The Guyver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosaicsquare

Super Freak
Reaction score
Maybe I'm totally jaded with the recent releases but I've found myself really wanting a Zoanoid Guyver figure from The Guyver: Dark Hero and sure Sean Barker too...

2qs77nl.jpg

Yes... the Zoanoid Guyver he looks waaay more baddass than the Guyver himself. I don't know if it was Steve Wang's intentions but this guy looks like a Predator in a Guyver suit.

Anywhos I wanted to start this thread to open up disscussions on getting this guy made along with David Hayter/Guyver Snake or whatever.

To my knowledge the original Max Factory kits are rather rare nowadays. Has anyone bought those cheap recasts on eBay from those Thai sellers?...

You can do this using the old movie Vinyl model kits, there are a million of them on ebay. Their hollow, so you cut out the pieces, get a thin body and a black body suit, and they are pretty easy to make.

YES, you can do this using model kits but if you read anything I posted you would notice that I mentioned the original kits being scarce and the only ones available are recasts from thailand.

Last edited:
I know the kit is rare, but why don't you just buy the Wang kit? That's what that figure is made from.

Yeah thats what I'm looking for the Steve Wang kit. Have you personally purchase the kits from those Thai dealers on ebay? Hows the quality on those?

Yeah thats what I'm looking for the Steve Wang kit. Have you personally purchase the kits from those Thai dealers on ebay? Hows the quality on those?

don't buy that crap man, unless you want a cheap recast. I have the original Wang Guyver and Zoanoid kits. Just keep your eye on ebay man, they pop up every once in awhile. You should be able to pull both of them for less than a $100 each. Seeing as nobody will prolly ever pick up the license, it would be hard to get a better Guyver piece unless you commission someone to do it. If I had like 3k sitting around, I would defn commission a 1/4 or 1/3 full size Guyver piece.

don't buy that crap man, unless you want a cheap recast. I have the original Wang Guyver and Zoanoid kits. Just keep your eye on ebay man, they pop up every once in awhile. You should be able to pull both of them for less than a $100 each. Seeing as nobody will prolly ever pick up the license, it would be hard to get a better Guyver piece unless you commission someone to do it. If I had like 3k sitting around, I would defn commission a 1/4 or 1/3 full size Guyver piece.

Why not keep it at 1/6? I'm thinking more along the lines of finding somone to work with these kits. We should find a sculptor to sculpt brand new parts to replace some of the parts that are distorted because of pose selected for these kits. Perphaps a few new hands and virbration blades to swap too.

Also I've notice most people's approach to kitbashing these is cutting the armor and gluing the pieces to a black suit.... I'd much rather have someone sculpt the muscle fibres onto a body and then put the armor on. The idea came from looking at the HT Predators. Those bodies are all basically truetype bodies with scales sculpter on the certain areas.

Last but not least I want to look into replacing the eyes with clear compound eyes much like the ones from the movie...

I made a few myself recently (using cheap but very nice recasts) but their based more on the Manga versions. I have done Guyver 1 and 3 and have yet to start Guyver 2. I also still have to do the neck pipes with which i will use bendy pipe or maybe stretched hot glue which is workable when still quite warm. The kits have them but they are too solid to be of any use. They are both fully articulated but there is some restriction for having the arms by their sides.

When using the kits its easier to either heat them with a hairdryer or hot water then cut them up and reshape them if need be. I used a narrow TT and ACI body for the 2 ive done so far. I resculpted and cut and moved parts on Guyver 3 and used a spare kit for the helmet spikes and extra vibroblades, the rest i resculpted.

Ive read the Zoanoid Guyver is quite thin in the arm and leg department and would need additional sculpting on the back to bulk it out.

P1020597.jpg

P1020600.jpg

P1020598.jpg

P1020596-1.jpg

P1020703.jpg

P1020825.jpg

P1020824.jpg

P1020823.jpg

P1020822.jpg

P1020828.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I'm totally jaded with the recent releases but I've found myself really wanting a Zoanoid Guyver figure from The Guyver: Dark Hero and sure Sean Barker too...

2qs77nl.jpg

Yes... the Zoanoid Guyver he looks waaay more baddass than the Guyver himself. I don't know if it was Steve Wang's intentions but this guy looks like a Predator in a Guyver suit.

Anywhos I wanted to start this thread to open up disscussions on getting this guy made along with David Hayter/Guyver Snake or whatever.

To my knowledge the original Max Factory kits are rather rare nowadays. Has anyone bought those cheap recasts on eBay from those Thai sellers?...

Recent releases of Guyver stuff?! Where?! WHEN?!

I have a Kit that I painted and put together myself. I will post pics when I get home.

i have the 2 anime versions of guyver 1 and 3 in kit form but like every other project i need to find time!!,lol, think the movie version kit is more 1/6 accurate

I made a few myself recently (using cheap but very nice recasts) but their based more on the Manga versions. I have done Guyver 1 and 3 and have yet to start Guyver 2. I also still have to do the neck pipes with which i will use bendy pipe or maybe stretched hot glue which is workable when still quite warm. The kits have them but they are too solid to be of any use. They are both fully articulated but there is some restriction for having the arms by their sides.

When using the kits its easier to either heat them with a hairdryer or hot water then cut them up and reshape them if need be. I used a narrow TT and ACI body for the 2 ive done so far. I resculpted and cut and moved parts on Guyver 3 and used a spare kit for the helmet spikes and extra vibroblades, the rest i resculpted.

Ive read the Zoanoid Guyver is quite thin in the arm and leg department and would need additional sculpting on the back to bulk it out.

P1020597.jpg

P1020600.jpg

P1020598.jpg

P1020596-1.jpg

P1020703.jpg

P1020825.jpg

P1020824.jpg

P1020823.jpg

P1020822.jpg

P1020828.jpg

do you think standing Guyver 1 next to a random hot toys figure just so If the recasted kit looks unaturally small. having watch the movie over and over again the Guyver helmets should look a little big when compared to a human head.

Back