The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

You know what F it. This thread is full of close-minded people. I hope the new Batman movie ends with the government using satellites to track Batman back to his batcave while he's using the tumbler (Enemy of the State-style) and shoot his a$$ the F*@k up.

Go do cartwheels in the Marvel section.:cuckoo:

Go do cartwheels in the Marvel section.:cuckoo:

I'm not a Marvel fanboy genius. It doesn't matter anyway, because the Batman movies will probably go to hell after Nolans done with this last 1. You'll wish they made a Nightwing movie, because your beloved Batman will revisit his s#!+ty movie days again.

Well the first tumbler was destroyed in TDK, if they were going to make a new ''batmobile'' then why bother bringing the Tumbler back?

Well what's preventing Fox from making him another one? And if there's nothing wrong with the design, why change it?

I'm not a Marvel fanboy genius. It doesn't matter anyway, because the Batman movies will probably go to _____ after Nolans done with this last 1. You'll wish they made a Nightwing movie, because you'll beloved Batman will revisit his _____ty movie days again.

Never said you were. Sounds like you don't even like batman. Why haven't you left yet?

Put on your big boy pants and walk away.:cuckoo:

Okay genius. I assume you stick with a "Batman runs away from or into the screen" shot for the 1000x time shot. How fresh and original.:thud:

Does it really need to be so 'fresh' or 'original' when what it already is, (your suggestion), is so epic when scored and filmed right, as Nolan does?

Apparently, you are the only one here with an open-mind like me. That's bad for business when it comes to DC making money off movies.

intothevoid is open minded here and logical. Note he said post Nolan. Don't need no NightWiing polluting the Nolanverse. :lecture

Well the first tumbler was destroyed in TDK, if they were going to make a new ''batmobile'' then why bother bringing the Tumbler back?

Does it really need to be so 'fresh' or 'original' when what it already is, (your suggestion), is so epic when scored and filmed right, as Nolan does?

intothevoid is open minded here and logical. Note he said post Nolan. Don't need no NightWiing polluting the Nolanverse. :lecture

I'd have been open to Nightwing in the Nolanverse too but to introduce him in the 3rd film is too late so agree with people on that.

If they were to use him, they'd have to start his story in the 2nd film on some level

TDKR needs to be about Batman

I'd have been open to Nightwing in the Nolanverse too but to introduce him in the 3rd film is too late so agree with people on that.

If they were to use him, they'd have to start his story in the 2nd film on some level

TDKR needs to be about Batman

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Technically there were 2 Tumblers made if you listen to the story. When Fox explains how the military used them, they needed two Tumblers for the missions. Here is Fox's line from Begins:

"She was built as a bridging vehicle. During combat, two of these would jump over a river, towing cables. Over here on the throttle, flip that open and throttle up. This will boost you into a rampless jump"

"Never could get the darn bridge to work" also implies the second definately already existed as they were trying jumps with both of them.

Well what's preventing Fox from making him another one? And if there's nothing wrong with the design, why change it?

"Never could get the darn bridge to work" also implies the second definately already existed as they were trying jumps with both of them.

i also think for the amount of time they have, it would be really tough to make a new Batmobile. They made 5 for Begins, one was wrecked in a crash off set, so there is 4 left. and they cost hundreds of thousands if not a million to build just one. Plus all the miniature versions they made. They had the time for Begins to build them. used them again in TDK...

Tumbler makes sense. it was his baby from the beginning, if the story is supposed to come back around to wrap it all up, the Tumbler makes sense and look forward to seeing more of it. I just love that vehicle!!!

Ever since it was revealed back in 2005, I've just never liked the Tumbler. I remember back in 2007 being really excited when we learned from the latest rumor mill that it was going to be destroyed. Then it finally happened and I was glad to see that piece of ____ go.

In my opinion, that was the greatest scene involving the Tumbler. I loved how one shot from an RPG took it down and how it was almost like a character died. That "good bye" before it self destructs and then the awesome Batpod reveal really made that scene for me. Other than the story, I figured Nolan and Co. did that just in case they made a third film and wanted to redo and remake a better Batmobile. I guess not.

It's kind of uninspired to just have it come back after all that. The Batpod I can see, it lasted the film, but a Tumbler II? Give me a break. You would think after the whole situation involving Coleman Reese that Wayne and Fox would just make their own vehicles and equipment in secret, from scratch.

b/c batman needs to drive on more rooftops :p

Those cops aren't going to run themselves over. :yess:

Who's to say the tumbler isn't a decoy? I think we'll see something new but who knows...

This surprises me bud!

Hehe

Thing is, Nolan is a genius, and if he wanted to find a way to make Nightwing work even in his limited universe, he'd bloody well find a brilliant way.

I do love the Nightwing character - i'd like to see the character done some justice on film eventually

Yeah.. Robin is gay. A movie about him would be like Twilight i.e. teenage-angst BS that only appeals to 14 year old virgins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back