The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you guys still like Bruce Willis. He said he pretty much thinks Die Hard fans are the worst.

If I had a penny for every time an actor said he hated the movie he was in or thought the fans were silly... and yet if they live long enough they always come back to the 'silly'.

Among the more vocal many: Alec Guinness, Liam Neeson, George Lucas, Sean Connery...

Yet Willis keeps doing the movies... So silly or not money talks.

I never really saw Die Hard fans as being weird anyway? Like does anybody live and die by Die Hard as if it were some sort of religion like Star Wars or Harry Potter fans? It's not like Willis has to deal with thousands of rabid shoeless fans in wife beaters professing their undying love for john mclane.

At the most you might get one out of every 1000 average joes who would list die hard as their favorite movie. The rest of the fans are probably normal people who claim that they think the movie was cool, or like watching it on Christmas, or like quoting it etc.

hi guys, need some help here.
how do you guys paint blood and get the shirt all dirty?....thanks

name brand paint?
I was once asking the same question about the blood effects here with not a single answer... just tumbleweeds rolling around for weeks.
so, I'm saving you from being that guy who asked the question which no-one answered.

for blood, most just seem to be using any red paint they can find...
but for a bit more realism... the right way to do it would be (for example) to use Tamiya clear red with a few dabs of glossy black in it.

dirt on the shirt can be accomplished with any mix of brown/light brown/grey/black (artist) acrylics you can find.

hope this helps...

The best weathering effects for white shirts are accomplished with tea in my eyes. Just soack and crunsh and roll it in your hands. Let it dry and repeat until you are happy and you will have a nice weathered shirt.

As for blood, there seem to be many ways but the already described one seems to be the most easy one with a pretty good result.

i got nice results from a red biro empty out a nice blob of ink and the heavier areas will dry dark and rubing a bit with with your finger will give you a lighter red also for the arms you can dribble some and let it dry how it flows and it leaves a nice wet look, simple and cheap but leave at least 30 hours to dry also used ash and coffee on the shirt, sounds crap but worked a treat just apply with finger tips and work it in how you want it

When adding "dirt" and grime to 1/6 clothing, make sure the clothing is wet before applying any paint. Also make sure the paint is watered down.

If you don't add the water, it ends up looking like what it is... clothing with paint on it.

How can you guys still like Bruce Willis. He said he pretty much thinks Die Hard fans are the worst.

Oh the troubles of the rich and famous..
Would he prefer people come up to him and say "I'll never get back that half hour I spent watching Hudson Hawk"
"But it's a 90 min movie" says Willis.
"It's all I could stand to watch." "Still it was 15 longer than when I tried Sunset and 10 min. longer than when I attempted Bonfire of the Vanities"

Is anyone using the Wolverine body? I just tried today but I can't get the neck post to sit far enough down and snap in. Do I need to trim the rubber away from the top of the neck or something?

Back