The Hot Toys 1/6 & 1/4 STAR WARS VISUAL CHECKLIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not ? They've done a million Vaders, and all the standard Dark side users. Why not branch out into extended universe. Which many collectors would like.

They've clearly seen they need to go to comic versions and can branch out with "What If" versions for Marvel Characters......and presumably also alternative comic Batman versions with that Batman announcement.

I can't think of anything else they could do other than Darth Magus, Plaegius, Revan etc. They also have some pretty cool designs.

But we will see.
As much as i'd love them to branch out to older stuff such as KOTOR, Starkiller and other legend stuff, Hot Toys tend to play it safe. How many variants and 2.0 have we got compared to original releases?

They clearly have the skills to surprise us with a Bane, Revan, Malak or Plagueis but i wonder if they believe in the potential of such figures.
To me, taking into account their past moves, they are more likely to dig into more recent material. Ventress, Opress or Sidious from TCW are characters that will speak toa wider audience. Alternate look from main characters are also more likely in my opinion. A fully battle damages vader, a turned Luke Skywalker maybe? Or a Darkside Rey... even though it seems Howard doesn't feel like revisiting the sequels anytime soon.

what will be released under that Dark Side theme that can't be released under a specific movie/TV/Comic/Video Game tag.

This is exactly my point. What will they make under this brand that wouldn't also fall under one of the shows/movies unless they plan to make characters that haven't shown up in live action or a cartoon yet e.g. Darth Plagueis?

1704156325922.png

I can't get over the fact there are way more figures from all this Disney+ Filoni/Kennedy trash than Episode 1, you know, actual Star Wars. I would bet DarkChocobi's entire HT collection that a Jar Jar figure would outsell every single Ashoka character 10 to 1. Heck, a Nute Gunray would outsell them all!

View attachment 679776
Dude…your statement is might actually turns out to be true after that TPM anniversary announcement! Please speak like this way more frequently lol.

Dude…your statement is might actually turns out to be true after that TPM anniversary announcement! Please speak like this way more frequently lol.

LOL! Thanks for thinking I'm clairvoyant, but honestly, I wouldn't advise anyone get their hopes up.

Looking at what HT released for the ROTJ anniversary, we got another Vader and a random 3PO that should have come out under the ANH banner. Everyone here was salivating over so many character possibilities and instead we got nothing interesting.

If HT follows their usual lazy pattern, I expect a repainted battle droid, repainted Maul, and Obi-Padawan at the most. If Storm Troopers had been in TPM, we'd get another 5 repaints of that mold too. I'll be shocked if we see anyone else such as Jar Jar or Nute or even a Panaka.

That aside, let's test my ability to predict future releases - HT, I'd like to see a Sio, complete with battery operated crystal ball accessory:

1704211233675.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see a day and age for two-packs again? With the release of the sandtrooper seargeant, it would have been nice to have a two pack with a grunt or squad leader. Former is probably the best, would've been a neat army-builder pack for some crazy spenders. All the tools are there... Maybe we'll get a BD duo for TPM?

Checked what the snowtrooper duo went for not that long ago. "Only" $370 at Sideshow! Great price and great set.
IMG_4527.jpeg

EDIT: Not that long ago seems to have been seven (7!!!!!) years ago. What the acutal f. Feels like yesterday.... I started this hobby (ie very expensive hoarding disorder) at 2015 with the police shootout Terminator. 17 at the time.

@Chainedstream The Battle Droids are the perfect 2 pack, and feel like the only type of 2 pack we'll ever get again, if we do get them.

Crazy at that price for the Snowtrooper set...that is almost what the OBK Vader comes out to.

I wonder if we'll see a day and age for two-packs again? With the release of the sandtrooper seargeant, it would have been nice to have a two pack with a grunt or squad leader. Former is probably the best, would've been a neat army-builder pack for some crazy spenders. All the tools are there... Maybe we'll get a BD duo for TPM?

Checked what the snowtrooper duo went for not that long ago. "Only" $370 at Sideshow! Great price and great set.
View attachment 683632

EDIT: Not that long ago seems to have been seven (7!!!!!) years ago. What the acutal f. Feels like yesterday.... I started this hobby (ie very expensive hoarding disorder) at 2015 with the police shootout Terminator. 17 at the time.
Been in the 1:6 game since about 2008 myself. Time flies.

Definitely. These covid/strike 2-year delays have made time fly even quicker. How was it like in 08, who were the main players? What was your 1:6 entry?
Main player even then was HT as they were the rising star and grabbing licenses for movie figures but there were still other competitors. Enterbay at the time was better than HT though HT did end up sniping their artists IIRC leading up to Enterbays death. 3A, Sideshow, Medicom et al were all active with releases but Sideshow even back then was known for their crappy bodies. There was still plenty in the way of military from low end to high end with DML, BBI, 21st Century Toys, World Peacekeepers etc all available, though some of those (like 21st Century Toys) were already out/on their way out so mostly product from a few years prior with some of them.

My entry to 1:6 proper was the Takara Kerberos Panzer cop (male) but I did have some low end stuff already (the 12 inch Hasbro Star Wars for example including battle droid, Jango etc). My first HT was a while later with the War Machine mk1 (og plastic version).

Main player even then was HT as they were the rising star and grabbing licenses for movie figures but there were still other competitors. Enterbay at the time was better than HT though HT did end up sniping their artists IIRC leading up to Enterbays death. 3A, Sideshow, Medicom et al were all active with releases but Sideshow even back then was known for their crappy bodies. There was still plenty in the way of military from low end to high end with DML, BBI, 21st Century Toys, World Peacekeepers etc all available, though some of those (like 21st Century Toys) were already out/on their way out so mostly product from a few years prior with some of them.
Good days when competition was fierce. Great for us customers. Thankfully this has returned. Remember Hot Toys teasing Enterbay with their 1/4 Terminator that never was. Funny how Sideshow has managed to keep their figure lines floating with such bad bodies and quality for such long. Hope they invest more in 1:6, their recent Josey is amazing.

My entry to 1:6 proper was the Takara Kerberos Panzer cop (male) but I did have some low end stuff already (the 12 inch Hasbro Star Wars for example including battle droid, Jango etc). My first HT was a while later with the War Machine mk1 (og plastic version).
Nice start! Those old Hasbro figures still look quite alright eg droids. Do you still have the panzer cop in your collection? Seems like a decent figure still holding up.

Good days when competition was fierce. Great for us customers. Thankfully this has returned. Remember Hot Toys teasing Enterbay with their 1/4 Terminator that never was. Funny how Sideshow has managed to keep their figure lines floating with such bad bodies and quality for such long. Hope they invest more in 1:6, their recent Josey is amazing.

Nice start! Those old Hasbro figures still look quite alright eg droids. Do you still have the panzer cop in your collection? Seems like a decent figure still holding up.
I got a few of the Takara Panzer Cops, plus others by DML, HT, Medicom etc. The Takara one was really well designed but obviously pleather was a bad choice for the uniform.

HT was shameless in their rivalry with Enterbay. Enterbay offers Terminator with real leather, HT does one with real leather too. Once Enterbay are defeated, HT go back to cheap pleather. Same with Inart. Inart offer rooted hair, HT starts their Artisan line.

Last edited:
Updated.

My only comment for this release is:

why-huh.gif

I forsee this one spending years on clearance. I am sure there are far more customers asking for a Death Star Commander over this. If HT is willing to make figures of child actors no one asked for, does this give hope for a TPM little orphan Annie figure? Or how about Greedo when he was in Grade 5?

1708879859465.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a TPM Anakin if we're going down that road. They could even spread R&D over two or three iterations between Tatooïne, Naboo and padawan versions. Would have to be much shorter than this Ahsoka though. She stands at 27 inches and TPM Anakin should be around 22.5 inches.

I don't mind this new Ahsoka, will be nice to display with the Clone Wars Obi-Wan and Anakin. Just wish we could have some live action clone wars movies or a show.

Top 10 wants that i'd purchase 100%

- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Padme in Battle Gear
- Jar-Jar
- Anakin Skywalker (both Slave and Jedi garbs).
- Droïdeka
- Nute Gunray
- Rune Haako
- Captain Panaka
- Royal Guard
- Naboo Pilot

Top 10 wants that i'd purchase 100%

- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Padme in Battle Gear
- Jar-Jar
- Anakin Skywalker (both Slave and Jedi garbs).
- Droïdeka
- Nute Gunray
- Rune Haako
- Captain Panaka
- Royal Guard
- Naboo Pilot

I'm not very optimistic considering HT's reputation, but I can see them eventually releasing all these from TPM:

• Padawan Obi-Wan
  • Panaka
  • Royal Guard
  • Repaints of all the Trade Droids
  • TC-14
  • Boba Fett

Back