The definitive Spiderman statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoyoctopus10

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm looking to pick up a single spiderman statue, preferably something less that 1/4 scale and under $300 that is the definitive spiderman statue. My collection is 50/50 Batman and Star Wars right now, but I recently bought a magneto bust and I want to have a small section dedicated to Marvel. What do you guys recommend?

Hey guys! I'm looking to pick up a single spiderman statue, preferably something less that 1/4 scale and under $300 that is the definitive spiderman statue. My collection is 50/50 Batman and Star Wars right now, but I recently bought a magneto bust and I want to have a small section dedicated to Marvel. What do you guys recommend?

The new SS JSC Spidey. 1/5 scale $299

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-sideshow-collectibles-200265/

Wait for the Amazing Spiderman 2 PF that I hear is in the pipeline...

Well, if you are looking for something that is smaller than 1/4 scale...then the new COM looks great. Personally, the best 2 Spidey statues I have ever seen (regardless of scale) are the original Spidey COM and Kotobukiya's Spidey statue. The Koto Spidey is in 1/6 scale so he's basically a little larger than a Bowen statue. Unfortunately, you'll be extremely lucky to score one for $300. He's been selling for between $400-$500+ range regularly. There's a good reason for that. The original COM is too big for you and is way out of your price range as well. I own both and I have no need for any other Spidey statues because I think they look awesome. However, given your criteria I'd say the new COM is the way to go.

The Bowen is really the only one that meets the criteria

https://www.rockysvault.com/shop/spider-man-red-museum-statue-2012/

https://www.rockysvault.com/shop/spider-man-statue-two-pack/

Shame you missed out on the Koto Spidey because that piece is epic. Bowen have made some really nice Spidey pieces, I would into them.

You know what? Now that you mention it, the new modern museum Spidey by Bowen looks really good. He retails at $230 and can regularly be found at less than retail. I was at C2E2 and saw one for $180. I almost broke and bought it. Stan Lee was at the Con and I was thinking of buying it and having Stan sign it. However, the price for Stan's signature increased a lot and I didn't have enough to get the 4 pieces I had on me signed by Stan and buy the BD Spidey. Anyway, it's a cool looking piece and definitely fits in the OP's price range.

Well, if you are looking for something that is smaller than 1/4 scale...then the new COM looks great. Personally, the best 2 Spidey statues I have ever seen (regardless of scale) are the original Spidey COM and Kotobukiya's Spidey statue. The Koto Spidey is in 1/6 scale so he's basically a little larger than a Bowen statue. Unfortunately, you'll be extremely lucky to score one for $300. He's been selling for between $400-$500+ range regularly. There's a good reason for that. The original COM is too big for you and is way out of your price range as well. I own both and I have no need for any other Spidey statues because I think they look awesome. However, given your criteria I'd say the new COM is the way to go.

comiquette

/close thread :lol

I think you two are right, do you think I have a hope of the WL converting?

I'm not a big fan of Bowen, I feel like the statue looks cheapish, I guess because they're older.

Shame you missed out on the Koto Spidey because that piece is epic. Bowen have made some really nice Spidey pieces, I would into them.

Which one? The unleashed?

Yeah that's the one, Unleashed. I'm quite sure if you order the Spidey CQ it will convert but if you look around I'm sure you will find plenty of re-sellers who will have him available to order

Yeah that's the one, Unleashed. I'm quite sure if you order the Spidey CQ it will convert but if you look around I'm sure you will find plenty of re-sellers who will have him available to order

Does anyone have it for cheaper?

Edit: Oo I didn't realize there was an Ex. What do think the chances are on that WL?

Does anyone have it for cheaper?

Edit: Oo I didn't realize there was an Ex. What do think the chances are on that WL?

Probably but being a European collector I'm not familiar with any American re-sellers so I'm not going to be much help to you there but I'm sure some fellow boardies will have some recommendations [emoji111]️

If you can get it for under $300 (who knows :dunno), my pick would be the Koto Spidey.

I'm going to pimp one of my pics while I'm at it :lol

SuLSnY0.png

Dang, that's a nice shot... That is the definitive of Action Pose.

Cheers
biggrin.gif

I take so many low quality pics, that when a good one pops up, I'm pretty happy to show it :lol

I would definitely go for the new JSC 1/5 Comiquette. That, and add the girls, and Black Cat (future release?) and you are all good. They don't take up too much space, and they compliment each other so well.

I didn't notice you were looking for a smaller statue...I own and recommend the Kotobukiya. It's one AMAZING Spiderman statue! :monkey3 I also have the JSC Exclusive PO'd, but I might end of selling one or both of these statues. Less than $300? No ideas for you, sorry.

Back