The Disaster Artist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's getting some great reviews so far. :)

I never realised just how big a cult following The Room has. Fans throw spoons at screenings for ****s sake. :lol

I tried for years to get my woman to watch it and she finally did on youtube and now understand all the stupid quotes and memes I send her.

Saw it in October .
Great little movie .
Funny as f, nut also moving because it shows the love for movies of these guys.
Ed wood style.
Really great theatre experience with a midnight screening.
The 90s music helped too.
Definitely worth a watch.

Just got out. Brilliant film.

As far as I'm concerned, give Franco the Oscar. Its an incredible performance that like Wiseau's in The Room, is one Franco himself masterfully shoots as a director. I can't stress enough how powerful Franco is as Wiseau. Completely disappears in the role and engages you whilst breaking your heart with every subtle dissapointment and rejection.

I expected a comedy dressed as a biopic but instead got a great drama buried inside a comedy dressed as a biopic.

10/10.

*A24 is really kicking ass this year.

Just got out. Brilliant film.

As far as I'm concerned, give Franco the Oscar. Its an incredible performance that like Wiseau's in The Room, is one Franco himself masterfully shoots as a director. I can't stress enough how powerful Franco is as Wiseau. Completely disappears in the role and engages you whilst breaking your heart with every subtle dissapointment and rejection.

I expected a comedy dressed as a biopic but instead got a great drama buried inside a comedy dressed as a biopic.

10/10.

*A24 is really kicking ass this year.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Saw it tonight and it was a blast and a moving one at that. One of the best films of the year. Franco should be nominated for this film, he disappeared to give the best performance of his career. To bad this most likely won't get any Oscar recognition even though it totally deserves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franco seems like the guy who would rather not win but know his fans believe he should have. That being said, I'm sure he'd rather both, but if he has to please one demographic, I think his fans would be that choice. He just seems like a guy who likes making movies with his friends and he's happened to manage to turn it into a productive career so he's already winning on two fronts. The rest is all gravy.

But yes....give the man a nod.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

can't really recommend this film to anyone who has not seen The Room.Living in SF we would go to the Palace in SF or Tower on University in Berkeley for Mid-nighters and line for line we had this film down.We got so good that we choreographed every part so there was always someone different taking over a part for every other line.It was Freaking hilarious.
This film really brings back those times.. great job by everyone and JF was so on it's spooky.

Yea if someone hasnt seen the room there is no reason to see this. The parts that related to the room were funny and interesting. The reenactments were fun. Franco was spot on. His bother no so much. I wish it went more into what the cast were thinking while making the movie.

DS--ieiVMAEAZ3D.jpg

giphy.gif

Back