The Dig Copperhead Mental Support Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eltigre15

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Well I had been looking at the Dig Copperhead on sideshow's website for awhile now and when they had the 50% off sale I decided to go for it. Well I have around 30 Hot Toys figures and this one was BY FAR the biggest nightmare (although I never had to put together a Predator).

What's nice about this piece is that it has a lot of metal parts and since the helmet is mostly metal they keep it in place with magnets. Well the guy in the factory put the magnets in backwards so it repels the helmet back. By twisting it slightly you can keep it in one position but you sure don't feel secure leaving it like that especially since one of his legs is this little metal thing that seriously cannot be thinner.

Then trying to get those damn tubes in place! It comes with like 10 of these rubber tubes that as you handle it this black crap gets all over the place. They are impossible to put in the sockets. Even with heat it takes Herculean force to get them in and then of course as you are pushing he has these little switches on him that break off like crazy.

Then I tried to get him to hold that weird mechanical squid thing and his hand came off. As I was trying to get it back on his shirt sleeve started disintegrating as we all know Hot Toys rubber can do(probably didn't help they had it in their warehouse for 5 years).

Well when all is said and done it actually is an amazing looking piece and the metal really helps it seem like an authentic diving piece. But boy was that not fun at all. Anyone else that snagged one feel similarly?

Well I will give props to Sideshow on this one. They didn't have any left in stock but they gave me a $40 credit which is more than fair.

I always had interest in these figures, but decided my one "oddball" series would be Apexplorers.

Sorry to hear about the issues, but glad to hear you're at least happy with how he looks.

I always had interest in these figures, but decided my one "oddball" series would be Apexplorers.

Sorry to hear about the issues, but glad to hear you're at least happy with how he looks.

i had an interest in these as well............just so off the wall cool.

and i'm still on the lookout for more apexplores too............wish that line moved a bit faster...........:mad:

The other ones were nice too but for the price Sideshow had it was a no brainer for me to get this one. It's one of those pieces that you don't have to collect the whole line and can stand alone on the shelf and really spices it up. I think it is a piece a lot of people that could care less about collecting would pick out if shown a row of 30 Hot Toys figures (at least the 12" one). The metal parts really help. Just gotta hide the decaying sleeves and hope I don't see a broken helmet on the floor one day :)

Back