The Dead: The Babysitter - subject 1025

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the variants in the line are significant to the storyline as well. Sideshow doesn't typically make a variant to just make a variant, there is a reason for it. The two Darlas were the same outfit different colors, but gave collectors one more Darla, which they could use in a seperate display. With the Dead line, there must be a reason certain figures get a outfit variant and others don't. Alternate universes, twins, clones, etc?

Cool thought ... but I think you are over thinking it. Variants = Quick Way to Make Exclusive A for Event B. That's all.

That is always possible, but I doubt it with Sideshow. The doc was fun to have in two different scrubs but the Spokesman really doesn't make sense unless there is a reason for it. Sideshow is already making a pretty penny on this in house line, so I don't see why they would need to double dip. We haven't seen any Star Wars characters besides Sith Eyes Anakin use the same headsculpt for a variant figure, which is saying something because that is a high priced licensed line. We could have merely gotten the same Luke sculpt(s) again and again.

I know I may be looking too much into it, but I want to believe there is more to the variants than just Sideshow making a quick buck.

BUT, there IS something up with the #5. There is no doubt there. There are too many other numbers that could be used, but 5 is constantly used again and again. That has to mean something.

Looks awesome so far. I agree with whoever said this line is really really freaking cool. Its a real treat to collect.

DEAD ZOMBABE!!! WOO HOO!!! :rock

Sorry, I just woke up and saw the newsletter now...

And DAMN! This was only posted last night and already there are 7 pages of gobbledy-gook. You bastards must not sleep... :monkey5

Gotta love the pigtails!!! :rock

subject1025.jpg

Just hope the PO is normal.. not some funky trickery like ss did for the Spokesman! :monkey3

looking at the photo, there is definately something going on with the right side of her mouth - you can see the lip hanging weirdly :chew

Yeah- I noticed that too- first thing. She's gonna be killer!

Sideshow has just made my February even more sweeter, between this and the Eagle/Beast statue.

I love Sideshow...
wub.gif

Back