The Disney Juggernaut

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but as far as creating and promoting safe rehashes playing on vague nostalgia and name recognition, Disney does a much better job than the other guys.

Alice in Wonderland
The Lone Ranger
Oz the Great and Powerful
Maleficent
Cinderella
The Jungle Book

All sucked ass.

True, but as far as creating and promoting safe rehashes playing on vague nostalgia and name recognition, Disney does a much better job than the other guys.

For me it's more the case that their original hits are so good that I can forgive their rehash fails.

Alice in Wonderland
The Lone Ranger
Maleficent
Cinderella
The Jungle Book

All sucked ass.

:lecture

The Lone Ranger was more fun than I expected, I didn't mind it.
Never saw Oz.
Maleficent was meh, but my daughters enjoyed it, so...
Cinderella, ditto.
The Jungle Book, all movie I just wanted to punch that kid in the face. But my daughters enjoyed it, so...

Finding Dory is the worst Disney Pixar movie ever.

Yup, even worse than that one.

Yea what's up with people liking the jungle book? I found it to be boring and not like the original at all . The damn elephants didn't talk and they didn't even show the kha that much and the vultures weren't even in the film. I bet they'll put those crows in the dumbo movie though.

Alice in Wonderland
The Lone Ranger
Maleficent
Cinderella
The Jungle Book

All sucked ass.

Not sure I agree with that assessment
Alice in Wonderland - I was not a fan but it made a boatload of money which is why a sequel was made (which did bomb)
The Lone Ranger - Was entertaining
Oz the Great and Powerful - I enjoyed the movie just was not the wizard of oz
Maleficent - was a solid movie but not great
Cinderella - was great for the target audience which was not me
The Jungle Book - was a very good movie actually

Yea what's up with people liking the jungle book? I found it to be boring and not like the original at all . The damn elephants didn't talk and they didn't even show the kha that much and the vultures weren't even in the film. I bet they'll put those crows in the dumbo movie though.

That's a complaint I've heard from people before that I just don't understand, why would you want the live action Jungle Book to be just like the animated one? I mean, we still have the animated JB, this isn't replacing it, their just telling the same story a different way with a different tone. Whether the live action versions are good or bad, I appreciate that Disney is trying to do something different with them.

I like John Carter a lot and I love Tomorrowland, which thumbs it's nose directly at the prevalent "everything sucks" culture of fandom. Plus it has a fight scene that involves Han Solo in carbonite.

I saw a few bits and pieces of Lone Ranger and I'd sit and watch it if it was on. Gore Verbinski is incapable of shooting an ugly movie (unless he wants to).

I like John Carter a lot and I love Tomorrowland, which thumbs it's nose directly at the prevalent "everything sucks" culture of fandom. Plus it has a fight scene that involves Han Solo in carbonite.

:lol

Yeah, I got into the Star Wars references.

Contrary to what I said before, I just might have to watch this again soon.

I liked john carter, the issue was the should have done it for an $80-100 million budget not 250.00 million. The movie made 73 million domestic and 250 million world wide. Not sure who thought John Carter could bring in Star Wars, Avengers numbers

Back