The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Probably never, other than on a new copy of BB or TDK on Blu-Ray, I don't believe they ever posted the TDK one officially, only bootlegs online and the BR of Begins had it.

yeaa ohh well I will pick up any special eddition BB TDK as soon as they come with the prologue.

thanks maul.

I'm holding off on Nolan BR for the innevitable Trilogy set, and since Nolan's Batman movies are light on extras anyway, I don't think I'll be missing much if I don't get the current ones.

Nope, I just got a BR player last xmas and I'm slowly building up my collection.

I got the BB Special Edition back when it came out, but refused to buy TDK on Blu for the exact reason you do, but I found it for 5 bucks on Black Friday, and figured what the hell. It's scary awesome how close this movie actually is. The months are flying by, and it seems like no time at all before we'll be sitting in the theater watching the grand finale for ourselves. It'll definitely be bitter-sweet though; knowing that it's finally here, but also that it's finally over.

Anarchist? Dumb.

Yeah. Doesn't really make sense. I've heard Batman -- particularly Miller's Batman -- referred to as a fascist ... never an anarchist.

Fundamentally, Batman has a VERY strict view of right-and-wrong that he enforces by the application, with extreme prejudice, of fear and brute force. If you're on the right side, he'll defend you with his life. If you're on the wrong side, he'll slam your head through a plate-glass window. That's definitely not anarchist.

SnakeDoc

And then a free spirit too? Uhhh. :lol

Is Bale really discussing Batman here? Bruce Wayne is practically an iron maiden who keeps all this angst inside, how is that a "free spirit"?

They gonna liberalize da Bat. True, it's Nolan's interpretation but I don't like the idea that Batman is just this tool that Bruce Wayne uses. What happened to all that, "a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight" talk? Now you want to do away with that, cure Bruce Wayne by taking away the pain and making him a free spirit, lefty? Well, okay.

Perhaps the anarchist comment is in reference to how Nolan's Batman has no issues blowing up public property with no regard for what he's doing. He destroyed the parking garage and all sorts of property during the Dent chase in TDK and didn't even flinch at it. I think in that way, the comment is meant to say, he and Joker aren't that separate, Batman will do whatever he must for his point of view and Joker for his, but they're on opposite sides of what they're trying to achieve and it's only the reason for what they do that separates Batman from those he pursues, at least in Nolan's world.

Anyone talking abut the misunderstanding of the Batman character misunderstands life. It's a ____ing fictional character that anyone at anytime can do whatever the ____ they want to with it. If DC wants to come out and say Batman's story was all a dream and his father is Superman and his mother is a crack whore; well guess what, it doesn't change anything about the history we've heard already, it's just another story. They're all individual stories with someone's slant and they can be whatever the ____ they want to be.

batcrazypart1.jpg

batcrazypart2.jpg

Anyone talking abut the misunderstanding of the Batman character misunderstands life. It's a ____ing fictional character that anyone at anytime can do whatever the ____ they want to with it. If DC wants to come out and say Batman's story was all a dream and his father is Superman and his mother is a crack whore; well guess what, it doesn't change anything about the history we've heard already, it's just another story. They're all individual stories with someone's slant and they can be whatever the ____ they want to be.

:goodpost::exactly:

This is a really interesting and quite brilliant take on batman:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnZRU8RahTY[/ame]

For al lwe know Bruce Wayne ends up in a Wheelchair and someone else has to take the Cowl, I don't really think Nolan will kill him, but He could make him quit being Batman,

Or what If Bruce does have to brake his one rule with Bane and he can no longer be batman because of it,

I know, I KNOW it sounds really far Fetched, I know this will not hapen, Im just saying, What If Nolan has a trick up his sleeve like that, something that will make everyone go (Oh My God...:horror)

I think that's what's going to happen, he will not kill him or anything but something drastic and shocking

First post after the clean up and it's still not on topic. :lol

Well considering the fact that I've been commenting on the disorder in this thread for weeks, while everyone else has been acting like fools, my one post off topic might be okay.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:slap:slap:slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back