The Dude Person's Nien Nunb Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the dude person

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yup, that's right! The alien I sculpted is none other than Nien Nunb... of course since I didn't incorporate Nunb's hat into the sculpt, it can be used for Sullustans in general. Here's a few preliminary pics, I will have more by tomorrow! (apparently there have been no posts in the SW customs section for a whopping seven hours!!! and on a Friday night too! At least on the east cost USA...I guess everyone's just too busy customizing! Of course the peeps in the UK are probably asleep by now... :lol... or partying very hard... :naughty)

FILE0711.jpg

FILE0713.jpg

I hope some of you already knew I made Nunb... I did leave some hints in Dorgs's Delta Squad thread, he's in the background with some of the grenade pics!

nunbgrenade1.jpg

nunbgrenade2.jpg

I have already told Dorgs I'd send him one, and BHD2, if you're still gonna send me a free saber like you offered, I'll gladly send a cast to you if you want one! Just say the word... ;)

sorry folks, but I can't give out free ones to everyone... unlike Dorgs, whose clone army is quite large, I still am desperately seeking funds to expand mine... so at some point these'll be on eBay. If you want one and are willing to pay around $15 or so for it, PM me at some point and I will give you the link to the eBay listing once I set it up.

Of course, maybe all you guys think it's not worth a penny and belongs on the scrapheap, that's understandable too!

Let me know what you think of him!

I think you are off to a great start with your sculpting. I do think, however, that the sculpt could use some smoothing, and since the mold is done it's going to have to be done with some fine sandpaper. Testors makes some great fine grade sanding films.

Now, since you've moved on to Super Sculpey Firm a trick to smooth out your sculpt is to use rubbing alcohol. You can use a flat brush to smooth out large areas, and a smaller round to work on the smaller sections. Would work great on the eyes.

All in all, it looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have coming up with next!

It came out great.

I was wondering what that was in the picture of the grenade the other day, and I totally missed the bit in the other picture.

I think you are off to a great start with your sculpting. I do think, however, that the sculpt could use some smoothing, and since the mold is done it's going to have to be done with some fine sandpaper. Testors makes some great fine grade sanding films.

Now, since you've moved on to Super Sculpey Firm a trick to smooth out your sculpt is to use rubbing alcohol. You can use a flat brush to smooth out large areas, and a smaller round to work on the smaller sections. Would work great on the eyes.

All in all, it looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have coming up with next!

Thanks unsung! This isn't exactly my first sculpt though... I've actually sculpted 2 fairly realistic zombie headsculpts, and I made an attempt at Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, so this is my fourth.... but my first that's Star Wars related!

Thanks for the advice on smoothing, I know I need to sand the casts down... I tried a little scrap of sandpaper, wasn't working well... so I decided I would try to power sand them when I got the chance... but unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance yet! Been too busy fixing all the bubbles and missing parts in the "failed" casts Dorgs sent me, used some old Mighty Putty cuz I didn't want to waste any precious Sculpey! :lol Now I have a near-perfect EPII Clone Helmet and a pair of glove-hands!

This sculpt was the last I'll ever sculpt with my trusty blue oil-based clay, worked pretty well, but just doesn't compare to Sculpey Firm. But actually I had made the head molded, cast a few times, and some of em painted a while before I picked up the Firm... I really have been very lazy, because that was quite a while ago... and the pics were taken about 3 days ago! At least I finally got em up... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, in the process of pulling the oil-based clay sculpt out of the mold, some of his features were somewhat distorted, and I don't think it'd be worth it to go through resculpting it, smoothing it (incredibly difficult with oil-based clay!), and then molding and casting it again... so sandpaper will have to suffice!

Nah, I wouldn't try fixing it...just start over in that Firm! Or start a different one, you'll definitely be pleased with the difference between it and the oil based clay for getting some nice fine facial details.

It came out great.

I was wondering what that was in the picture of the grenade the other day, and I totally missed the bit in the other picture.

Thanks!

You missed the one of the sculpt between the clone's legs? Yeah, I was pretty sneaky with that one, if you're not looking for him, you probably won't see him, but once you know he's there, you have that "oh!" moment where it's suddenly so obvious from that point onward... he does do a good job of blending in with my (fake) wood table...

I always thought it was always interesting when Dorgs or Chakaman took pics of their stuff, with other stuff they were working on in the background, some people would notice and ask about it and then it would get fully revealed...

Nah, I wouldn't try fixing it...just start over in that Firm! Or start a different one, you'll definitely be pleased with the difference between it and the oil based clay for getting some nice fine facial details.

These are probably my two least favorite words, when used in conjunction with each other:

"Start over"

To me they signify utter and complete failure, and the waste of time, energy, and materials.

I am not starting over on Nunb, he's been sculpted, molded, cast, painted, and a paper tube inserted into his hollow neck that mimics the one found inside sideshow troopers and grabs on the the ball joint of the neck post... he is done.

However, I am looking forward to doing a new sculpt in the Firm, I was thinking of trying my hand at a ROTS Anakin (it would be different than yours, trust me! He would look a lot angrier... :monkey3) but I decided that until you finished yours I would just wait so I wouldn't upstage you... I wouldn't want to draw people's attention away from your sculpt... or, in a reverse scenario, have everyone be too busy looking at your sculpt to pay attention to mine... anyway I don't want to compete with anyone here! :D

Today and tomorrow will be largely devoted to reworking clone pieces Dorgs sent me, maybe even painting a few, but I might start a new sculpt if I find time...

You could always just just do some work on a cast version then recast that, instead of starting over. I hate "starting over" too, but I get the joy of doing that quite often.:monkey2

You could always just just do some work on a cast version then recast that, instead of starting over. I hate "starting over" too, but I get the joy of doing that quite often.:monkey2

Oh yeah, that's right, poor you! You work with textiles... I tried to hand-sew a t-shirt once, came out terrible.. not to mention the stitching was huge and distracting... Couldn't do much with it, can't be used for anything...That's why I'm trying to stick to sculpting for now... :D

Excellent dude, nice work!

Thanks! :D

Means a lot coming from the sculpting prodigy who has brought us three perfect aliens so far... which were apparently his first 3 sculpts ever... :monkey1

You're a machine Bid, looking forward to what you come up with next! :D

... Just try not to sculpt everyone in star wars... or else there won't be any customs left to make! :lol

Thanks! :D

Means a lot coming from the sculpting prodigy who has brought us three perfect aliens so far... which were apparently his first 3 sculpts ever... :monkey1

You're a machine Bid, looking forward to what you come up with next! :D

... Just try not to sculpt everyone in star wars... or else there won't be any customs left to make! :lol

Ha ha! sculpting prodigy....gonna try sculpt something tonight once I get the kids tucked up.....any suggestions?? Nien Nunb had crossed my mind before, but you've nailed that one dude/.

Ha ha! sculpting prodigy....gonna try sculpt something tonight once I get the kids tucked up.....any suggestions?? Nien Nunb had crossed my mind before, but you've nailed that one dude/.

:lol sorry I didn't have any ideas for a sculpt, so I used my telepsychotic powers to invade your mind and steal your ideas while you were sleeping... :rotfl no, Dorgs mentioned it would be cool to have Nunb with Lando, and since Nunb had never before been produced in 1/6 scale (not even by Hasbro surprisingly! :horror), I offered to sculpt Nunb for Dorgs. And I did!

You know what you could do, is make a female Sullustan... their heads are elongated like this:

Sullustan.jpg

I think that's a female... sure seems like it... :dunno

that's probably the best pic of one out there.

I think you should go for it Bid!

not bad mate! Like it!

Thanks! Of course, there is absolutely no other 1/6 Nunb sculpt to compare it against... :lol

If this were another person's thread, right about now I'd say "I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! :D"

but since it's my own, I'll say...

I'm looking forward to seeing what I come up with next! :D

:rotfl

I honestly don't know what I'm doing next...

Last edited:
might just have a go tonight then dude, let you know how it turns out!

How did it go Bid? I know it's almost 5:30 AM where you are, just past midnight here tho... :D

Good morning to you, and good night! :lol

Do tell me how it went when you get a chance... heck I don't mind if you posted some piccies right here in my thread!

looks good dude. seen this one on another 1/6 site which looks pretty good too. think you should add a bottom jaw or something. yours seem to not have one. pretty good sculpt either way.

nien.jpg

...nice topic....I really like how all the Sidekick characters get some Love in this Forum....I still have the 3 3/4 inch Figure...it was one of my favorites back in the days....

How did it go Bid? I know it's almost 5:30 AM where you are, just past midnight here tho... :D

Good morning to you, and good night! :lol

Do tell me how it went when you get a chance... heck I don't mind if you posted some piccies right here in my thread!

Well, I had a go at it anyway....didn't get much time and not too pleased with it at the moment, might try tidy it up a bit tonight (I know it's looking rough) and call it finished. Misplaced my little sculpting tool last night (again)!!:monkey2

Nice to try another bit of sculpting anyways!

Back