The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So he's not talking like Batman then, because he is Batman just not in the bat suit, as being in civillian clothes is a miles better disguise as opposed to walking the streets in the suit or being on the batpod? Yeah, thats shot down.

1989 and burtons films, suck. I used to love them. But for me, BTAS is the definitive version of batman. And in BTAS, Bruce wayne is the mask he uses, batman is his real identity. Which this film reiterates many times with many scenes throughout the franchise.

Just got back from the movie. It was bloody brilliant.

Any reserves I had about opting for the BluRay/DVD combo pack, in a few months, are now gone. My wallet will be hurting after doing the same with Avengers and The Amazing Spider-man. Adding further injury is the release of the new Hot Toys Batman and Catwoman figures later this year, as well as the AMS Spidey.

Anyway, Batman Begins is still my favorite of the trilogy. Although, to be quite honest, you almost have to take them all as one, with each film laying the ground work for the overall plot, even despite "The Dark Knight" being more centrally focused on Batman's singular fight against organized crime in Gotham.

Now, I willl say that there were parts in "The Dark Knight Rises" that were kind of meh and bordered on the dull side. Still, the overall feel and quality that went into the film kept shining through in various scenes. I thought each actor, recurring or otherwise, did a fantastic job and really pulled me into the film. Though, Bane took a while to get accustomed to, I'll admit.

And while not as glamorously unique as The Dark Knight, or as inspirationally entertaining as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises certainly holds it's own with the other two, throughout most of the film, even beating out both of their respective endings, in my opinion. I absolutely loved the ending of Batman Begins, as it had that extraordinary sense of hope, and the sequel's ending (The Dark Knight) was pretty awesome in it's own right.

However, The Dark Knight Rises just blew me away at the end. So, in a way, it makes up for the lackluster opening, something the previous two films in the trilogy got right. I definitely enjoyed the film and I'm glad with the way it sent off the series.

The Batman franchise Nolan created is as fun and entertaining to watch as Avengers and Spiderman and a lot of other comic book movies and I will cherish all of those experiences as long as I can. And I will continue to do so as more films are made, despite this Bat-verse coming to a close.

And with that, I'll end with a few spoiler related comments...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
What happened?

Just a total lack of synchronisity between me and my other half. If I want to stay in, she wants to go out. If I want to go out, she wants to stay in. I'm sure you know how women are, once they hint at something they want (I.e. cancel and stay in) you either have to give in or forge onwards but feel guilty and have the whole thing ruined because of said guilt.

Just a total lack of synchronisity between me and my other half. If I want to stay in, she wants to go out. If I want to go out, she wants to stay in. I'm sure you know how women are, once they hint at something they want (I.e. cancel and stay in) you either have to give in or forge onwards but feel guilty and have the whole thing ruined because of said guilt.

I know exactly what that feels like.
But I'm kind of jelous you haven't seen it yet

I want to experience my first viewing again :lol :monkey2

And you said you had booked (paid for) seats too? That's bull____ dude.

Yeah happy wife = happy life but c'mon! :(

Have you not seen it yet??????????????????? Just saw it second time and was just as impressed if not more..

She said shes paying when we do go see it. Damn right she is.

She mentioned wednesday, gonna try and bring it forward.

Sorry to hear that bro. Are you still planning to go? And yeah I know how women can be.:lol:gah:

Nevermind, just saw your other post. Wednesday it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back