The Hot Toys Han Solo looks more like ( ) than Harrison Ford Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeesFanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I like the new Hot Toys New Hope Han Solo. Sure, the headsculpt could use some improvements here and there, but I see Harrison Ford's likeness in it.

However, many don't and they see, not Harrison Ford, but the following actors/musicians/celebrities in the sculpt:

John Travolta
Dennis Miller
Steve Guttenberg
Jim Morrison
Ben Stiller
James Brolin
Jeff Goldblum
Tom Wopat
Mark Wahlberg
Mark Ruffalo
Hugh Jackman
Christian Bale
Gregory Harrison
Hart Bochner
Eric Bana
Tom Cruise
Thomas Jane
Zack Snyder
Keanu Reeves
Richard Hatch
John Fogerty
Zach Braff
Steve Martin
Nathan Fillion
Dane Cook
Leslie Nielsen
Tony Blair
Marc Singer
Sam Neill
Sandra Bernhard (It's uncanny)
Michael Brandon

What do you think?

No actor in particular, just NOT Harrison Ford. Other than the scar on his chin, I don't think it really resembles him at all. Maybe it's supposed to be the actor playing Han Solo at the Disney Theme Park Star Wars Days or something.

Thank goodness someone started this thread. :clap

We are not going to quietly take whatever HT ditches to us.
Especially not, with the kind of money that they are getting from us.

First up: this is a joke thread.

Second: One thread of whining isn't enough? Really?

Third: I'm buyin'! :woo

What do you think?

I prefer to keep my complaint in the product thread so my words can maximally harm the enjoyment of people who form their relative attachment to high-end celebrity dolls based on the opinions of strangers on the Internet.

Also, since you ask, I'm a Mets fan, so everything about you more or less offends me. :wink1:

I prefer to keep my complaint in the product thread so my words can maximally harm the enjoyment of people who form their relative attachment to high-end celebrity dolls based on the opinions of strangers on the Internet.

Also, since you ask, I'm a Mets fan, so everything about you more or less offends me. :wink1:

I'm hurt. :lol You know, it's not too late to jump on the bandwagon! Would you rather root for a bunch of overpaid ballplayers who struggle to reach 85 wins or a bunch of overpaid ballplayers who struggle to reach 75 wins? The choice is obvious.

MorrisonHotel.jpg

I don't think HT owes anyone anything. I'm only getting Chewie if Han's sculpt doesn't improve.

I decided to do a quick survey on my lunch break. I used a few of the pictures cropped to only show the face and printed them out:

2014-09-25 12.17.22.jpg

These are better quality examples:

Ford or not.jpg

There were four people taking part and none of them could correctly identify who the person in the pictures was supposed to be. One of the participants deduced that it had something to do with Star Wars but that probably had more to do with the person doing the poll than the actual pictures. When I revealed it was a likeness of Ford one of the female participants said, and I quote "-How the hell is that Ford?".

The participants are between 35 and 48 and all are aware who Harrison Ford is.

So pretty conclusive I think, even though the low sample rate might impede the statistical value somewhat. :lol

Back