The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

There's been a debate about this at SHH - I agree his honesty is refreshing but I also do think that last line about trying to bring something boutique to something that is starbucks pretty much describes his take on Nolans batman, he's trying to bring artistic character driven narrative to something as commercial and consumer friendly as Batman

Last edited:

I dont know why everyone is so hell bent thinking that Batman will not get a new suit in TDKR. All because he has the TDK suit on on the teaser doesnt mean anything. I highly doubt Nolan would show off a new suit so soon anyhow,especially not in a teaser. Besides Batman had the BB suit in the beginning of TDK. This movie might work the same way. Maybe batman gets his @$$ handed to him by Bane, is out of commission for a while and comes back with a new improved suit to take out Bane for the climax. Think of it like this he's gotta get a new suit for merchandising, people! :lol

I highly doubt Nolan would show off a new suit so soon anyhow,especially not in a teaser. Besides Batman had the BB suit in the beginning of TDK.

No clue if Batman will or won't get a new suit, because either option is possible but I just wanted to point this out: In the first trailer for TDK that came out back in December of 2007 (that actually showed footage from the film) the new "TDK" version of the suit was shown.

So it's not like Nolan considers a new suit for Batman as some big secret. I think that's more of a fan thing. Nolan doesn't seem to consider that aspect as special in any way. Same thing with the Bat-Pod. That was shown right in the original trailer. The "surprise" was the fact that it came from the Tumbler.

Yeah agreed Devil - i think if there's a new suit, it will def be seen in the first full trailer. UNLESS there is a major story point around it (being heavily armoured or something) to deal with Bane, in which case it could potentially be kept under wraps until quite late.

Yeah it was revealed way back in June of 2007, just a little over a year before the film was released.

batmansnewsuit.jpg

Pretty sure Entertainment Weekly broke them. The shot of him standing on top of the police car.

Edit - exactly Difabio

Even if Batman doesn't get a new suit, I fully expect it to get ravaged in a physical fight with Bane and something new even if its a slight variation in the end for the big "send off".

Yeah it was revealed way back in June of 2007, just a little over a year before the film was released.

batmansnewsuit.jpg

I wonder why the scene when he's jumping from car to car was axe? Just a promo?

even a new suit wont help from the ass kicking that he'll get from bane

It was nice waking up to this,

battwo.jpg

Yep I saw that too! Also saw the tumbler at an airport a few weeks ago. :rock Also going to a shooting downtown this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back