The Hobbit rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kookie

Super Freak
Reaction score
At this site there is a rumor that The Hobbit is already under production.

https://derhobbit-film.de/indexengl.shtml

It wouldn't surprise me if PJ has been waiting until Comic Con to give everyone an update on this film.

I'm guessing when it says under production that means concept art...Didn't LOTR's have a year or two of preproduction before any film was shot?

don't know but I have a friend in Canada who said that they have begun... Don't know where he heard it though..

I hope it really is in the pre=production phase. If PJ and IM are involved it will be something to look forward to.. I am not holding my breath though.

I'm not going to get excited about a rumor. When there is actual proof or they come out and say it's in the works, let the party begin!

Bah, rumors all rumors. I'll wait till offical word comes out.

On a side note Newline is having a panel on Sunday afternoon of comic-con all about the future of LOTR merchandising and upcoming LOTR 'things'. So we shall see.

There is way to much money to be made for this to not get done sooner then later. With over a 95% failure rate in the movie industry a sure money maker wont stay on the shelf for long.

Especially after Kong.

Jesse

I agree. With PJ and IM on the record for being in great interest to work on it to say it would be anything less than a slam dunk at the obx offices would be seriously stupid.

I'm all over this if it gets made. I love The Hobbit. I'd buy SS stuff, Weta, SSW whoever does it.

KAOSINLA said:
I may look to the article with skepticism, but it's only a matter of time before this is in the works IMO.

God I hope so. I absolutely love this book.

I thought The Lovely Bones was PJ's next big passion. I haven't heard anything about it's production.

I would think a project of this magnitude would not get by the press for this long. There would have been so much media by now...

BUT, if it is true, then by all means, get to it PJ!
Soon anyway. I just want it consistant with the others. As best they can anyway.

Newline is planning to have the hobbit movie coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Lord of the Rings for mucho $$$, ie. Trilogy Tuesday all over again--but this time leading off with the Hobbit. Pre-production wouldn't begin until 2011.

youtube have a fake trailer for the Hobbit, not too bad a fake either, made me laugh that my mate thought it was a real one though.
poor fool!:D

tremulant said:
He's also making the Halo movie. I think:rolleyes:

Link for more info. PJ is only listed as executive producer at the moment - out in 2008.

Batty said:
I thought The Lovely Bones was PJ's next big passion. I haven't heard anything about it's production.

Link for more info. On this one he's listed for writing the screenplay together with Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh, and also as director and producer - out in 2007.

Although I'd looooove to see the Hobbit anytime soon, it seems unlikely with the other projects PJ is involved. :eek:

daelith said:
Newline is planning to have the hobbit movie coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Lord of the Rings for mucho $$$, ie. Trilogy Tuesday all over again--but this time leading off with the Hobbit. Pre-production wouldn't begin until 2011.

That would be pretty cool. Another TT would be so so awesome!!!!!!:chew :chew :chew

daelith said:

That would be pretty niffty. Now if only Newline had the rights to "The Hobbit". Maybe by then...maybe by then.

Back