hulk would not be leaping around at great altitude. I for one loved that he could do that in the first movie. I have to agree that the desert/San Francisco fight was awesome. The first movie had two very emotional scenes for me, the flash backs of his mother before he changes and when his father kisses him good night as a child always brings tears to my eyes. I guess I am just a big softy especially after I became a dad

Also they made a big deal in the new one that the Hulk would not be leaping around at great altitude. I for one loved that he could do that in the first movie. I have to agree that the desert/San Francisco fight was awesome. The first movie had two very emotional scenes for me, the flash backs of his mother before he changes and when his father kisses him good night as a child always brings tears to my eyes. I guess I am just a big softy especially after I became a dad

"Fear. Perhaps, Miss Ross. And loneliness, too. Yes. I feel them both. But I have lived completely once. I was so much in love. And she so much wanted a baby. My baby. I could tell from the moment she conceived that it wasn't a son I had given her, but something else. A monster, maybe. I should have put a stop to it right then, but I was curious, and that was my downfall. And as I watched this tiny life unfold, I began to imagine the horror of it, and my curiosity was replaced with compassion. But they took away my chance to cure him. Your father threw me out. I remember that day so well. Every moment. Every sensation. Walking into the house. The feeling of the handle of the knife in my hand. I knew I was doing a father's work, fulfilling a father's mercy... but then she surprised me. It was as if she and the knife merged. You cannot imagine the unbearable finality of it. And in that one moment, I took everything that was dear to me and transformed it into nothing more than a memory."

That's probably my favorite part of the film. Very powerful and Nolte is excellent.

Back