The Flash - March 16, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this film is heading for trouble. Two directors have left and if they don't get a good one to jump on board with their 'vision' I'll probably lower expectations drastically.

It's embarrassing for WB. Same happened to Marvel when the Antman director left the film. It seems these indie directors don't want to follow the "one for me and one for them" mantra for success in Hollywood :dunno

Not too worried. Tons of superhero films (both Marvel and DC) have had to deal with this. Just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Personally, I thought Famuyiwa was a step up from Grahame-Smith and I was excited when he was attached to the project. I really enjoyed Dope and I thought he could bring the right energy to a character like The Flash. I'm disappointed that he's no longer attached, but simultaneously worried and...not. I was a bit surprised when he said that he wanted something edgier than DC did. For a company that had Superman and Batman both being much, much more flawed than their comic book counterparts, I have a difficult time imagining what could be too edgy. Maybe they're adapting, which could be a good thing.

Personally, I thought Famuyiwa was a step up from Grahame-Smith and I was excited when he was attached to the project. I really enjoyed Dope and I thought he could bring the right energy to a character like The Flash. I'm disappointed that he's no longer attached, but simultaneously worried and...not. I was a bit surprised when he said that he wanted something edgier than DC did. For a company that had Superman and Batman both being much, much more flawed than their comic book counterparts, I have a difficult time imagining what could be too edgy. Maybe they're adapting, which could be a good thing.

So you're saying that Famuyiwa would've made a... DOPE Flash film?

BA-DOOM-SHH!
RtEy4Et.gif

fQuCdik.gif

I already have pretty low expectations for this movie and Aquaman (hopefully when we see them fleshed out in JL that will change) and i'm not sure what to think of Justice League yet.

I do have high hopes for Wonder Woman though. :pray:

Same happened to Marvel when the Antman director left the film.
Yet it wasn't such a terrible film after all (just meh, mostly because half the script sucked) and people loved it like crazy. Can't blame Hollywood for doin' bad things when the audience says "PUKE ALL OVER MY BRAIN PLIZ OH YES!"
Good director can't save the film from a bad script that was approved by a bunch of tastless producers. Or the director may not be fittin' for the project. Who knows?!

I am still optimistic, mostly because so far I liked everything regardin' this new Flash.

Back