The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

What made it terrible?

They should have just left the hospital scene and the voice over. The way they showed bane and batman at the end was lame. Less is more in a teaser trailer. I did not want more after watching that. TDK teaser was way better.

What made it brilliant?

I loved the fact that they used the RA's voiceover from Begins - i've always believed the final film has to address that statement..'if you make yourself more than just a man....' because by the end, the Batman has to become a legend, and a symbol for hope for Gotham.

The tone of the teaser was brilliant, completely bleak and allowing the audience to feel the sense of hopelessness. After all, 'the night is darkest just before the dawn'.. and this is going to be the darkest point for Gotham, before Batman shows them the light at the end.

The sequence with Gordon on the bed, mirroring the scene in Begins when Bruce visits Gordon on his first night, and the whole 'now we're two'.. it has come full circle and Gordon is now pleading with him to return as Batman..he must.

And then of course that final shot, the fact that Batman is backing away, and the way Bane seems to move, I thought was really badass. Gives you a REAL sense of threat.

Bane is gonna bring some real hurt in this film, and I can't wait to see it.

Overall it did everything a teaser is supposed to do - I can't wait for more:yess:

EDIT: Forgot to mention the sequence fo the Bat symbol rising through the buildings... so awesome, I hope it is actually in the film - someone suggested that could be a dream Bruce has, while he's struggling with the notion of making a return, following what Gordon says to him perhaps

Wow I got none of that. I just laughed at how stupid it was. Oh well each their own. Harry Potter ____ing owned!

As for Bane bringing the pain, we all know Batman will beat his ass.

I was a bit disapointed by the trailer.
Too much rehash of scene we already know.
It didn't make me excited at all.

This is how the Lazirus pit will become toxic venom for Bane in The Dark Knight Rises
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixg2ukmiKc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixg2ukmiKc[/ame]

Last edited:

I was a bit disapointed by the trailer.
Too much rehash of scene we already know.
It didn't make me excited at all.

But it was a teaser... compare it to the TDK teaser for example where all we got was a voiceover, over a breaking blue bat symbol

I just got back from Potter with TDKR trailer attached. Really great stuff, but like I said before, I still felt that TDK trailer was more moving/powerful. This new trailer was great especially when they showed Batman and Bane in the 'death-stare' showdown, but I didn't get amped like I did from TDK one. Even the girl behind me in the theater said aloud, 'That sucked.' :lol

Good trailer, but I was hoping for something different. The movie will be nothing short of phenomenal, I'm sure, so I'm not bothered in the slightest.

Well fair enough if you liked the TDK teaser better.

I loved the teasers from each of the three films, my favourite was Begins, following by Rises and TDK comes third for me. But that Joker laugh did indeed destroy any doubts I had over Ledger

Well fair enough if you liked the TDK teaser better.

I loved the teasers from each of the three films, my favourite was Begins, following by Rises and TDK comes third for me. But that Joker laugh did indeed destroy any doubts I had over Ledger

Don't get me wrong. I liked it, but TDK spoiled me. :lol. 'Begins' has a great one well. Forgot about that one, until the other day when someone reposted it. This is going to be such a memorable trilogy when all is said and done.

Wow, someone REALLY enjoyed the Teaser Trailer LOL!
:rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hhhd3V4eA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hhhd3V4eA[/ame]

I frankly LOVED the teaser. They drove home the finality of it all with the hospital scene and the voiceover. The flashes of Bane and then Batman at the end were terrific but the crumbling city and the bat overhead just made it all the more engaging. It was the poster come alive and as a tease to what is to come, it did its job wonderfully.

Now after seeing the TDKR teaser in IMAX I'm more stoked for this film!!! When Batman backs away from Bane...I wanted to jump in and help him haha Oh and Gordon :/ This film needs to be out already!! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back