The Five Stages of Star Wars Fandom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing ANH in the movies when i was just a little snapper. As far as i can remember my mum took me to see it at least 3 times when i was a little kid. I remember a vinyl caped jawa figure being thrown around my lounge room being sliced down by luke. I remember sitting at the drive in when i was only child wathcing all 3 movies while my parents fell asleep in the front of the car. SW has been around all my life. Im not interested in the EU or CW in the slightest. While i didnt mind the PT it just didnt have the 'magic' the OT did. SE versions just made me sad.
For me SW is the untampered OT and always will be, when it was actually called SW, ESB and ROTJ, not anh or ep v or ep vi.
Im not 'bashing' all the others, but just not interested. I have several versions of the OT non SE floating around in various formats and thats all i need :)

IMO, i hate it when people need to rationalize what they like and dislike. personally, star wars has a very special place in my heart. i remember moving from California to Taiwan when i was about 4. albeit english was my first language but the mind of a 4 year old forgets as quickly as it soaks up. so by the time i was 6 i had all but forgotten how to speak english. when we went back to the states to live, i remember finding my brothers VHS version of ESB and watching it over and over again. i was amazed...i was hooked. and in a way i guess you can say, star wars re-introduced me to the english language. i subsequently must have seen the original trilogy 50 times each. the universe captured my imagination and me, the jedi became a fascination and a obsession, that galaxy far far away in many ways as a child was more real to me than the milky way. i think in the end..that is the essence of SW. to capture ones' imagination. i recently did a dvd marathon of all 6 movies with my 3 nephews which are 8, 6, and 4 years old. i can see it in their eyes that they are mesmerized by what they saw....a world, a galaxy, a whole borderless universe filled with endless opportunities. and that to me, is the point of it all...movies are meant to be there for our escapes. what better escape could there be? than to a galaxy filled with talking animal like space creatures, pod races, laser swords, mystical powers, galactic feuds, family mystery and a 7 foot tall man in a black suit with a big black helmet speaking as if he had throat cancer while the wind catches his dark cape? i love sw...all of them. perhaps not every scene in every movie, but i love the idea of it.

Last edited:
IMO, i hate it when people need to rationalize what they like and dislike. personally, star wars has a very special place in my heart. i remember moving from California to Taiwan when i was about 4. albeit english was my first language but the mind of a 4 year old forgets as quickly as it soaks up. so by the time i was 6 i had all but forgotten how to speak english. when we went back to the states to live, i remember finding my brothers VHS version of ESB and watching it over and over again. i was amazed...i was hooked and in a way star wars re-introduced me to the english language. i subsequently must have seen the original trilogy 50 times each. the universe captured my imagination and me, the jedi became a fascination and a obsession, that galaxy far far away in many ways as a child was more real to me than the milky way. i think in the end..that is the essence of SW. to capture ones' imagination. i recently did a dvd marathon of all 6 movies with my 3 nephews which are 8, 6, and 4 years old. i can see it in their eyes that they are mesmerized by what they see....a world, a galaxy, a whole borderless universe filled with endless opportunities. and that to me, is the point of it all...movies are meant to be there for our escapes. what better escape could there be? i

:goodpost:Nicely put BankruptCollector. I grew up watching the OT in the theaters when they first came out, since I was born in 1969, so they have a special place in my heart as a childhood memory. I still love them now just as much as I did as a kid, along with Alien, Jaws and many, many others that I saw growing up.

hmm.

1994 was the first time I saw Star Wars.Local Channel had a week of blockbuster movies, Superman etc.They played Empire Strikes Back and at the first sight of the AT-AT I was hooked although back then I didn't know it.

Fast forward to 2001 I grabbed Return of the Jedi, loved it so watched Empire and New Hope.lol So I watched them all out of order and loved each one. PT has its faults but also some great stuff.I still cant watch Revenge of the Sith course the Order 66 part kills me. I don't know I guess everyone loves Star Wars in their own way. Maybe Lucas didn't live up to the expectations we all had from the OT but I sometimes wonder if anything could have.

Back