The Day the Earth Stood Still Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also couldnt stand that little boy. I think Micah from Heroes would have done a way better job.

Reeves blows! He doesn't act, I don't think he knows how. He ruins everything he is in. Theres really no more to say to that.

Keanu Reeves was perfect. Gort looked awesome as well. But the movie was just blah.

The kid was awful. And why the interracial stuff? Was the father black and his wife white, both black, father white and wife black? I don't see the point in the kid being black other than having Will Smith's son in the movie (and I'm sure he will be forced into more films as well).

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think this is the first time he was cast as an interracial kid. That's happening alot these days.

I don't care much for him. He was on Ellen the other day and he's got an attitude. He'll always have parts because of his dad though. Will is misscast alot too.

I didn't have a problem with the racial thing and it made it a bit easier for her to be the stepmom who is left with the kid. But they didn't set that up at all - it could have added dimension to both their characters.

I'd agree the kid from Heroes is a much better actor.

I thought the movie was pretty good and Keanu was perfect in it. The rest of the cast was also really good but i thought it was weird the John Cleese part was so small. it was almost a blink-and-you'll-miss part. I would give it a 7/10.

Just saw it today I didn't enjoy it near as much as I thought I would. Pretty weak remake to me. And yeah, that kid was really annoying. Keanu I liked but the movie as a whole was a stinker.

Back