The Horror! OH THE HORROR!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, how many of you have had the joyous opportunity to repackage all your statues??? I've only gotten three done so far and OMG... it is one of the most stressful things ever!!! I'm starting with the harder ones first.. so hopefully it will get easier. Just pray that all my poly comes out with as many pieces as it started!!!!

I always start with the easy ones first.........so I can warm up to the task rather than start off cold & accidently bump uruk scout etc :horror

Darklord Dave said:
yep, it's horrible - almost wish I'd never taken them out of the box.

Exactly... took my a good two and a half hours of steady work.. but i'm done. No breakage packing them up... now lets hope traveling and unpacking them goes as smoothly.

The only disturbing thing was when i was putting my Morgul Lord in the box, I turned him face down and noticed a hole on his back/shoulder region. I have never damaged him, and there doesn't appear to be any thing that could have bumped him.. so i have no idea what happened. It almost look like a termite drilled into him.. there is debris falling down from the hole... i dunno. Luckily, his back will never be seen....

Tomorrow morning, i'm moving them all over to the new place.. then I will probably unpack them next weekend.

Good luck with the move!!!
I've got to move myself soon. As I was aware of this inconvenience I never unpacked my statues, except for inspection, and they are all still packed up awaiting the inevitable.
:horror

amonhen said:
Good luck with the move!!!
I've got to move myself soon. As I was aware of this inconvenience I never unpacked my statues, except for inspection, and they are all still packed up awaiting the inevitable.
:horror

Then mister you're a better man than I... well.. at least a more patient one... how long have you had them in their boxes?

Same boat here.
I'm moving in a month too. Lucily most of my collection is helms and busts which are easy to pack. With the statues I'm just going to put them half in the styrofoam and put them on my lap for the car ride to the new house.

HighElven said:
Same boat here.
I'm moving in a month too. Lucily most of my collection is helms and busts which are easy to pack. With the statues I'm just going to put them half in the styrofoam and put them on my lap for the car ride to the new house.

I'm doing exactly that for Galadriel, King of the Dead and Mines of Moria. These were the only three I didn't feel comfortable completely repackaging. However, they will have to just sit on the floor in the car. God i want tomorrow to be over already!!!!

The problem with getting them back in the box is that they never seem to fit quite so well as when you got them out. The razorthin paper that was wrapped around it starts to wrinkle, you are not quite sure which side of the statue was fitting in the foam and then there's the part where you dont know where to hold them because most of it can snap off at any time you move your finger in the wrong direction.
Dont you just love repacking? :angelsmil

Jesus, I had enough problems re-packaging the busts!! Good luck!!

When mum was in hospital she wanted to see my new Bucklebury and Weathertop (Dont ask why! Maybe she wanted a sense of normality back!) And they were a bugger to re-package too! You'd think Weathertop at least would go back in easily....but nooooo! And a small thing like the ferry. And no they dont seem to fit anything like they did when I first got them out!

Not yet but I have a few when I do move aren't going back in the boxes because it will just be too scary.

So, all the statues are in their boxes at the new place for now. However, I won't be unpacking them until about Thursday. I didn't feel like anything broke... fingers still crossed!

re: repacking

I did that this past Spring. The hardest part, I thought, was putting that top half of styrofoam over the statue. I kept thinking I would bend something or cause something to get kinked when I slipped it into the box. And then to make matters worse, all of our belongings had to sit in storage for almost 2 months while we waited for our house to get done. So there were 4 opportunities for something to get broken from either loading or unloading. Not to mention they were stored in another state. I was a little nervous. Still am, actually, as I haven't opened any of my statues yet. I have a big display cabinet coming this Tuesday so I'll be opening stuff up throughout the week. I'm crossing my fingers.

Darklord Dave said:
yep, it's horrible - almost wish I'd never taken them out of the box.

I hate unpacking/packing these fragile things... that's why most of my figures (Weta & Attakus) are all still in the box, stored in a safe place...

Back