The Discovery Channel's The Colony

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And after all those characters die in the first episode, what do you do for a series?

Thats why its an experiment. And die in the first episode? People could survive without food for 30 or more days and water for about 3 days. More then enough screen time. Plus they are clearly helped by the crew and its a heavily scripted TV show, no ones going to be dying man.

About regular people surviving.....
I grew up in NYC, went to school to study finance and I am addicted to tech. Typical person who wouldn't survive right? BUT I have also been growing vegtables and fruits since I was 5, been hunting since I was 10 and learned more than a decent amount of know how concerning motors, pumps, batteries, lighting and plumbing from watching and learning from my father, who is self-educated, and I studied judo for 4 years. You may be dead in the first day, but many people who arent Engineers, PHDs and Doctors WOULD be able to survive on a heavily scripted Discovery channel program:lol.

Last edited:
Anybody watch the finale of this tonight? Overall I thought it was a pretty entertaining series, but I think for a lot of it the colonists were just acting. I mean that guy sticking behind to help "rebuild the city" was just silly. And are we supposed to believe that Discovery would actually let them hurl Molotov Cocktails at the actors "attacking" the colonists?

Anybody watch the finale of this tonight? Overall I thought it was a pretty entertaining series, but I think for a lot of it the colonists were just acting. I mean that guy sticking behind to help "rebuild the city" was just silly. And are we supposed to believe that Discovery would actually let them hurl Molotov Cocktails at the actors "attacking" the colonists?

yeah, i dont know how that whole thing works, it was very entertaining, but i have a hard time distinguishing which parts of it were fake and which parts were real............but i think it was a pretty good show, but you would have to have some luck to be in a grup with a bunch of engineers and a rocket scientst :rolleyes:

I wanted another episode of all of the colonists talking about the experience after the fact. I also want to know if they are going to do another season. I mean, did they get stuck in traffic on their way to San Diego? Did Joey help build another colony? etc.

I watched the marathon, but missed the finale since it was an 1 hour or 2 after the marathon. I think if the do another season it will be alot better. An episode about the experience would be cool, would love to hear how it really went down.

I wanted another episode of all of the colonists talking about the experience after the fact. I also want to know if they are going to do another season. I mean, did they get stuck in traffic on their way to San Diego? Did Joey help build another colony? etc.

Same here. I want answers and I WANT THEM NOW! :lol

Did anyone know that the second season started last week? I'm watching it On Demand right now. There's a new episode on tonight.

https://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/

I knew. I have been watching it. They really stepped up the fighting. It looks like they were told to use force but not injury inducing force. This season is so far better than the first.

This season has what the first was missing - fighting. That makes the show way more fun to watch.

The first episode was pretty good. I like that there are fewer Colonist this time. And the addition of "regular" people is a plus. Of course the artist turned out to be a lazy bum. :lol I still need to watch last night's episode.

yes this season seams much more realistic. I keep getting frustrated with them not fortifying their camp. so I guess Im hooked. :lol Looking forward to the next episode.

I loved the 1st season and already the 2nd season is pretty good too!
They need to secure their camp!

ABOLUTELY! The first thing i would have done after the first incident with the 3 outsiders, I would have secured the camp immediately. They have a gate on the fence. All they have to do is secure it closed at the very least. I still have to watch this weeks episode.

Becka looked damn fine tonight.Thought I caught a lil side boob action at the very end when she was showering from the roof run-off.

Back