The Hot Toys Wishlist Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes figure from Hot Toys?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 78 30.1%
  • Maybe... the movie was alright.

Votes: 35 13.5%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 146 56.4%

• Total voters
Re: Hot Toys SHERLOCK HOLMES, anybody?

Definitely! When I saw a poster for it in the cinema, I thought "Wow, that would make for some great HT figures".

I want some Sherlock figures!

Thought maybe this could be a separate thread from the Official Hot Toys discussion thread. More of a Wish list/Wants thread

So far as of now HT has 4 DX's out to retailers, 2 scheduled for release and 1 unplanned DX

-DX01 TDK Joker
-DX02 TDK Batman
-DX03 Michael Jackson
-DX04 Bruce Lee
-DX05 Indiana Jones
-DX06 Captain Jack Sparrow
-DX07 Batman 1989
-DX08 Joker 1989
-DX09 Bespin Luke Skywalker

So what iconic characters would you like to see get the DX treatment from Hot Toys??

Heres what Id like to see eventually in either DX or regular MMS release:

-DX T-800 (T2) Battle Damaged version
-DX DARTH VADER (ESB) Cloud City Diorama base
-DX LUKE SKYWALKER (ROTJ) Jedi Knight
-HAN SOLO
-CHEWBACCA
-DX ROCKY BALBOA (Rocky) with Boxing and Training Gear
-DX RAMBO (First Blood)
-DX ROBOCOP (Robocop)
-DX MAXIMUS (Gladiator)
-CONAN (Original)
-ERIC DRAVEN (The Crow)
-MARTY (AND/OR) DOC BROWN (Back to the Future)
-DX INCREDIBLE HULK (just for sheer size)
-GANDALF THE GREY (The Hobbit/Fellowship of the Ring)
-ARAGORN (LOTR)
-LEGOLAS (LOTR)
-LURTZ (LOTR)
-GIMLI (LOTR)
-SAURON (LOTR)
-HOBBITS Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin (LOTR)
-BOROMIR (LOTR)
-GOLLUM/SMEAGOL (LOTR)
-ELVIS PRESLEY
-MARILYN MONROE
-MAD HATTER (Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland)
-WILLY WONKA (Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
-ICHABOD CRANE (Sleepy Hollow)
-AGENT SANDS (Once Upon a Time in Mexico)
-DX EDWARD SCISSORHANDS (Civilian Wardrobe)
-BARNABAS COLLINS (Tim Burton's Dark Shadows)
-ASH CAMPBELL (Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness)
-DRACULA (Universal Monsters)
-FRANKENSTEIN (Universal Monsters)
-WOLFMAN (Universal Monsters)
-MUMMY (Universal Monsters)
-CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (Universal Monsters)
-JASON VOORHEES (Friday the 13th, Part VI or VII)
-FREDDY KRUEGER (NOES Part III)
-LEATHERFACE (Original)
-MICHAEL MYERS (Original)

Those, I guess, are my most wanted. I might have gotten a little carried away :lol

Last edited:
Re: *****Hot Toys DX Wishlist*****

Would love to see the Pred 1 get the Dx treatment, Terminator 1 battle damaged, Maximus is a great one your all ready mentioned. Winnfield & Vega from Pulp Fiction would be awesome, two characters who have been on my wish list for a long time now & the Bride from Kill Bill. I'll stop there, cause I could go on for ever ;)

Rocky DX (anyone would be fine, except for the last one as he is too old there)

T800 Arnie (Battle damaged version)

Incredible Hulk

Rambo 3 DX

Samurai DX (any Samurai would be good, maybe from Seven Samurai)

But of course my most wanted one is Superman DX.

Would love to see the Pred 1 get the Dx treatment, Terminator 1 battle damaged, Maximus is a great one your all ready mentioned. Winnfield & Vega from Pulp Fiction would be awesome, two characters who have been on my wish list for a long time now & the Bride from Kill Bill. I'll stop there, cause I could go on for ever ;)

I thought about adding the P1 on the list, which...I think I may now, but Im thinking that HT will be giving us an updated Classic from Predators so, dont know if a DX will be needed anymore on that guy. :)

Though, the Classic isnt the P1...so we'll have to see :lol

Re: The Official Hot Toys Wishlist Thread!

Alright. From now on, this is the official Hot Toys Wishlist thread. No others will be allowed. Doesn't have to be DX-centric. This post is subject to change if other mods or the admin disagrees with me.

Alex deLarge - A Clockwork Orange
The Bride - Kill Bill
Matrix - Neo and Trinity Lobby scene
Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs
Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Johnny Utah from Point Break
Bodhi from Point Break
Carlos Oliveira from Resident Evil 2 movie
Eric Draven The Crow
Ving Rhames from Dawn of Dead
Josh Brolin from No country for old men
Danny Trejo from Machete/Predators
Walton Goggins from Predators

Last edited:
Dexter Morgan from DEXTER

Michael Myers from the Original 1978 Halloween

Fatburn from Predators

Classic From Predators DX with Totem

Young John Connor from T2 , with all the goodies (backpack filled with computer , endo arm , chip , money) and his dirtbike

Nurse Joker from TDK

Kyle Reese from T1

in no particular order :nana:

I'm not a huge PERS fan myself, because it tends not to look as good as painted eyes in general, the eyes sometimes don't line up all that well, and it tends to break, though HT is improving on this front. As I've suggested elsewhere, I would prefer HT to just give us two+ heads with painted eyes for fancy releases. A "clean" head looking forward, and a "damaged"/smeared paint/different expressioned/etc. head looking to the left or right, or up or down, or whatever.

I think this worked brilliantly with: BR Joker (smeared paint), T-1000 (Donut head), and T-1 T-800 (BD eye). No need for the DX for those guys at that point.

Sure, some folks will still want more options, and will never be happy with T-1000 looking left when he really looked to the right in that scene (or whatever). But you're often trading in that option for a flawed, often weird looking gimmick that, in my view, doesn't really give you much that you need if you can have the shifty eyes painted on. Cartoony Joker, spaced out Michael Jackson, etc. have got to go.

I'd like them to continue with PERS if and only if a squinty character like T2 T-800 still gets his squinting eyes, the eyes are the right colour and the mechanism is stronger & less prone to breakage.

I'd really like T2 and T1 T-800s that can look left, right or down as opposed to the permanent upward stare we have so far.

I do think a big issue with PERS is HT not making the eyes squinty enough. And maybe that's not a problem necessarily inherent to PERS, but it has been an issue thus far. . .

I'd kinda just like to have Keaton Bats and Reeve Superman see the light of day before wishing for anything else.

Back