The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulf

Super Freak
Reaction score
I created this thread so we could discuss the figures from The Force Awakens with spoilers so we don't risk spoiling anything in the other figure threads.

Now that you've seen the movie, how will this affect your buying choices? What do you feel is missing from certain characters and so on? Feel free to discuss anything.

Okay cool we have a separate thread :)

Well I'm definitely buying less after the film, mainly due to their limited screen time.

Captain Phasma was practically useless.

Snowtroopers don't do anything at all, so I'm not too interested in getting those anymore.

Luke in it for less than a minute. I was really hoping this rumour didn't turn out correct. I'll be waiting for the next film for him.

R2 and C3PO just had cameos, so no interest in picking them up.

I was really hoping Leia had ended up a Jedi and at least would do some fighting or something. She was just another one that stood around. I doubt her role will be bigger in the next film unfortunately, but I think they should include her more now that Harrison won't be returning.

Didn't really care all that much about Poe Dameron really, though I suppose BB-8 will be teamed up with him for the future.

Will be getting Kylo, Rey/BB-8, Finn, First Officer Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper set and Han.

Captain Phasma was my biggest disappointment. Such a cool looking character only to be wrecked and thrown into garbage (trash compactor was it?). I thought she was going to be the Boba Fett of the new movies but she didn't even do anything in the movie. She had like 2 lines. This is a character they made solely to sell merchandise in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't buy any Phasma collectibles before watching this movie. Was tempted to pre-order the Hot Toys figure and buy the die-cast figurine from Disney Store but I don't see that happening now. What a shame, the character looks so cool.

If they make another Kylo figure there's potential there to include more accessories (Vader helmet etc) and a headsculpt. I guess with them wanting to get the figure relesed asap it was hard as they had to avoid spoilers but I imagine a Kylo 2.0 will be made.

He wore a 2nd costume apparently without the hood and drapes. So i suppose a 2.0 would be the version with removable costume pieces.

Captain Phasma was my biggest disappointment. Such a cool looking character only to be wrecked and thrown into garbage (trash compactor was it?). I thought she was going to be the Boba Fett of the new movies but she didn't even do anything in the movie. She had like 2 lines. This is a character they made solely to sell merchandise in my opinion.
To me that's exactly being the Boba Fett of the new movies.

I doubt they will make a Luke figure for this movie. Would it really sell? 30 second of screen time.

It depends on the budget...Stormtroopers variants are way too many to get everything. Snowtroops are pretty insignificant, Flametroop is cool for just...two seconds?
Priorities: Couple of Stormies (I want the heavy one), Kylo Ren, Poe Dameron, Finn and Rey+BB8. Then I'll consider Flametroops or Phasma.

What's everyone buying then after seeing the film?

Rey for sure. She was my favorite character after Finn, which I'm also buying. Not sure about Rey + BB-8 set since I already have the Sphero BB-8 which looks kinda better than the Hot Toys one. Kylo Ren is a definite purchase. Already own the Squad Leader Stormtrooper since a couple of weeks back but will be getting more Stormtroopers without the shoulder pad. No Snowtroopers for me tho since they were pretty much absent from the movie and their designs aren't that good as the standard Stormtrooper imo. If they make an old Han Solo I'd get it depending on the likeness. Harrison Ford's likeness is so hard to capture, I feel no figure as of yet has really done him justice. Captain Phasma is that one character that I feel looks so damn cool but isn't worth the money... I'm sure she'll return in the sequels and get a bigger role, getting revenge on Finn for an example.. but then we might get a new Phasma collectible with cooler accessories. Who knows..? C-3PO is a no buy for me considering the lack of screen-time and ugly red arm that was only there for selling new toys. I might get a R2 since I don't own one and only heard bad things about the Sideshow version.

Would love to have this in my collection.

2015-12-17 23.17.46.jpg

Also how ridiculous was it for C3P0 to have a red arm. There's no reason story wise for that. It's just annoying because it looked stupid lol.

And I thought Kylo was some sort of menacing villain who turns out to be a whiny ***** that throws tantrums that even the Stormtroopers shun him.

Back