The Hobbit rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kookie said:
At this site there is a rumor that The Hobbit is already under production.

https://derhobbit-film.de/indexengl.shtml

It wouldn't surprise me if PJ has been waiting until Comic Con to give everyone an update on this film.

I'm guessing when it says under production that means concept art...Didn't LOTR's have a year or two of preproduction before any film was shot?

Oh come on. A rumor? where are the facts to back this rumor? Until we see something official from either PJ or newline or Zaentz, it's nothing but a rumor and there is nothing there that says a thing except that it IS a rumor. No reason to get excited IMO.

I'm pretty sure this is a slam dunk. I heard it straight from my wife's hairdressers brothers wife's grandmothers sisters best friends gardener that he over heard someones friends brothers mother that they heard from someone that it's a done deal and pre-production has already started. That's 100% confirmed! :wacky :D

Fritz said:
I'm pretty sure this is a slam dunk. I heard it straight from my wife's hairdressers brothers wife's grandmothers sisters best friends gardener that he over heard someones friends brothers mother that they heard from someone that it's a done deal and pre-production has already started. That's 100% confirmed! :wacky :D

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :lol :rotfl

WHEN the Hobbit is done, it is vital that all the principals be back. Weta, Ian, PJ etc.. What Frank Zappa called conceptual continuity.

Even though I still think PJ lost his way over the course of the trilogy, noone else could possibly be put in charge of the Hobbit. It would be a crime.

I could live without Ian Holm as Bilbo since I think he is allready rather long in the tooth. But I can't imagine anyone else as Gandalf but IM. I think if it happens it won't be for a long old time. :(

Yeah as long as Ian McKellen and PJ are involved i'll be chuffed. But cant see this being produced for a good few years yet.

Just one thing though,

Do Wizards age? or are they always old and wise

If not then they could always make him look younger like in that scene in Xmen 3, where they used computers to reduce his age.

Though Gandalf is 7000 years old so I don't think he have changed much the last 1000 years...
:lol

Last edited:
I'll believe it when its confirmed. There are way too many rumours on the net for this to have any credibility.
Of course, the Hobbit will get made at some point. There's way too much cash in it for a movie studio to let it slide. And I'll be first in line to rake in the statues that'll get made :chew Because the Hobbit is my favourite Tolkien book :chew

pixletwin said:
I agree. With PJ and IM on the record for being in great interest to work on it to say it would be anything less than a slam dunk at the obx offices would be seriously stupid.

Mmmh, who/what is IM - Sir Ian McKellen? :confused:

Back