The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opps sorry about that! I didn't check up on the thread but as Jacob said, it's wolverine body with stark arms.

opps sorry about that! I didn't check up on the thread but as Jacob said, it's wolverine body with stark arms.

Fantastic combo! I wish the wolverine body fit the head I have. I bought it without realizing the differences.

Here you go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451335688.131771.jpg

What are people using for the singlet? Anyone out there doing a good copy. I've only got The wolverine singlet but it's totally wrong. It will do until I find something more accurate.

I find it's half the fun. 1/6 is a lot easier to find than original 1:1 scale prop parts from the 70s and 80s.

I find it's half the fun. 1/6 is a lot easier to find than original 1:1 scale prop parts from the 70s and 80s.

Oh yeah totally agree, I love waiting for the mail man to drop of the post to see if something I ordered is in the post. In recent years 1/6 has become very popular so accessories are fairly easy to find.

I was inspired by all the great customs in this thread to try painting a McClane figure myself.

I bought a bunch of Tamiya Paints and got to work this afternoon on a cheap ebay body I had lying around. I've done the first coat and I'm letting it dry to see what it looks like before doing any more. It's a little overboard and obviously not screen accurate, but I'm just learning the ropes on this one.

I have a few questions about blood and thinning if anyone who has painted their McClane can help?

Is there a general rule for thinning blood (ratio)? I'm using Tamiya clear red mixed with black in different amounts for the main cuts.

Then I was trying to thin the red for a light wash to paint on the figure to try to make it look like the blood was running down and mixing with his sweat, but I found that the red dried too quickly before I could really blend in the paint... so it was patchy and thick and the edges were hard, rather than just a light shade of red blending in with the skin tone.
If I thinned the red too much, the thinners would pool and run and give me splotchy blood.

You can see on his lower right back what I mean... the red dried so quickly that even when I added more thinners on my brush it didn't blend it in properly.

I'm sure this is something that I'll get with more experience, but can anyone who has painted theirs give me any advice? Should I be mixing other colours with the red to make the colour lighter overall rather than trying to do this all with thinners?

die hard paint 2.jpg

die hard paint 3.jpg

die hard paint 4.jpg

die hard paint 5.jpg

die hard paint 6.jpg

Pants, head and feet need painting / weathering to match the body but I threw them on for a quick photo shoot.
I can't find a good singlet so he's going shirtless for now.

mcclane-3.jpg

mcclane-4.jpg

mcclane-5.jpg

Hi folks, just a quick question for those who have a cig in their figure's mouth. Is it permanent? Did you drill a hole in the lips or glue it in, or is there some way to make it removable? I've tried using sticky tack but the cig always flops down.

Back