The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Ok, that's not what I said though. Besides, as I said before, her personality SUCKED. She was a bland, boring character and she made the movie go slower everytime she was on screen.

And you know what, I would say that ya...you dont have to love somebody just because of their looks, but has everyone forgot that Bruce Wayne is a billionair playboy that can get any fricken girl he wants?

Between that and her bland personality, she was just not a believable character.

Not to mention her acting.

- "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

- *trying to be sexy* "Harvey, you're Gotham's D.A. If you're not getting shot at, you're not doing your job. 'Course if you said you were rattled we could take the rest of the day off."

The only time I liked her was during her monologue (the letter) AFTER she died.

I really had no problem at all with the character. Sure she wasn't that great compared to the others, but she wasn't as horrible as people make her out to be.

I also happened to like Maggie over Katie, but I see that doesn't really say much. :monkey5

has everyone forgot that Bruce Wayne is a billionair playboy that can get any fricken girl he wants?

Sure he can, but he doesn't. He's been shown with beautiful models around his arms, but that aspect of him is just a ruse. It's not something he takes seriously except to deceive the public.

It's not who he really is... he is more. ;)

I really had no problem at all with the character. Sure she wasn't as great as the others, but she wasn't as horrible as people make her out to be.

She wasn't even a character, she was a plot device.

I can't confirm it, but I'm sure she was a last minute addition to Begins. They needed a typical love interest and decided to throw her in. It certainly seems that way. She's nothing more than a plot device to serve as a moral compass for Wayne. Let the pep talk and motivational speeches to Alfred. Her function in the second one is to die, something that fans had been hoping for prior to TDK.

She's not a strong female character (hopefully Catwoman changes that), she's not attractive (Katie looked better though), and the acting is bad and over the top.

Not to mention her acting.

- "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

- *trying to be sexy* "Harvey, you're Gotham's D.A. If you're not getting shot at, you're not doing your job. 'Course if you said you were rattled we could take the rest of the day off."

The only time I liked her was during her monologue (the letter) AFTER she died.

I HATED that. Her expression as she said that was so ugly it made me gag.

You know it's bad when someone makes Katie Holmes look like a model & Academy Award winning actress. :lol

I still dig Maggie (both acting wise and look) over Mrs Tom.
She's no oil painting, but I'd still spare 5 that. She has nicely coloured eyes... that's enough for me :p

The only bad acting or line delivery by anyone in The Dark Knight was that ____ing SWAT guy. Nolan must have owed a favor to someone to let that horrible ____ get in the film especially at such an important part. "Okay this isn't good, this is not good!" Or something along those lines.

At first I thought that guy was Jon Favreau. He was obsessed with poultry too.

“You can't stop here, we're like sitting ducks!”

"like Turkey's on Thanksgiving"

etc. etc.

My theory is that it was a family member of someone Nolan owed a favor to or someone who worked on the film's family member that said "hey my uncle is a big fan of your work do you think you could squeeze him in?"

It was Nicky Katt - Clint from Dazed and Confused and the bully that took Chandler's hat. Plus, he was the dude that got the arrow through the head in Sin City.

My theory is that it was a family member of someone Nolan owed a favor to or someone who worked on the film's family member that said "hey my uncle is a big fan of your work do you think you could squeeze him in?"

I can't remember exactly, but I think he's in another one of Nolan's films. Memento?

I think they're friends but don't quote me on that. I'm not about to google him and search for a reason why. :lol

yeah, it was that guy...he's uncredited in TDK. weird.

I think nolan should just chill with feeling like he needs comic relief. like two kids shooting at cars with their finger pistols. It's not going to sway anyone from thinking it's like to intense a movie or something. Plus, theres usually some humor with alfred and bruce or written in for some main characters.
my sister and her husband hate all of nolan's films because they feel like they are too intense and serious in tone. Like the music especially gives them anxiety like if they were watching a horror movie or something. Which is fine, but I like the fact that nolan makes huge intense movies. No one else does it like him.

Yes, it was Nicky Katt... funny connection... he was also in Batman & Robin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back